PDA

View Full Version : Happier things: 20 ITS cars at Roebling

JeffYoung
04-18-2007, 11:22 AM
Over 20 ITA cars as well I believe, and full B and C fields. Man, sure looks like what the ITAC did with teh rules brought a lot of old cars back out, and new cars/drivers to the SCCA.

We've had three regionals this year in North/South Carolina/Georgia and ALL have been extraordinarily well attended. Great stuff.

SPiFF
04-22-2007, 04:01 PM
:bash_1_:

man ... I wish I could have made CMP and RR!!! 18-20 S-cars. Just awesome!!

Looks like the memorial monster will be my first race for the year. Hope the fields hold up through the year!!

Ron Earp
04-22-2007, 04:58 PM
It really does look like A and S are quite healthy. When I started attending races in 04 as crew man I never saw large fields. Five S cars here, 7 S cars there, etc. But I showed up after the 325 issue. Now that the cars have been reclassed, weight fixed (my 260 was one that was corrected to match the process) as well as some others things fixed it appears lots of folks are coming out to race. Fantastic!

mattbatson
04-28-2007, 04:38 PM
Unable to make the race due to a health problem in the family....

Any updates on how saturday went? Can someone post up placings of the different IT classes?

seckerich
04-29-2007, 09:20 AM
Saturday results are on mylaps. ITS has Williams, Flynn, and Thompson. www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=201023

Andy Bettencourt
04-29-2007, 09:53 AM
What car was Kip in - 944S or Miata? Track record? Looks like he started from the back...

JeffYoung
04-29-2007, 10:18 AM
Miata. Qual ws DQ'ed due to sound violation.

mattbatson
04-29-2007, 12:22 PM
Wow, crapload of IT cars!

10 ITB (would have been 11), 8 ITC's...and huge turnout in ITA and ITS...

Looks like it's a great time to be in IT!

I sure hope this trend of huge IT fields continues...
Disappointed that I had to miss this one...but I'll be at VIR.

Looks like spec pinata hasnt taken all of the drivers yet....I had honestly been planning on getting into crash pinata at some point because of the competition. But, if the IT fields stay big like this, I may just change my mind and stay!

jmark
05-01-2007, 07:00 AM
Congrats to John Williams & his Z! :happy204:

chuck baader
05-01-2007, 09:45 AM
Jeff, sorry I did not get a chance to look you up over the weekend....how did the green monster run? CB

Jeff, sorry I did not get a chance to look you up over the weekend....how did the green monster run? CB

Parrish57
05-01-2007, 09:53 AM
Congrats to John Williams & his Z! :happy204:
[/b]

I'll second that! A Zcar sweep of the weekend.

JeffYoung
05-02-2007, 12:21 AM
Chuck, sorry I missed you too. Your car looked great, and fast.

We had issues. The Z blew a motor, rings we think. The 8 ran fine on the test day but had a vibration that was scaring me some in Turn 3 and 8-9, the high speed stuff. Trying to sort that before VIR. But the big issue was heat. I hung some brake ducts in the wrong place and cut some air to the radiator. I then spent the first four laps of the race tucked up under other folks on the front straight and the car got up to 235. I had to pull in. Frustrating weekend.

When are you out next? VIR? CMP? Barber?

I have a trial set for the week of Barber. I REALLY hope that one settles.

chuck baader
05-02-2007, 09:00 AM
Actually my next race will be back at RR with NASA in a couple of weeks. Then I will run Barber (15min from the house :026: )

Will definitely look you up at Barber...CB