PDA

View Full Version : Wolf Ridge Hillclimb

seckerich
05-05-2007, 10:34 PM
CCR SCCA is holding the first annual Wolf Ridge Hillclimb May 19th, 20 minutes North of Asheville NC. It is a very challenging 2 mile climb with plenty of switchbacks. It is very much like the old Chimney Rock course. Check out the links from the CCR website or go to www.wolfridgehillclimb.com for more details and an incar video of the course. Doesn't hurt that there are rental cabins around the paddock with hot tubs in the deck overlooking the mountains. :birra: This race should be a blast.

JeffYoung
05-05-2007, 11:22 PM
steve, sounds good. Can you run a street car with harnesses or do you need a full cage/logbooked car?

Knestis
05-06-2007, 08:35 AM
With all due respect the to the Blue Ridge - now THAT is a hillclimb.

Kirk (who loves hills)

seckerich
05-06-2007, 10:05 AM
You have that right Kirk. I remember getting out of the car at Chimney Rock and leaning against it to talk to people. Not because I was tired, but because my knees were still weak. Always knew when you had a fast run!

This event is open to all full race cars with cages and logbooks as well as limited classes that allow TT legal roll bars, and basic safety gear. The street prepared, and street mod classes allow just a bar and arm restraints in place of window net. An IT legal fire ext. is required in all classes. A Time Trial or Road Race license is required. PM me if anyone has questions about running and we will help you out.

Most hillclimbs are a big party with some racing included for fun. They have a 5 star restaurant and first class rental lodges all over the property. Everything you need is on site so you can relax and enjoy.