PDA

View Full Version : STL Region Race Results

brprok81
04-30-2007, 09:32 AM
Results from the StL Region Regional/National/IT Tour are posted on mylaps.

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=201410

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=201796

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=201802

Turkflyer
04-30-2007, 04:37 PM
The racing was great....the entire event went well. I enjoyed the good, clean racing with everyone.

BlueStreak
04-30-2007, 04:44 PM
Agreed - lots of courteous drivers - and man are those ITE cars quick from my ITB point of view :blink: :unsure: and the ITB car that won and LAPPED me (I finished second in ITB) wasn't exactly slow either :o

I had a great time running at a new track and meeting new people. From my perspective, it was an extremely well run event.

Thanks to all who worked so hard to put it on :happy204:

Eagle7
04-30-2007, 05:20 PM
Wow, two great race finishes Saturday (S & A). :happy204:

We need stories.

mcgyverit
05-01-2007, 02:00 PM
It certainly was a great weekend for racing.

Does anyone have video of the beginning of Saturday's race with the Vette coming back across the track sideways between 2 and 3a?

Or how about Sunday's race from the start into turn one and 2? I have a personal interest in this one, trying to see if I looked cool as I bailed out of turn one and used the Nascar T1 as a runoff area. :D

The ITB winner was parked next to me in the paddock, I got to watch him trying to get out of the tire wall on the outside of the carousel spinning tires and throwing dirt trying to get back on the track again. he ended up breaking a CV joint and could only coast around the track after that. Too bad there was only one lap left otherwise maybe someone could have cought him.

BlueStreak
05-01-2007, 03:06 PM
:mad1: If I could have stayed a little closer, I'd have had him - NOT. But at least I was able to unlap myself after he spun.

I do have in-car of the vette struggling back toward the track on Sat, but my camera was still pointed down 1 when he went off.

I saw your rather graceful shot into Nascar1, and I must say it was a very smart move. Scared the crap out of me for a millisecond until I realized what you were doing, at first I thought you were going to bonzai in from the top of the banking and I was trying to figure out where that was going to put me when you got there :lol: :lol: :lol: !

I could have saved myself a couple grand in repairs if I had done the same in Nascar 4 at NSS last fall. :bash_1_:

Turkflyer
05-01-2007, 05:54 PM
That Vette coming back to the track in 2/3 really surprised me on the start.....looked like he was coming right at me against traffic. Traffic got by me and I spent a long time making it back. Sunday was much better for me.

mcgyverit
05-02-2007, 08:02 AM
BlueStreak,
that would still be good to see how everyone reacted. it happened so fast i would like to see it again if possible.

BlueStreak
05-02-2007, 09:23 AM
Steve,
Sorry, but the only video I got was Saturday's race. I forgot the mount for the camcorder, and the rig I came up with and tried during Saturday afternoon's race was shaking the camera more than the tape handler could tolerate. When I get the Saturday tape posted on youtube I'll send you a message.

Eddie

bldn10
05-02-2007, 10:44 AM
Marty, that .07 diff. was like a couple of feet. And closing! I had the pole but did not drive defensively and let Mark (BMW) get by; then I totally blew T2 and spotted him a 100 yards or so - not once but twice. There also was an ITE Vette that got between us and messed up our race a bit. No excuses - I just lost the race to the always-steady Mark. He was ahead by several lengths starting the final lap but I got up to him and got a better run off the final oval turn. I usually shift to 5th but wound it out in 4th in a side-by-side drag race to the finish.

We were having another good race Sun. until my window net fell down and I was black-flagged. :(

I have some video but have been unable to get it to work via e-mail - it shows up as a garbled text document. I'm using Movie Maker; any tips are appreciated. I'll see if I can post it on the IT You Tube site.