PDA

View Full Version : Oil & Water temp Pickup Points

tdw6974
04-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Having purchased some basic Data acq. Equipment I looking for pickup points for Oil Temp and Water temp sensors. The old fashioned mechanical pickups will remain intact. In the oil pan are 2 factory senders which we are not using wonder if anyone has used one of these for oil temp pick up? And on the block itself how about a place for a water temp sensor. Thanks T weaver :eclipsee_steering:

ddewhurst
04-11-2007, 03:38 PM
Tom, very interesting subjects from my logic. Some people may question "my logic".

Most info I read about oil temp pick up people do at the adaptor block which gets mounted below the OEM oil filter. This temp pickup location don't quite sink in with my logic. Let's us a number of 220* max for a rotary motor. Is this 220* in the oil pan or after the oil has traveled through an oil cooler to the adaptor block below the oil filter? With my 12A I removed the oil level sensor in the pan, made an alum adaptor & inserted the Auto Meter mechanical probe.

With the water temp I use the Auto Meter mechanical inserted (might be with metric/inch adaptor) in the OEM taped hole behind the thermostat. Another water temp pickup position can be adding a adaptor in the top radiator hose. See ISC RACING stuff.

Oil pressure is again an Auto Meter gauge with metric/inch adaptor using the OEM pickup location.

My logic likes REAL/MAX numbers....................... :023:

April 11th my a$$. We have received 4 inches of the white $hit since 10:00 a.m. today. No dam wonder our season starts in May. :snow_cool:

mbuskuhl
04-11-2007, 05:20 PM
My 2nd Gen..

-Oil temp is in ISC modified pan
-Oil pressure in stock location
-Water temp in top radiator hose with an adapter from Flatout
-F/P gauge on hood from F/P regulator

All Autometer mechanical gauges with warning sensors/lights on the water and pressure...