PDA

View Full Version : MARRS 1

JamesB
04-09-2007, 12:52 PM
Well I am finally registered and almost ready to go. After a near 3 month episode of a 'comedy of errors' as a friend put it, I finally have all my cars working and most importantly the Golf is ready for the 2007 season. I am happy to say that I am surprised I still have the meticulous care to rebuilt my own motors, but it helps when even your replacement pistons are exactly the same gram weight of your old one thus not throwing off the balence of the bottom end.

I did cheat and had a machinist look over my clearance numbers and answered more questions then I think anyone in the world could handle. Ontop of that some local racers gave me a great hand and I want to thank Evan Webb, Matt Yip, Dave Fitzgerald and my crew member John Scofield. Without them helping I dont think I could have done the work. I also need to throw a bit thanks out to Bildon Motorsport as they fielded many orders from me as I found new surprises in rebuilding the motor.

Either way, after many hours of work in the shop the motor was in the car and we fired it up last night. I still have some things to work on, but they are all minor issues. All the major maintinence work is complete, and all the desired changes I wanted to make are done.

I look foward to seeing you all there, I see many of you have registered and it will be interesting to Race in the new run groups. I finally get to watch the ITA race other then when I am lapped by the leaders, and it should be interesting to run with ITC and the split starts. Only 3 weeks to go, and the excitement is building!!!

Dave Ebersole
04-17-2007, 03:34 PM
Split starts? I wasn't aware of that! See you at the track.

JamesB
04-17-2007, 04:49 PM
On the request of the ITC group it was agreed at the comp comitee meeting. ITC got tired of being beaten up by the SRX7 guys and it worked well. They asked to keep it this year with ITB. I am fine with that, just gives me some room to race without getting in the way of the ITC leaders way for a few laps.

jjjanos
04-19-2007, 09:22 AM
This is how it works...

ITB forms up as usual, follows the pace car and gets the green per SOP.

ITC forms behind ITB with a gap. ITC does not get its own green. Under a gentleman's agreement, the pole sitter maintains his (or her) pace until the end of the pit wall.

Procedure works as long as everyone follows it. If someone jumps, we'll get mixed in with ITB for the next event.

JamesB
04-19-2007, 10:01 AM
After nearly the entire 2006 season of ITC starting like that I dont expect it to be a big issue other then maybe a novice not knowing better. Knowing ITC they will grab the group after the drivers meeting and remind them.

Either way, the cars getting an alignment today. I should be picking it up tomorrow and give her a little wash before taking her back to storage untill next week.

mattbatson
04-19-2007, 05:40 PM
anyone know where to find the driver sign list for the event?

erlrich
04-19-2007, 06:36 PM
anyone know where to find the driver sign list for the event? [/b] http://www.dlbracing.com/default.aspx

JamesB
04-20-2007, 09:57 AM
Or more directly http://www.dlbracing.com/Clubs/clubdrivers...69&ByGroup=true (http://www.dlbracing.com/Clubs/clubdrivers.aspx?EventID=2469&ByGroup=true)

thats the current registered.

Gregg
04-20-2007, 02:49 PM
This is how it works...

ITB forms up as usual, follows the pace car and gets the green per SOP.

ITC forms behind ITB with a gap. ITC does not get its own green. Under a gentleman's agreement, the pole sitter maintains his (or her) pace until the end of the pit wall.

Procedure works as long as everyone follows it. If someone jumps, we'll get mixed in with ITB for the next event.
[/b]
It should be noted that this will be taking place in the IT7 / SRX7 / Showroom Stock group as well. IT7 will take the green and SRX7 / SS will start racing when the "2nd pole sitter" hits the end of the pit wall.

JamesB
04-20-2007, 02:57 PM
Ahhh, I didnt hear S7 group was doing the same. thats really cool.

So gregg its down to the wire, are you going to have to skip M1?

mlytle
04-24-2007, 10:35 PM
it is gonna be a big party....
298 cars
70 IT cars
70 spec miata's

40 cars in the ITR/S/A group ( biggest of the 10 run groups)
30 cars in the ITB/C group

Gregg
04-24-2007, 10:36 PM
Yup...hopefully we'll be ready for VIR (though that's starting to look iffy too :unsure: ).

JamesB
04-25-2007, 09:30 AM
That stinks man, but its better to have it done right then not at all.

I am skipping VIR, its not in this years budget unfortunately for me.

Bill Miller
05-02-2007, 07:21 AM
Looks like it will be a blast.

Nice to see the big IT fields, but I'm surprised that there are only 2 ITR cars registered, and those look to be ex-ITS BMWs. Hard to say ITC is dead when they have 11 cars entered!

JamesB
05-02-2007, 09:48 AM
ITC is far from dead in WDCR. And a few last minute B and C cars cancelled.

One ITR car is an old ITS, the other one was built this year and looks amazing and WOW are they fast.

Either way, I am looking forward to MARRS 4. M2-3 is definitly out of the picture for good after breaking the car and now work has me on out in phoenix all next week so no time to repair it if I could.

mlytle
05-02-2007, 11:07 PM
ITC is far from dead in WDCR. And a few last minute B and C cars cancelled.

One ITR car is an old ITS, the other one was built this year and looks amazing and WOW are they fast.

Either way, I am looking forward to MARRS 4. M2-3 is definitly out of the picture for good after breaking the car and now work has me on out in phoenix all next week so no time to repair it if I could.
[/b]
there were three itr cars entered, but one wussed out due to rain. actually all of us are ex-its bmw's. the "new" one (sam in blue/white #2) is acutally all the parts (including cage, suspension, drivetrain, etc.) from his wrecked its car put in a straight shell.

sad to say, we ain't that fast yet. the new "track record" for itr that i set is 1.5 secs slower than the its track record. :(

marshall
itr #64

spnkzss
05-03-2007, 08:33 AM
there were three itr cars entered, but one wussed out due to rain. actually all of us are ex-its bmw's. the "new" one (sam in blue/white #2) is acutally all the parts (including cage, suspension, drivetrain, etc.) from his wrecked its car put in a straight shell.

sad to say, we ain't that fast yet. the new "track record" for itr that i set is 1.5 secs slower than the its track record. :(

marshall
itr #64
[/b]

It didn't like ITS cars were moving very quick themselves.

JamesB
05-03-2007, 08:50 AM
Ok I thought it was a new shell, I don't know all the ITS drivers to recognize the name. (usually didnt see that race cuz last year big bore right right before the ITA/B run group.)

Was that record pre 2006 changes?

dj10
05-03-2007, 08:51 AM
there were three itr cars entered, but one wussed out due to rain. marshall
itr #64 [/b]

Hey Hey!! if your talking about who I think your talking about, remember I read these posts too! :D Marshall, your nose is getting bigger. ;)

benspeed
05-03-2007, 09:20 AM
I hit Summit Point for the first time this last weekend - what a great track. Really well run event and the big bore guys didn't complain that I was learning the track on a race weekend - which was humbling.

Kudos to the MARRS folks for putting together such a great weekend. Anybody ever post photos of the event? When my ITA car is done I'll be sure to bring it down.

JamesB
05-03-2007, 10:31 AM
Not many photos from me. my big camera broke again.

mlytle
05-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Hey Hey!! if your talking about who I think your talking about, remember I read these posts too! :D Marshall, your nose is getting bigger. ;)
[/b]
i know you read these dan! why do you think i poked some fun your way? :D

Ok I thought it was a new shell, I don't know all the ITS drivers to recognize the name. (usually didnt see that race cuz last year big bore right right before the ITA/B run group.)

Was that record pre 2006 changes?
[/b]

sam only did one race last year, in which he smooshed his car, so he hasn't been around to recognize much.

yes, its record was before all the restrictor plate stuff.

I hit Summit Point for the first time this last weekend - what a great track. Really well run event and the big bore guys didn't complain that I was learning the track on a race weekend - which was humbling.

Kudos to the MARRS folks for putting together such a great weekend. Anybody ever post photos of the event? When my ITA car is done I'll be sure to bring it down.
[/b]

glad you had fun! that was our first event with 10 run groups. we usually run 9. a lot of folks were concentrating on keeping things moving to get 20 qual sessions and 10 races off in a limited amount of time. it worked!

come on back and play some more!