PDA

View Full Version : Pocono 2.5 Hour Enduro - Team Workers

PAFR7
04-29-2007, 10:13 PM
Have heard that a lot of Teams are opting out of the 2.5 Hour Pocono Enduro on May 12th because of Item 10 in the Supps that says each Team must provide a Worker. Apparently, this has been interpreted as a Corner Worker and that the Enduro Teams are going to staff all the Flag Stations for the race. I just wanted to let everyone know that this item was placed in the Supps so that we'd have extra people to staff the False Grid, Pit Lane, T&S and (if someone is experienced) out on track at one of the Stations. This was intended to create some flexibility for our Specialty Chiefs. We'll be asking a lot of our Volunteers this year - 8:30 AM Green Flag for the first Regional Practice and the day ends at 9-9:30 PM, with an 8:30 AM Green Flag on Sunday. A long, long day and a few extra people will from the Enduro Teams in a variety of rols will really help.

But, please don't let this prevent you from registering and coming to a GREAT event. If you can't find someone to come with you, there will be close to 150 entrants to our Regional that you might be able to ask to help out with the Enduro. And even if that doesn't work we'll figure out something. This race will be a whole new experience at Pocono - we're also installing the Temporary Lights at Turn 1, the T&S Lines, Devils Elbow, the Chicane area (even though we hope not to be running the Chicane), the middle of NASCAR 1, Pit In and along Pit Lane.

If you have any questions, feel free to give me a call. I'm the Race Chair for the event and will be glad to answer any questions that anyone has.

Dave Hofmann
NNJR Club Racing Chairman
Joe DeLuca and Linda Gronlund Freedom Races Race Chair
Poison Arrow Frog Racing
ITA #7

eprodrx7
04-30-2007, 09:13 AM
Dave,
I'm running the enduro alone. I have no problem with working but was not planning on bringing any crew. Can we work earlier in the day to fulfill our commitment?