PDA

View Full Version : Help with ISC racing exhaust (ITS)

jrx13
04-04-2007, 11:00 PM
Ok I just installed the ITS front section and exhaust mid pipe. It seems to hang really low. I measured only 2 3/4 inch clearance from the ground at the lowest point. I measured my ride height thinking my car was too low. I came up with approx 5 1/2 inch ride height measuring from the rocker panel seams. Is this right?

Anyone else running the ISC racing exhaust with this little clearance from the ground? Is it normal?

Thanks
-Jack

its66
04-04-2007, 11:29 PM
Perhaps a silly question...Is the lowest point the "fat" part of the front pipe? If so, is the front section upside down? Mike welds those front sections offset. the header will bolt up to the exhaust, even if the exhaust is upside down. If not that, is the header bent?

jrx13
04-04-2007, 11:54 PM
I don't think you can mount the front section upside down as the header flange has offset middle holes.
Now that you mentioned the header, I wonder if ISC has a different header configuration because I bought my stainless steel header from Mazda motorsports. I am not sure who makes the header. The outlet flange is the same and from the looks of it, it looks like the typical Racing Beat road race header design.

The lowest part is a couple inches past the "fat" part of the front pipe. It is located at the first bend of the mid-pipe.