PDA

View Full Version : ITBs conversion

invisible saddle
04-03-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm currently working on a set of gsx-r 750 throttle bodies. The are the typical butterfly style. I'm curious if there is a way to convert them to slide-valve style. I will be putting these on a ka24e. I'm also awaiting the arrival of my nissan motorsports cam, dry sump pan and pump. If the slide valve isn't feasible then I'll go ahead and stick with the current configuration. Just wanting something different.

shwah
04-04-2007, 09:47 AM
You might get more traction on this topic at a gsxr board, since you are asking about how to modify thier throttle bodies. Sounds like a fun project - it will sound sweet at WOT.

JohnRW
04-05-2007, 11:24 AM
I'm currently working on a set of gsx-r 750 throttle bodies. The are the typical butterfly style. I'm curious if there is a way to convert them to slide-valve style. I will be putting these on a ka24e. I'm also awaiting the arrival of my nissan motorsports cam, dry sump pan and pump. If the slide valve isn't feasible then I'll go ahead and stick with the current configuration. Just wanting something different.
[/b]

I don't know of anybody who's converted a set of butter-fly TB's to 'flat-slides'...haven't seen a flat-slide TB in years....since some old Lucas fuel injection systems. In the bike world, don't most people just go with a complete 'flat-slide' carb to accomplish this ?

Of course, I have to throw in the inevitable "You do know that there is NFW that this sort of change is legal in an IT car, right ?".