PDA

View Full Version : Setup Shops - Hampstead MD or Baltimore?

Ron Earp
04-23-2007, 08:56 PM
I've a buddy with a GT40 that he's finishing up that needs to be corner weighted, height set, and aligned. It is a full heim joint suspension with coilovers at all four corners so evreything is easily adjustable. Do any of you guys in the MD area know of a shop that could handle this for him? He lives in Hampstead MD, about 40 miles from Baltimore. I don't know the area so a contact/shop with phone or email would be helpful. Thanks much,

Ron

Ron Earp
04-24-2007, 07:14 AM
Any of you guys in the Baltimore area have a race shop you use for alignement/corner weighting?

R

JamesB
04-24-2007, 09:05 AM
Maybe give York Automotive a call, hes near frederick. Not sure of who else up in that area might do work like that. He can also give a call to NGP Racing in aberdeen and see who they know. I will ask around and see who has scales and the skills in the area.

tom_sprecher
04-25-2007, 10:56 AM
Scaling and aligning a car with fully adjustable suspension is a rather easy task once you know how to do it. A set of toe gauges makes life a little easier but I've done it (and occasionally still do) with string, jack stands and a ruler. If you know someone with a caster/camber gauge (which you should have) and a set of scales you're halfway there.

Carroll Smith's Prepare To Win covers alignment in depth (along with a lot of other info we all should have memorized) and with corner weighting on a non-symetrical car is really all about the cross weight %.

I've never Goggled it but there is probably a ton of info out there as well.