PDA

View Full Version : TWS

jhooten
03-31-2007, 05:38 PM
Any news, rumors, speculations, or WAGs on the status of TMS?

Spinnetti
03-31-2007, 09:34 PM
Any news, rumors, speculations, or WAGs on the status of TMS?
[/b]

Could you be more specific? you mean "Toyota Motor Sales" or something else?

m glassburner
04-01-2007, 08:19 AM
Texas Motor Speedway....the current nastycar track in north Fort Worth... :D

jhooten
04-01-2007, 08:58 AM
Yeah, that's the one.

Motor Sports Ranch in Cresson finally got SCCA approval for club racing. I was just wondering if Texas Region was going to move all their races over there or if races were still going to be held on the roval at Texas Motor Speedway. It was a good place to race but it cost the hosting region a bunch to lease it.

And while on the Subject of Texas tracks, any news on TWS (Texas World Speedway near College Station)? It was up for sale.

mbuskuhl
04-01-2007, 10:01 AM
You know what they say about rumors.... my understanding is...

MSRC - may or may not go back in 2007
TMS - still a go
TWS- no news

Did you run MSRH this weekend? I did not due to the poor schedule SCCA gave for IT - weather.com shows they got soaked anyways. You should try and come out for NASA at TWS at the end of this month. We need to get some IT/PT cars running in TX!!!! :eclipsee_steering:

jhooten
04-01-2007, 04:01 PM
No, I have been under the car chasing an oil leak for one. The car has not been on track since I spun a bearing in March last year finally got that fixed then the oil leak raised its head. Then while mowing a few weeks ago I, somehow, put a rock through the rear drivers side window. Going to replace it with plexiglass when I find some 3mm thick sheets (remember guys I am in ITE) so the window will be legal if I ever do put GT2 on the side of the car. And last the tech inspector who lives a few miles from me didn't renew his membership this year so I have to go find a new inspector to get the log book up to speed.

And on top of all that the truck is still in the shop (was 'sposed to be out last friday). I don't think the Neon would tow the trailer very well.

I will to TWS in May if I have to rent a car. Got to get the 4 races in this year to renew my liscense. I had to get a waiver this year and can't get another. I just hope we have 4 more regionals left this year or I will have to tow a long way to Hallettsville, Topeaka, LaJunta, or some other far away event.

Besides like you said we were group 1 for a single regional and would have been done before noon on Saturday. The track is 220 miles one way. That is a long trip for 4 hours at and 45 min. on the track.

I been meaning to go do a NASA event. Maybe if I get all the bugs worked out in time...

x-ring
04-02-2007, 09:28 AM
Does SWDiv do many (any?) double regionals in Texas? I keep getting cards in the mail inviting me to their double nationals, probably because I have a national license, but last time I looked (last year) they had no double regionals. I don't mind towing to race, I live in New Mexico - you have to tow to race, but I won't do it for one day.

Jerry -

If you are stuck going out of your area to get your races to renew, there is a R/R in Albuquerque at the end of June. The double regionals at La Junta are the last weekend of April and the first weekend of September (Labor Day). Pueblo is a waaaay better track, but no double there until October.

mbuskuhl
04-02-2007, 10:40 AM
This year there are 2 dbl regionals in the SOWDIV, both put on by TX region. One has held in January at MSRC (south of Ft. Worth) - the first time SCCA ever raced there. It was wet with freezing temperatures but the race went on. You had scrape ice off your windshield just to get from the hotel to the track!
The next dbl regional is at TMS (north of Ft. Worth) on 9/1-2 which is a good one. For the most part, SOWDIV is a national division.

jhooten
04-02-2007, 01:03 PM
Lone Star used to do a RR in Feb, I think, but the weather is so unpredictable that time of year it has all bup been dropped from the schedule.

My liscense expires in Dec. I would rather do two RRs than a race here and a race there. However as in all things in this life we don't alway get what we want. And if I have to rent another miata to finish the required number of races... (Mark that is an old sore spot, maybe Ty will tell you about it)

x-ring
04-02-2007, 04:40 PM
I'd forgotton all about the rent-a-miata thing you had to do at La Junta.

I'm glad Soren had an extra car for you, but what a bummer having your engine let go at driver's school.

IPRESS
04-02-2007, 05:57 PM
AG & Chris were working on LSR having an enduro (which would be a Regional race) at TWS in April or May.
If worse came to worse you could rent a SM for a Regional before a National. Sort of sucks to have to worry about getting in enough races. Maybe those guys are right that want to do away with Reg / Nat seperation.

OH, I would bet that TEX Region will keep going back to TMS even though it is expensive. AT LEAST FOR THE NEAR FUTURE. When Eagles Canyon is up and running I guess things could change. I think you would want to have as many tracks as you can on the schedule. HOU Region being tied to MSRH may not be the best idea.

AntonioGG
04-03-2007, 01:59 AM
AG & Chris were working on LSR having an enduro (which would be a Regional race) at TWS in April or May.

[/b]

Leave me out of this!! I mean, I'm glad, but I don't have the cojones Chris has. I don't want the formula, production, and gt guys after me for not having the traditional national on Memorial Day. :bash_1_: :wacko: :D