PDA

View Full Version : DP

dj10
04-08-2007, 10:43 AM
I would think that the DP hp limit of 250 is at the rear wheels? Now, how would they police it and with what kind of dyno are they getting the 250 hp on? :D

Z3_GoCar
04-08-2007, 01:47 PM
Simple Dan,

I've got to install a 30mm SIR as per the March fastrak. No Dyno involved. Now building the air box to handle the seal test without imploding, that's a different story.

James

dj10
04-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Simple Dan,

I've got to install a 30mm SIR as per the March fastrak. No Dyno involved. Now building the air box to handle the seal test without imploding, that's a different story.

James [/b]

So they are saying that with a 30 mm SIR the engines won't make over 250 HP?

Z3_GoCar
04-08-2007, 09:54 PM
Well Dan,

It was originally set to 29mm in the GCR's. Sound familiar? Isn't that the size for the e-36 325 in ITS? So I'd think it's not wheel hp that's the target but the flywheel. This translates to sub 210hp at the wheel. Also now they've taken away the rule for stock rods too, so now rods are open season. If I were serious about running nationally I'd start with an M-54B30, it's a longer stroke motor with double VANOS and mate it with an M-50 manifold. At least that's how I'm leaning given some research to confirm legality.

James

dj10
04-08-2007, 10:17 PM
Well Dan,

It was originally set to 29mm in the GCR's. Sound familiar? Isn't that the size for the e-36 325 in ITS? So I'd think it's not wheel hp that's the target but the flywheel. This translates to sub 210hp at the wheel. Also now they've taken away the rule for stock rods too, so now rods are open season. If I were serious about running nationally I'd start with an M-54B30, it's a longer stroke motor with double VANOS and mate it with an M-50 manifold. At least that's how I'm leaning given some research to confirm legality.
James [/b]

I forgot about the SIR they have to run, and yes 29mm was the size SIR I ran last year in ITS. I'm not serious about running Nationals, I only wanted to use a National for a test @ Mid Ohio to get ready for a big regional race in Aug. There should be no way I should be competitive but it would be a very good test for the setup I intend to use.

BMW RACER
04-09-2007, 03:06 PM
Hey Dan.

Didn't they change the rules is DP to allow any IT car made after 1990? That being the case you should be able to run your ITR car sans restrictor, that could be a pretty competitive car against a full prep DP car with a restrictor.

Just thinking.

dj10
04-09-2007, 05:08 PM
Hey Dan.

Didn't they change the rules is DP to allow any IT car made after 1990? That being the case you should be able to run your ITR car sans restrictor, that could be a pretty competitive car against a full prep DP car with a restrictor.

Just thinking. [/b]

Hi John, I hope the weather out west is treating you better than the cold & snowey weather is treating us in the East.

To a certain degree you are correct John, butt :D they are allowed seam welding and a gorund clearance of I think 3". In reality just like in BMW Club racing, a JP 325. There really should be no competition due to the suspension advantage the TRUE DP car would have. Now if you gave me a full build JP car, that would be a different story. If I'm not allowed to run the restricted Regional, I'll try and run the National in DP to test for the BIG regional in August.

Take care out there on the west coast. :D

Bill Miller
04-10-2007, 06:30 AM
Looks like there are no DP cars signed up for the Summit Point National.

Rabbit07
04-12-2007, 11:26 AM
I was also thinking of running in DP at Mid-O with my ITA car, but was wondering about the SIR. The way I read the Fastrack was that IT cars built to IT rules could run in Prepared. Does anyone else read it differently? Or did I miss something?

Thanks

dj10
04-12-2007, 12:21 PM
I was also thinking of running in DP at Mid-O with my ITA car, but was wondering about the SIR. The way I read the Fastrack was that IT cars built to IT rules could run in Prepared. Does anyone else read it differently? Or did I miss something?

Thanks [/b]

My understanding is no SIR for the IT cars that come over. But, I've been wrong before. :D

PSherm
04-12-2007, 01:43 PM
I was also thinking of running in DP at Mid-O with my ITA car,Thanks
[/b]

Don't do it Chris! The CRB would prob move the Neon back to ITS, and declassify it in Prod because it exceeds the performance envelope! :P

Andy Bettencourt
04-12-2007, 01:59 PM
ITR cars do not need to run an SIR in DP.

dj10
04-12-2007, 03:18 PM
ITR cars do not need to run an SIR in DP. [/b]

Well, there you have it, straight from one of the horse's mouth. Damn, I'd rather race the Regional race @ Mid Ohio instead of going down to the National Ranks and race. Oh well, it's just a test day. B)