PDA

View Full Version : Where it runs?

AE86ITA
03-30-2007, 10:28 AM
Hello everyone:

A friend of mine has a 1999.5 Golf IV VR6 and is interested to know where would it run in IT. ITA, ITS or elsewhere?

Thanks,

Knestis
03-30-2007, 10:43 AM
It's not currently listed but it would probably be an ITS car. It's necessary for a member to request that a car be added to the ITCS (the category specifications) and there are forms for that purpose. The first step might be to collect the basic information and have a friendly ITAC member "run the numbers," for a preliminary read of where it might end up and at what approximate race weight.

Geez, it's nice to have this process in place. Those of you who have only known the current reality of IT classification would be horrified if you went back 10 years in time and saw how this stuff worked. Or didnt' work.

K

Andy Bettencourt
03-30-2007, 10:47 AM
A quick look in Edmunds shows the car has the same specs as the older versions. I would assume it would fall exactly where they are...ITS at 2690? (Can't remember off the top of my head...) A simple request to the CRB to add the year should suffice.

JamesB
03-30-2007, 10:48 AM
99.5 would be a 12v vr6 same motor as the mk3 vr6 so I would bet on ITS, I just wonder how much weight the mk4 can loose. I would definitly submit a request to have it listed if your that interested. Would be nice to see that chassis out there. Biggest problems to overcome are easy within IT rules due to the lack of camber adjustment without a decent camber plate. It is a portly chassis though and you would have to be carefull removing what is legally removable without ticking off the computer.

Sandro
03-30-2007, 07:32 PM
I remember when I used to take my MkIV to the track by removing the rear seat and spare wheel you save a ton. The upright part of the rear seat is really heavy, and it has a full size spare. Also the insullation inside seems to be laid on pretty thick.

I beleive ground control makes some camber plates that can get you descent camber.

Bildon
03-30-2007, 10:41 PM
ITS, 2680#

VTS Paperwork went in long time ago but it was never actually classed. I think because nobody asked ?
We have LOTS of info on these VR6 cars. Build it!
The AAA and AFP 12v engines were sold in USA through MY 2002 but like all VWs you can pretty much update backdate the drivetrains from 1992 - 2002. There are lots of VR6 Passats and Jettas out there in the bone yards.

http://www.bildon.com/catalog/images/temp/cat_bottom2.jpg

>> without ticking off the computer.

Pas de probleme!

ODB1 is easier to hack but ODB2 is 'do-able'
The modified ecu (Bosch Motronic M2.9 for the AAA) will run on one set of maps like a MoTec, instead of the usual idle, part, full throttle. Custom Vag-com blocks are written in, checksums are removed and the maps are improved to 24x24 for better resolution. A little overkill but useful if you want to get the AFR really tight up top.

http://www.bildon.com/pub/Dyno005.jpg