PDA

View Full Version : Interesting road signs

pballance
04-09-2007, 02:56 PM
I thought I would throw a couple of road signs I have seen for you guys to enjoy.

just think about this one.

ddewhurst
04-09-2007, 03:11 PM
I had a photo of a road sign that I took but lost track of the photo. It was a yellow diagonal dept of Wisconsin sign that said "Dead End" with a cemetery in the background.

I have another photo of ONE sign in front of a church with the names of two churches, St. Johns Catholic Church/Pligram Luthern Church.

evanwebb
04-20-2007, 04:10 PM
There was a great P.S. in the back of Road & Track a long time ago that showed a signpost with four different highway markers, all going in the same direction, except that one was a highway east, one north, one west, and one south :rolleyes:

JeffW
04-20-2007, 07:25 PM
Drove through a town on Gay Street. I remember the cross-streets being: Princess, Duchess, Garden. I think there may have even been a Queen in the mix. Gay & Queen, Gay & Princess, Gay & Duchess, Gay & Garden. "Not that there's anything wrong with that." But had to chuckle as I drove.

924Guy
04-23-2007, 09:23 AM
Well, of course, here in the Motor City we've got one that's hard to beat on I75 in Troy - Exit 69 Big Beaver

:023:

CDS
04-23-2007, 11:45 AM
Well, there's the new interstate they are building thru north Mississippi: I-69.

MMiskoe
04-23-2007, 10:48 PM
There was a great P.S. in the back of Road & Track a long time ago that showed a signpost with four different highway markers, all going in the same direction, except that one was a highway east, one north, one west, and one south [/b]

If memory serves you can be on Rte 93 south, 128 north, 95 North while you drive west in Mass.

At the local state hospital campus there's a sign saying "education" pointing left, while the next one below it points right for "exit".

lateapex911
04-24-2007, 07:26 AM
Ahhhhhhhhh....

I remember when I ventured out to Cape Cod as a 16 year old....and it was time to head home...I knew I needed to go south...and I knew I WAS going south...but the signs kept saying "Route 28 North". WTF???

(I know, I know, 2/3 of the route actually is a North south route and is accurately signed...but the other third is VERY confusing to someone who merely uses a compass and logic, as opposed to idiotic Massachusets navigational rules...)

;)

RacerBill
04-24-2007, 07:27 AM
If you travel on I44, about half way between Ft. Leonard Wood and St. Louis there is a large water tower on the north side of the interstate with the name of the town painted in real tall letters - BOURBON!

StephF
04-24-2007, 10:12 AM
:024: A couple years ago the local Agway had on their sign , "Welcome home __ th reserve", who had just returned from deployment in Iraq. Underneath, in equal size letters, was "Pansies are here"!! :happy204:

Somewhere we have a photo of it!

RacerBill
04-24-2007, 12:34 PM
Then there's the sign outside a church in Columbus a few years back.

"Do you know what Hell is like? Come hear Pastor Smith this Sunday!"

My crew chief made me get pictures of that one - before digital cameras.

pballance
04-24-2007, 04:57 PM
Ok so I will add another one. WHat kind of roadway is this............

CaptainWho
04-24-2007, 05:06 PM
THis thread is nothing w/o pictures :026: :bash_1_: :bash_1_:

[/b]

Drag strip ... that's the run off pit. :D

pballance
04-24-2007, 07:01 PM
Drag strip ... that's the run off pit. :D
[/b]

Actually I think it means Rallyx ahead :rolleyes: :happy204: BTW this sign was from Virginia as well and the roadway surface changed from asphalt to pea gravel. It leads to a trail crossing of the Appalachian Trail

ddewhurst
04-24-2007, 07:18 PM
***THis thread is nothing w/o pictures :026: :bash_1_: :bash_1_: ***

Ok, because of the sensitivity training I have received I am not allowed to say things like some people need pictures to obtain a clear understanding. I didn't say it towards you I told you what I'm not allowed to say. :o

pballance
04-24-2007, 07:33 PM
I hope I am reading the sarcasm in your post Dave, I am sorry if I offended anyone :D :birra: and post edited

ddewhurst
04-25-2007, 08:00 AM
Sometimes I feel the need. Not offended, all with a big :D

RacerBill
04-25-2007, 08:08 AM
[/b]

They ran out of money for pavement!!!!!!!!!

ryotko
04-25-2007, 11:13 AM
Ahhhhhhhhh....

I remember when I ventured out to Cape Cod as a 16 year old....and it was time to head home...I knew I needed to go south...and I knew I WAS going south...but the signs kept saying "Route 28 North". WTF???

(I know, I know, 2/3 of the route actually is a North south route and is accurately signed...but the other third is VERY confusing to someone who merely uses a compass and logic, as opposed to idiotic Massachusets navigational rules...)

;)
[/b]

In Doylestown, PA, routes 611 North and 202 South share the same lanes. So as you're driving North on 611 you are also going South on 202. At lease according to the signs. The best part is, most people don't see this as odd.

-Bob