PDA

View Full Version : Fuel in the oil

Weaver7
04-28-2007, 10:52 PM
Guys need some thoughts here today we changed the oil in RX-7 and found that there was gas mixed in the oil. :o When I say mixed there was quite a bit. Here is my take on this we have a preasure regulator installed on the car (13B) 2nd Gen. and just recently hooked up the vacum line going to the regulator. Once we installed the vacum line the preasure guages stays high for awhile before dropping off. Before the line was installed in would almost instantly fall off once we shut the car off. I believe what is happening since the preasure in the line is staying high I may have an injector that is "leaking down." Just would like your opinions on this 2 weeks until Poconos and I would hate to have something go wrong the first race of the year!

Thanks!
Bill Weaver
ITS RX-7 #63

Chris Wire
04-28-2007, 11:02 PM
You may be on the right track. The factory service manual has a test you can perform to confirm this. If I recall, even the OE setup maintains pressure for a few minutes prior to the pressure lessening.

I have seen many aftermarket FPRs intalled, but none that had the vacuum reference port hooked up.

C. Ludwig
04-29-2007, 12:53 AM
Leaky injectors happen. It's easy and cheap enough to have the tested and eliminate the variable. Too shut the engine down I always kill the pumps first and let the engine starve itself of fuel. Would help your situation if the injectors are the problem.

Weaver7
04-29-2007, 11:54 AM
Yes Chris that is what I have started doing let it starve itself to relieve the preasure. On the FPR the Vacum line is there to bring the preasure down at idle that is the only purpose it serves as far as I can tell.Idle it runs about 30 then as soon as you crack the throttle it goes up to 42....which is what I'm told the S4's setup should be at. It's easy enough to swap injectors and we have a new set so no problem there. Off to the first race :eclipsee_steering:

Thanks!
Bill Weaver
ITS RX-7 #63