PDA

View Full Version : Fuel/ignition expertise

tbtapper
04-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Hey gang, I need a referal(s) to someone in the Atlanta to Charlotte corridor who knows GenII Rx7 set ups.

I'm having a misfire issue and I don't possess the expertise to really track down the source.

I'm not looking for any huge power improvement I just need to get what she's got out of the turns.

At CMP anywhere I needed to pull from about 5k I had a miss or stumble through 6k and then it would pull ok to 8k.

Apparently I have a mix of 89 intake manifold/rotors/housings and older electronics.

This same car has, on occasion produced 45's at RA (I'm a sissy so it could probably do even better) so it can run when all is well.

Appreciate any recomendations you may have.

Travers
ITS 19

CaptainWho
04-12-2007, 04:07 PM
Travers, you might want to give the folks at OPM a call. I think they support a couple of ITS Gen2 RX-7s, in particular "Susie Q's" car. (Sorry, I don't know her actual name).

Hotshoe
04-15-2007, 06:28 PM
Hey gang, I need a referal(s) to someone in the Atlanta to Charlotte corridor who knows GenII Rx7 set ups.
Appreciate any recomendations you may have.
Travers
[/b]

Travers,

.... Best guy I know for the job is my engine builder Estus White. He is the owner of E Speed in Charlotte, NC.
.... Phone # 704-933-4446

tbtapper
04-16-2007, 09:19 AM
Thanks guys (Steve, Doug and Ricky) for the referals. I've spoken with a couple already and have started the triage already.

General consensus is that this will be a difficult items to pin point but we'll get there.

Thanks

TT

Weaver7
04-16-2007, 11:31 PM
Travers,

.... Best guy I know for the job is my engine builder Estus White. He is the owner of E Speed in Charlotte, NC.
.... Phone # 704-933-4446
[/b]

Hotshoe my in-laws live Concord and a couple years ago while visiting I stumbled across his shop in amazment I must say. I saw a bunch of ITS/ITA Rx-7's around the shop. Unfortunatley it was Memorial day and the guy at the shop (which at that time) was on Turkey Hill road in Concord said he was at an event. Looked like a very nice then. Do you have Directions from Concord to his place? If not I'll give him a call.

Hotshoe
04-17-2007, 08:53 PM
Hotshoe my in-laws live Concord and a couple years ago while visiting I stumbled across his shop in amazment I must say. I saw a bunch of ITS/ITA Rx-7's around the shop. Unfortunatley it was Memorial day and the guy at the shop (which at that time) was on Turkey Hill road in Concord said he was at an event. Looked like a very nice then. Do you have Directions from Concord to his place? If not I'll give him a call.
[/b]

WJ,

..... Here is his web address : www.e-speedracing.com

..... He has a lot to offer and does excellent work.

..... Be sure to check out the picture of my 83 RX7 # 99 IT7

..... She still looks good but my racing suit isn't baggy anymore ....... lol

..... Rickey