PDA

View Full Version : Who's running Gateway April 28-29?

BlueStreak
04-13-2007, 02:19 PM
The car is beginning to look like it might be ready, so I thought I'd check and see who all is planning on going :eclipsee_steering:

anrkii
04-14-2007, 02:42 AM
I wish... Motor is still broke.

bldn10
04-14-2007, 10:45 AM
I'll be there.

I had planned on Hallett this weekend but the weather kept me home. From the looks of it Group 1 went out this morning on a wet track at 35 degrees and a 17 mph headwind on the front straight. Brrrr.

BlueStreak
04-14-2007, 10:04 PM
Hey Bill!
Don't know if you remember me or not - used to have a blue RX3 that threw a driveshaft through the floorboard at the end of the front straight at Memphis a few years ago.....hope to see you there.

Turkflyer
04-16-2007, 04:10 PM
Hallett was "interesting". Lots of people off the track, plus slow times. I'm planning on STL in 2 weeks. Maybe I'll thaw out by then. Got to repair some damage from my "Agricultural Expedition" into the tire wall at 10.

Gary L
04-16-2007, 05:07 PM
Hallett was "interesting". Lots of people off the track, plus slow times.[/b]

I remember seeing you in the tire wall on Saturday... T10 and the braking zone thereto was really really slick that day! Seemed like it was nearly back to normal on Sunday though,at least during the race. I think someone oiled it down again in one of the later races, though.

Not sure I can agree that the times were all that slow, at least in the race itself; I turned a new ITB lap record on Sunday, and several other class records were broken as well. Four of those new records I would consider meaningful (ITB, SM, SSC, CSR), as they were done in well-established classes. The rest were done in relatively "new" classes, IIRC.

Having said all that, the track was still a little green on Sunday after all the rain, so it will probably get quicker before the year is out. If temperatures don't get stupidly hot during the June race weekend, I predict some more lap records could fall.

Turkflyer
04-16-2007, 05:45 PM
I agree...you did a great job getting the new lap record. Sunday's race was the first time to actually see what the car handled like. Congrats!

Gary L
04-16-2007, 06:18 PM
Sunday's race was the first time to actually see what the car handled like.[/b]

Couldn't agree more... we scratched our heads and actually contemplated some significant tire pressure changes for the Sunday race, based on the fact the car felt really loose all day Saturday and during the qual session on Sunday. Finally decided to leave it alone, and I'm glad we did... with the exception of some oversteer in turn two (2nd gear), the car was on rails. Unfortunately, just about the time the tires were getting decently warmed up during the race, the engine went off song a bit, due to a broken header tube on the #3 cylinder; otherwise, I honestly think we'd have been in the 1:31's.

BTW, was I the only one to suffer decompression sickness when being passed by those two ITE 944 Turbo's? :D

Turkflyer
04-16-2007, 08:31 PM
I talked to Andy in the #86 Porsche. Whenever I see him coming, I give him the line as much as possible. Not that he needs it....seems he can make a line most anywhere he likes. Great driver with good equipment. The other Porsche is getting better at chasing Andy. I saw him hit the weeds right in front of me during Saturday's qualifying, so he was a little skitish too. I was following your blue Volvo, and saw you having traction problems in the wet. You did very well to keep the control. Looking forward to racing with you again.

ishod
04-17-2007, 12:04 AM
I'm planning on being there. #33 IT7, Ozark Mountain Region SCCA. Does anyone know if there will be a test day on Friday?

Scott Goble

Speed Raycer
04-17-2007, 12:31 AM
Scott,

Best bet is to call the track and talk to Dan Harmon. The track runs the test days. There's usually a test day unless it's just a torential (sp) downpour.

I'm hoping the T&T is a go. I'm hoping to work some bugs out of the IT7 before it actually sees the track again, but not planning on racing that weekend.

BlueStreak
04-17-2007, 09:18 AM
How is St.Louis on brakes? Although we have the car reassembled, we haven't gotten around to building a replacement front air dam and brake cooling ducts, and I'm not sure I'm going to have a chance between now and the race. I've looked at some in car video and it looks like I might get away without brake cooling at St.Louis. Opinions?

tnord
04-17-2007, 09:30 AM
schedule on the MiDiv website indicates there will be a test day, but it's probably still best to call.

i don't think brakes at St. Louis are really an issue. I think you're really only hard on them once a lap into T1.

Speed Raycer
04-17-2007, 09:42 AM
If you're crunched for time, just get an extra set of pads & bed them in on Friday. I don't think that GIR is particularly hard on brakes since you're only really on them for T2, the carosel a little & T7. However, if you've got a car that's notoriously rough on rotors you might want to think about some ducting. Brake fade in 2 wouldn't be good ;)

I'm surprised the track day info is on the midiv calendar since it's up to GIR if they run it or not. It's completely their day.

ishod
04-17-2007, 10:04 AM
Scott,

If you're around on Sat or Sun please look me up. I'm interested in having you fit my cage with a Nascar door bar(s). If I don't see you I'll call you after.

BTW, I mistakenly noted my car number as 33 in my original reply but it's actually 03.

Thanks,
Scott Goble
#03 IT7