FDOMB
04-10-2007, 05:01 PM
How about that Storm?

Greg Amy
04-10-2007, 05:56 PM
???

lateapex911
04-10-2007, 07:11 PM
yea, snow in April IS very unusual here....

or...????

(there has been 1 Geo that has done very well here in NE when he shows up, but it's such an isolated case, it's hard to know if it's the real deal...is that what you were asking?)

RSTPerformance
04-10-2007, 09:05 PM
yea, snow in April IS very unusual here....

or...????

(there has been 1 Geo that has done very well here in NE when he shows up, but it's such an isolated case, it's hard to know if it's the real deal...is that what you were asking?)
[/b]

I don't remember this car in the NE Jake, can you recal the last race and whom has it? Maybe a picture???

Raymond "Waiting for the snow on Thursday!!!" Blethen

924Guy
04-11-2007, 08:39 AM
I've seen data from a half-developed ITB Prism that's local (and for sale, BTW)... it needs a true race suspension (higher rates, bushings, real shocks) but from what I've seen already, it'll be a terror! I'm glad the current driver is selling it and moving to ITS! Even with a stock old motor, it's got my number no problem.

Not sure how the Storm relates...

AE86ITA
04-11-2007, 12:21 PM
Well AFAIK:

The 1990 GEO Prism is nothing more than a 4DR Corolla with the 1990-91 GTS 4AG motor and Tranny but better brakes and heavier. As with every other 4AG powered car is where it belongs... ITB

The Storm on the other hand is nothing more than a 90-93 FWD Isuzu Impulse "Handling by Lotus". Nice handling car. Chech ISUZONE (http://www.isuzone.org)

1990-1992 Isuzu Impulse: Highlights

Introduced in late spring of 1990, the new front-drive Impulse replaced Isuzu's previous rear-drive model of the same name. The sporty 2+2 hatchback shared its front-drive chassis, and one of its engines, with the subcompact Isuzu Stylus sedan. At this time, Isuzu was partly owned by General Motors. A similar sport coupe, called the Geo Storm, went to Chevrolet dealers. A driver's airbag was standard on both the base XS and the high-performance RS coupe. Standard equipment in the XS includes a sport suspension tuned by Lotus (the British sports-car maker, also owned by GM), 4-wheel disc brakes, power steering, and 185/60HR14. The 1.6-liter, dual-overhead-cam XS four-cylinder engine produced 125 horsepower and came with either a 5-speed manual or 4 speed automatic transmission. A 160-horsepower turbocharged engine went into the RS coupe, which had permanently engaged 4-wheel drive instead of front drive. The RS came only with 5-speed manual shift.

Year-to-Year Changes
1991 Isuzu Impulse: An extended-roof hatchback coupe, with Kammback-like rear styling, joined the original model this year. Antilock braking was optional on the RS edition.

1992 Isuzu Impulse: A more-powerful engine went into this year's Impulse coupes and hatchbacks. The XS edition got a dual-cam, 1.8-liter 4-cylinder that produced 140 horsepower. It replaced the former 130-horsepower, 1.6-liter powerplant. As before, the RS featured a turbocharged version of the 1.6-liter, rated at 160 horsepower. Otherwise, little changed in what would be the model's final season. The similar Geo Storm continued into the 1993 model year.

Thanks,

Efrain

mattbatson
04-11-2007, 04:12 PM
Sounds like it's got an ITA motor! :D

I've looked at these too in the past, and always thought they could do well in the class...

Parts could be an issue...

lateapex911
04-13-2007, 05:26 PM
I don't remember this car in the NE Jake, can you recal the last race and whom has it? Maybe a picture???

Raymond "Waiting for the snow on Thursday!!!" Blethen [/b]

Ummm...nevermind.
Duh....
Sheesh...
I was thinking of McMahons car..which is a ..
Suzuki, right?

Kinda looks like a Geo, but isn't even close.

Sorry!