PDA

View Full Version : Drivers window net

Campbell
04-26-2007, 11:04 AM
Wow, just saw that the drivers side window net must drop from the top - mine unhooks from the bottom. I was planning to run this weekend and am out of town for the next 2 days! yikes. Are there any quick and effective ways to set up a drop top window net?

My current system has a rod on top that the net hangs on, the bottom rod goes through the net and has a safety belt buckle welded on the end that mates with the male end welded on the roll bar. I don't have a welder.. thanks

loopracing
04-27-2007, 12:25 AM
I had that same delima. I took a strip of flexible sheet plastic ( like used for air dams) about 9 in. x 1 in. drilled a hole on either end. Fold in half so the holes line up and slide the rod through. put a small hose clamp on the rod to keep the strap from sliding on the rod. Now you can pull back on the strap and the rod will slide back and drop out of the hole in the bracket. This should be ok until you get a proper release buckle.

Greg Amy
04-27-2007, 07:21 AM
Cut the upper tubes/plates that the rod slips through into "hooks", with enough tension on the belts such that it'll stay in place.

Not optimal, and I'd look into replacing it later, but good enough to get you through the weekend. - GA

Campbell
04-27-2007, 07:58 AM
Thanks guys, I will give it a try when I get home tonight!

JimLill
04-27-2007, 09:29 AM
Muffler clamps can also be the basis of temp hooks given you have no welder

dick elliott
04-27-2007, 10:08 AM
Do like the X-19 driver at the run offs 30 or so years ago. Paint it on the inside of the drivers window.

racer_tim
04-27-2007, 12:50 PM
I think that same X-1/9 driver when they were forced to run WITHOUT the top on, attached it, and painted

REAR MIRROR on it.

Tech / Stewards weren't amused

I also had to do the same thing on my Wabbit. I just got a longer top "bar" and mounted it with some springs so it will slide in and out of the existing attaching "tabs"

I left the bottom seat belt type fastener attached, so now it releases from both top and bottom.

I really think this is a stupid rule, since if your upside down, don't you want to get out as fast as possible, and now that it's attached at the bottom, you've just reversed the entire problem.

Oh well.