PDA

View Full Version : Summit Practice Days 4/12-13

BillH
04-03-2007, 10:31 PM
Who is going to be at Summit for one or both of the practice days next week before the National? Assuming I get my ITA Miata back together by then, I will. Hope to have some IT company. It's been a long off season. I am more than anxious for the racing season to begin. Bill

JamesB
04-04-2007, 09:14 AM
hah! Bill I wish, I hope to be dropping my finally freshed motor into the car by then.

erlrich
04-04-2007, 10:07 AM
Don't you have to be registered for the race to do the practice day?

JamesB
04-04-2007, 10:16 AM
I dont know how you register for the practice days prior to the race season. This is not like the friday before the race weekend.

BillH
04-04-2007, 11:42 AM
Earl, No, I don't think you have to be registered for the national race to do the practice days. The Thursday practice is actually a seat time event put on by BSR with added sessions for race cars. Friday is a regualr practice day, but I have done it several times in the past without being registered (or even eligible) for the National race. I called BSR one year and asked if I had to be registered for the National and they said, no. If you have a race license and the money, we will take the latter. :-)

James, Good luck with the engine. I am still keeping my fingers crossed, but I think my car should be ready.

I would still like some IT company. Would make it feel more like the season is really beginning.

Gregg
04-04-2007, 12:30 PM
Don't you have to be registered for the race to do the practice day?
[/b]
Nope...practice days are administered by BSR (track mgmt). The region has nothing to do with them. Show up w/ a comp. license at 8am when the they start takin' people's money and you should be good to go.

JamesB
04-04-2007, 12:35 PM
Well wont see me there, though I might do the day before M1 just to get the car some on track time to tune her a little better for that saturday. But knowing me I will likely just show up saturday and do that.

Racerboy03
04-04-2007, 04:07 PM
Anyone know what the runs groups normally look like for a practice day at Summit? Typically how many sessions do you end up with?

Thanks,

Mark

BillH
04-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Typically you'll get four sessions. There are ususally one open wheel and two closed wheel (big and small bore) groups. Occasionally, when the car count is low, they run only two groups and you get 5 or 6 sessions, but that won't be the case next week before the National.