PDA

View Full Version : TMS Enduro

IPRESS
05-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Tex Region ran a 3HR (shortened to 2) Enduro at the TMS roval yesterday. It was the first Enduro I have ever run that didn't have a yellow. MarkB who posts on here time to time came out and was our fueler. We had a two car team running with Team MER (the Pro MX5 guys), my ITA Miata and an SM. TMS is pretty simple and other then the 180 from the oval to the road course there are few places to pass other then drafting. Since there were only 4 other IT cars, most of the fun was playing with the SMs and SRFs. My fast lap was pretty equal to the top SMs, but Jason cut mine by 2 seconds so in the end we finished fourth overall behind a ITE (Koni Challenge BMW) and a couple of SRFs. I think there were only 28 cars running as it was a weekday single race regional event, and most of the National SMs were saving their cars for the two national races on Saturday and Sunday. Mark was a huge help and it was great to put a face to a name. I expect him to have his ITS RX7 ready to go soon and it sounds like it will be a top car.
We were talking and both of us have the opinion that SCCA in our Div needs to really get to work on it's Regional racing program or NASA may get most all of that business.
Still it was a fun race and with no contact everybody was happy.

mbuskuhl
05-06-2007, 09:15 AM
Congrats to Mac and Jason for some great driving! Mac wasted no time and passed several cars right at the start. Nicely built car as well! It was my first enduro and I got to learn some things. Thanks to Team MER, Mac, and the others for their hospitality. I'd gladly help again.

I just need a brake controller for my new to me F250 I got yesterday and I'm ready to go racing at TWS later this month. I'm sure I'll be racing myself again for that easy win :smilie_pokal: Ha. We need some cars in TX! Both SCCA and NASA lack IT and PT cars. NASA though gives you lots more track time and a glad you could make it attitude. In any case, I'm just looking forward to being on the track.