PDA

View Full Version : Fuel cell badder adhesive that's safe?

CRXsi
04-30-2007, 10:58 PM
I am attempting to get my fuel cell up and running again but am running into major problems left right and center. It all started with siphoning off 3yr old gas and finding the foam had rotted and turned to dust. Next was the decision to just get new foam.....great idea, until things go sour again.

It is a Fuel Safe Pro cell. The problem now is that the nut ring that is adhered onto the inside edge that the filler plate bolts to has become unadhered. I am curious if anyone has any ideas to get around this issue as I don't have a spare $1200 to replace the bladder right now. A few thoughts I've had are to use a fuel resistant silicone to glue it back into place so I can install the fill plate when the new foam comes in. Other ideas are to get some threaded rod that can go into 2-4 holes so the plate can go on overtop and then pull the ring into place, I am worried about sealing through the bolts using this method but I doubt the bolts would leak. The main concern is I don't want to use anything that would damage or ruin the bladder both chemically or otherwise.

Anyone else have any other suggestions that would ease my crisis....I also only have 1 month before the next race so ordering parts that are not in stock is definitely not an option.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

CRXsi
05-01-2007, 11:40 PM
In case anyone is interested this is the reply I got from Fuelsafe:

The nutring is not there to seal. Do not use any home glue to try to seal it in as you may get that glue in your fuel. Just put in a couple of studs to hold it in place while you add the gasket and plate to the assembly. Some of our technicians use the nutring glue to make assembly easier, but it is not required.

My problems are apparently not really problems, Cheers