PDA

View Full Version : Pocono Twilight Enduro

PAFR7
04-19-2007, 08:10 PM
Be sure to take a look at the "Twilight" Enduro at Pocono as part of the Joe DeLuca and Linda Gronlund Freedom Races Weekend hosted by NNJR on May 12th. This race will be 2.5 Hours and is scheduled to go green at 6:30 PM. Temporary Lights will be used for Turn 1 (the entry to the in-field), Devils Elbow, the Chicane (if we use it), NASCAR 1 and Pit Lane. We also have a very nice $$$ Prize set up if 50 or more cars start the race (check out the Supps on the NESCCA Site - Item #5 in the Enduro Supps). We'll also be running a separate Enduro Qualifying session on Saturday afternoon so the start will be a little more "Orderly". This ought to be a lot of fun - and the schedule provides a great way to tune up with some after dark racing if you're planning any of the big 12 Hour, 13 Hour or 24 Hour races coming up later in the year. If you have any questions, I'm the Race Chair for the event - please give me a call or drop me an email. Dave Hofmann - 609.978.1870. So far only 4 teams have registered. Let's get a bunch of cars and have a great time - Big post race party in the garage too.

Tom Blaney
04-20-2007, 06:54 AM
Come on folks .. only 4 entries so far, Pocono is a MANLY TRACK, real speeds, real drafting, and now throw in a little darkness. What more could you ask for.

Finish well or even win this baby, and your Mother will remember she raised a MAN. Not once of those "oh your going racing again ... well that's nice ... be careful" weekends. And with all of that adrenelin left over and a fist full of roses next year you might be a Dad......

jjjanos
04-20-2007, 09:21 AM
Come on folks .. only 4 entries so far, Pocono is a MANLY TRACK, real speeds, real drafting, and now throw in a little darkness. What more could you ask for.
[/b]

Something that doesn't conflict with a MARRS weekend at VIR?

StephenB
04-20-2007, 12:11 PM
I wish I had known about this sooner! This sounds awesome! Unfourtunatly I can't attend due to funds and repairs still left from last year :bash_1_: If you guys/girls plan on running this again next year advertise early and I will make it part of my plans! I really would love to go, this sounds like one of the best enduros around, and yes I Love Pocono it certainly takes some guts to go fast especially in turn 1 just in the daylight :)

Stephen

theracinglawyer
04-21-2007, 05:57 PM
I HAVE DECIDED TO PUT SOME $$ UP FOR THE ENDURO. THE RULES WILL BE EASY. START THE ENDURO,AND THEN FROM A BLIND DRAW THERE WILL BE WINNERS CHOSEN. COLLECT YOUR MONEY. I THINK MARC IS GOING TO WANT ME TO AWARD MONEY TO THOSE WHO HAVE A PLANET MIATA LICENSE PLATE ON THE BACK OF YOUR CAR IN THE NORMAL PLACE. SO THAT WILL ALSO BE ONE OF THE REQUIREMENTS TO BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN THE $$ :eclipsee_steering:

RSTPerformance
05-13-2007, 08:35 PM
How did the Enduro go???

Raymond "Wish I was in it" Blethen

Doc Bro
05-13-2007, 09:44 PM
Rained the whole race. Looked clean, Blue e46 BMW won it (I think). Looked like Turner's car from the run off's. Dark and wet....give those boy's big props!!

R

DaveITB1
05-13-2007, 11:38 PM
Top 10 of 18 finishers
2 DNS's

1. #3 SM D. Lendrum (73 laps)
2. #69 SM R. Picut / J. Weisberg (73)
3. #98 SM C. Campbell (72)
4. #62 SM K. Lendrum / J. Lendrum (72)
5. #1 SSM W. Scheeren / W. Scheeren (71)
6. #00 T2 Schultz / Schultz (71) - Blue BMW (ex-Turner car)
7. #77 SM J. Iannuzzo / L. O'Boyle (70)
8. #13 SM M. Johnson / M. Rossini (70)
9. #17 ITB D. Austin / R. Smart (70)
10. #08 ITA M. Cefalo (70)