PDA

View Full Version : ORP (IRP) Double Regional May 5-6, 2007

Racerlinn
04-11-2007, 10:53 AM
Entry forms and supps available at:
http://www.indyscca.org/RaceFiles/2007RaceSchedule.htm
http://www.indyscca.org/RaceFiles/entries/...ntry%20Form.pdf (http://www.indyscca.org/RaceFiles/entries/2007/2007%20Spring%20Sprints%20Entry%20Form.pdf)

Beware of construction on I-70 for those of you coming from the east:
http://www.in.gov/dot/div/projects/i70/index.html

If the IT guys want to petition the race chairman to allow an IT group into the "Spec Challenge" specialty race on Saturday, I'd suggest you make your views known. Even the SRF guys have asked why there are no IT cars....
His email is on the entry form.

LOOKING FOR PDX INSTRUCTORS!

Integrated into our race weekend, we will be having a Level 1 PDX run group as well and I am looking for Nationally licensed drivers that would like to help out as PDX instructors. The PDX will have 4 sessions throughout the weekend as Group 6. On Saturday, they will run after Group 5 in the morning and afternoon. On Sunday, they will run as the first group of the day before Group 1 and again as the first group in the afternoon (possibly before lunch). Our student to instructor ratio is 1:1, so you will be responsible for only one student for the weekend. I will have a brief instructors meeting at around 8:30am on Saturday morning, then we will meet again at lunch Saturday (food provided), and also periodically through out each day as warranted by either the student, instructor, or myself. I'll even buy you a beer on Saturday night.
Why should you do this?
Because PDX is fast becoming the pool in which SCCA will gain new club racers as well as corner workers(!!). We need to host and educate these folks and bring them into the club race fold. And since we cannot offer extra track time for instructors (as is common in other PDX programs), the Indy Region will offer up a $50 coupon that is redeemable for a future Indy Region club race entry during the 2007 season.
If you have any interest or comments, please feel free to contact me directly at racerlinn <at> sbcglobal <dot> net.

trd77
04-16-2007, 07:52 PM
Steve,

Let me know if you will still need people. I might be able to help

Racerlinn
04-18-2007, 11:34 AM
I&#39;ll put you on the list. I&#39;ll contact you with specifics as we get closer to the weekend.

trd77
05-01-2007, 07:09 AM
steve, how do the entries look for this weekend?

Racerlinn
05-01-2007, 12:37 PM
My guess is we will be about the same as last year - 100 cars.

Before anyone asks, no, I do not have an entry list, nor do I expect to receive one in a timely manner to post up here. Sorry.

But look at this weather forecast!

Friday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 72.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 53.

Saturday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 73.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 55.

Sunday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 77.

R2 Racing
05-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Damnit Steve, you just jinxed it! :bash_1_:

I need to go buy some Margarita supplies. :birra:

iagreen
05-02-2007, 10:29 AM
As long as we bring our rain tires it will veto Steve&#39;s jinx.

Racerlinn
05-02-2007, 10:51 AM
As long as we bring our rain tires it will veto Steve&#39;s jinx.
[/b]

Don&#39;t worry, be happy :)
I&#39;m bringing mine.

Friday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 70. East wind around 10 mph.
Friday Night: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54.
Saturday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 74.
Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 56.
Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 77.

At least Ruck won&#39;t be sweating gravy. :OLA:
Anyone hear if Lunder was coming?

R2 Racing
05-02-2007, 11:52 AM
At least Ruck won&#39;t be sweating gravy. :OLA:

Anyone hear if Lunder was coming?
[/b]
I hate you.

You aren&#39;t up to date on the "Lunder - 2007 Season" saga?

Racerlinn
05-02-2007, 12:34 PM
I hate you.
You aren&#39;t up to date on the "Lunder - 2007 Season" saga?
[/b]

Oh, you love me, who else is gonna blow you grief other than Amy?

I didn&#39;t realize there was a "saga" occuring. I haven&#39;t talked to him since I bought some wheels from him a couple months ago. No longer racing?

Racerlinn
05-03-2007, 09:44 AM
Friday: A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 72. East southeast wind between 9 and 11 mph. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Friday Night: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 56. Southeast wind between 8 and 11 mph.

Saturday: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 74. East southeast wind between 7 and 9 mph.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 54.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 76.

R2 Racing
05-03-2007, 11:57 AM
I didn&#39;t realize there was a "saga" occuring. I haven&#39;t talked to him since I bought some wheels from him a couple months ago. No longer racing?
[/b]
Well, he thought he&#39;d try his hand at the new Honda Challenge H2 rules, so he joined NASA, went to the Mid Ohio event a couple weeks ago, and dropped a valve in Saturday morning qualifying. Engine go bye-bye. Upon getting back home after that, he learned that his request to classify the &#39;92-95 Civic Si into limited prep GProd went through. So, I guess he&#39;s now building his car for that. Unfortunately I doubt we&#39;ll be seeing him an any ITA capacity anymore. I guess the class was too slow. :wacko: