PDA

View Full Version : I need a carb intake for a VW

msogren
04-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Hi all,
Does anyone have a carb intake manifold for the rabbit or dasher?? The parts keep showing up for a round pounder Jetta and we are allowed a Holley 2bbl . I need one badly to get this car running. Thanks, Mike Ogren [email protected]

JohnRW
04-12-2007, 03:47 PM
I think Kurt's got one hanging on the wall in his shop...but it's for a pair of sidedraft Webers/Mikuni's.

I thought you always said "I hate carbs...nobody needs another hobby" ??!?!?!

flaboy
04-12-2007, 03:58 PM
I think i might have one in my garage....i'll check over the weekend and get back to ya.

Tim

msogren
04-12-2007, 10:38 PM
I do hate carbs, but the Holley 350 is faster,and the D fant shuts off at 6500. I need it to run a bit more than that. Like 7500.
The cage came from you, the seat from Jeff Bern, the pistons, oil tray/ trap door pan, from Mikes car.
My engine machine guy has a set of side drafts for a BMW, 4cyl. manifold, 300$. "need cleaning".
British "racecars" are hobbies.
Mike ogren

Bill Miller
04-13-2007, 06:08 AM
I've got one that I'd sell you.

JohnRW
04-13-2007, 09:57 AM
I do hate carbs, but the Holley 350 is faster,and the D fant shuts off at 6500. I need it to run a bit more than that. Like 7500. [/b]

Seems to me that a certain black car in your past would still be pullling at 7500....but that was with hot-wired CIS....

The cage came from you, the seat from Jeff Bern, the pistons, oil tray/ trap door pan, from Mikes car.
My engine machine guy has a set of side drafts for a BMW, 4cyl. manifold, 300$. "need cleaning".
British "racecars" are hobbies. [/b]

...which explains the E-type Jigglewire and the TEEVEEARE in your backyard. Is this Jetta for you or for the kid ? Gotta call Jeffy...gotta hunt down some old Vette parts...

JimLill
04-13-2007, 06:32 PM
maybe an adaption of this:

http://www.carburetion.com/weber/webernumb...t_Nbr=99004.402 (http://www.carburetion.com/weber/webernumber.asp?Kit_Nbr=99004.402)

msogren
04-13-2007, 10:06 PM
Bill Miller, Single carb, stock, intake manifold needed.
How much? E me at [email protected]
Thanks. I assume that you have the proper references?? HAHA,. Mike Ogren
Give a fair price and address and I'll send you some cash, or MO.

FWIW I took a pic of the reflection of the Jag in the door of the 57 Porsche. I'll send you a copy, maybe.
This car is for the kid, after I check it out and loosen/ crispen , it up for him...
Peace.

JohnRW
04-13-2007, 11:11 PM
This car is for the kid, after I check it out and loosen/ crispen , it up for him...

[/b]

I'll call him and instruct him on the 'proper' adjustment of brake bias for YOUR time in the car. That should 'crispen' it up a bit....

Bill Miller
04-14-2007, 06:22 AM
Bill Miller, Single carb, stock, intake manifold needed.
How much? E me at [email protected]
Thanks. I assume that you have the proper references?? HAHA,. Mike Ogren
Give a fair price and address and I'll send you some cash, or MO.

FWIW I took a pic of the reflection of the Jag in the door of the 57 Porsche. I'll send you a copy, maybe.
Peace.
[/b]

Email sent.

mazda49
04-17-2007, 08:47 AM
I have several intake manifolds for the rabbit......dasher......etc.....let me know if you want one....plus a ton of other Rabbit parts....motors, trans, axles.....etc..