PDA

View Full Version : IRP...errrr ORP

R2 Racing
03-26-2007, 07:03 PM
Alright, by my watch, we've got 40 days from today until we kick off the Great Lakes Division season at O'Reilly Race Park in Indianapolis. Yes, I know it was like 80 today and I'm terribly bored of the offseason, but we still have to wait another 40 days. :rolleyes: Anywho, so who's going this year? I should be there, and I think Brian Ehmer in our ITS Prelude too. The weather for the past couple of years has been fantastic so lets hope for some more of that - I need to take some more time off. :cavallo:

As some of you may remember from last years IRP weekend, I did my best to try and loose races. However, it made for great video! So finally, I present to you, my in-car video from last years Sunday race! Now, I only made one mistake this whole race, so see if you can spot it. Also, because I'm showing this to you, everyone should be at least a second faster this year. Well, except for Steve, he could stand to pick up two. :P Oh yea, and don't try this at home, racing is dangerous, poster waives all liability, blahblahblah....

The start! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EqFrVmLMbE)
Clip two. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONPVGIeQvx0)
The finish. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6roIdliDcc)

RacerBill
03-27-2007, 06:51 AM
Great video, Kevin. Which is the mistake that you talked about? The push in T1? The lockup in T6? BTW, I get the following message when I bring up the last clip - "This is a private video. If you have been sent this video, please make sure you accept the sender's friend request".

R2 Racing
03-27-2007, 06:58 AM
Great video, Kevin. Which is the mistake that you talked about? The push in T1? The lockup in T6? BTW, I get the following message when I bring up the last clip - "This is a private video. If you have been sent this video, please make sure you accept the sender's friend request".
[/b]
Hahaha - whoops! That race was only three clips long, not four. So yea, the third clip was the finish. Sorry, I corrected it. Thanks for pointing that out.

Uhm yeeeeeaaaaa, the lock up in T6, that's it. :wacko:

Rabbit07
03-27-2007, 10:05 AM
I have to bow out of that race. You likely won't see me until MId-O in June............. :eclipsee_steering:

R2 Racing
03-27-2007, 04:08 PM
I have to bow out of that race. You likely won't see me until MId-O in June............. :eclipsee_steering:
[/b]
Not even Grattan Memorial Day weekend? Lame.

So it looks like my Dad probably will not be racing at IRP. I think Ian Green and I will be coming over Friday so he can shake down his new CRX during the test day. I won't be doing that though, just loafing. Matt, feel like drinking again?! :birra:

downingracing
03-28-2007, 06:35 AM
Kevin, Shawn and I will be there. I'm kicking around the idea of doing the test day (at least 1/2) to try out all the new parts. I've got the trans out and the suspension should be on this weekend. But drinking all day sounds like the best plan! I'm sure I'll figure it out in qual. and the race!!! Be sure to bring the blender!! I won't be sitting on the top of the motorhome this year (all day) and getting burned - sunscreen is my friend! Can't wait to watch the video. I think this year you should start with 5lbs or 60lbs of air pressure - give the rest of us a chance! ;)

Rabbit07
03-28-2007, 07:23 AM
Not even Grattan Memorial Day weekend? Lame.
[/b]

Yeah, and I never miss Grattan if I can help it. Not that I say this as a plug, but I'll be at Lime Rock that weekend for the Speed Touring Car race.

iagreen
03-30-2007, 05:05 PM
Videos take too long to watch. Which day was the day I had no tires and which day was the day we both spun? Or was that the same day?

This year, I want to lap Matt. Or, I guess if that doesn't work out, just Steve. :D

But yes, I plan on being there Friday to make sure there aren't any gremlins in the new car.

R2 Racing
03-31-2007, 07:52 AM
Videos take too long to watch. Which day was the day I had no tires and which day was the day we both spun? Or was that the same day?[/b]
I'm pretty sure that was the same day. :D That video is from Sunday, when we both spun.

Racerlinn
04-01-2007, 07:16 PM
Entry forms are posted up at http://www.indyscca.org/

And I am happy to say I have not been lapped by any of you at IRP.
Well, except when I tried to blow all the rockers off the top of the motor a couple years ago in 10.....
:mad1:

This is also first call for anyone that would like to help out with our Level 1 PDX run group that we are integrating into the schedule. There will not be an instructor run group, so we are still working on some graft to try and get racers to help out and instruct.

Racerlinn
04-01-2007, 07:37 PM
As some of you may remember from last years IRP weekend, I did my best to try and loose races. However, it made for great video! So finally, I present to you, my in-car video from last years Sunday race! Now, I only made one mistake this whole race, so see if you can spot it. Also, because I'm showing this to you, everyone should be at least a second faster this year. Well, except for Steve, he could stand to pick up two. :P Oh yea, and don't try this at home, racing is dangerous, poster waives all liability, blahblahblah....
[/b]

Hmm, couple interesting items, not much of too much use I don't think.
My car can't brake and turn like yours, so that's not much help. I can't get into T1 like that and I can't play with the apex curb at T9 either.
I do like the down shift into T2, but I'm not geared right for it, at least until I can get thru T1 quicker.

iagreen
04-01-2007, 09:29 PM
Okay, you're right, none of us lapped you. But it'll still be fun to try.

Can we complain yet about having to run with the SRF's?

R2 Racing
04-02-2007, 09:06 AM
Can we complain yet about having to run with the SRF's?
[/b]
Seriously, Steve, what's up with that? I typically wouldn't expect many of them to show up anyways, but with the SRF specialty race Saturday, there will probably be quite a bit of them. My 2600lb, huge Integra could really do very bad things to a SRF. I don't like it.

What's the deal with that PDX? Is it a Friday thing or a sprinkled through the actual race weekend thing? I'd probably instruct for it for entry fees or hot daughters. :023:

downingracing
04-02-2007, 11:01 AM
Hmmm..... I've actually lost motivation to make this event happen. Not a big fan of the grouping. No handicap race (for It cars). I do like the price... I'll most likely be there anyway. You know I just want to beat Steve at his home track! And that shouldn't be too hard! :eclipsee_steering:

Racerlinn
04-02-2007, 12:40 PM
Kevin, you could probably put more of a hurt on an EP Miata than an SRF.

Sorry, nothing I could do about it, I don't like it much either as the typical spread of lap times for both SRF and ITA are about the same. Going to be interesting, make sure you point your sideview mirrors down a little.... :( Depending on the number of entries, we can petition the Stewards for a split start if you like.

I also petitioned on having IT included in the specialty race, but was overthrown on that as well. Again, I agree, it sucks.

The PDX group is run as "Group 6" within the race weekend (there is no change to the Friday test day that I am aware of). On Saturday they will run after the Group 5 qual and again after the Group 5 race. On Sunday they will run as the first group, before the Group 1 qual and before the Group 1 race. This is why we have Wings N Things in Groups 1 and 5, as we feel we can draw more instructors from the closed wheel classes.

Also, all of you coming from Ohio, be aware of the "Super 70" project going on I-70 when you hit the city. The highway is a big mess and you may want to take I-465 around the south side instead. There's a link on the indyscca web site about it.

I'll be happy to start a betting pool to see how many people can lap me. Although Kevin, it was nice to see me passing you in your video that you posted. Hey, just because you pointed the wrong direction, that's not my fault.... :blink:

R2 Racing
04-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Although Kevin, it was nice to see me passing you in your video that you posted. Hey, just because you pointed the wrong direction, that's not my fault.... :blink:
[/b]
Yea, yea, yea. Did you also take notice of you pulling me down the front straight?

Racerlinn
04-02-2007, 04:07 PM
Yea, yea, yea. Did you also take notice of you pulling me down the front straight?
[/b]

It looked pretty even to me...
Whatsamatter, you have SR20-envy?
I'll trade my suspension for yours.

R2 Racing
04-02-2007, 06:25 PM
It looked pretty even to me...
Whatsamatter, you have SR20-envy?
I'll trade my suspension for yours.
[/b]
No, not at all; you missed my point. I was just trying to illustrate how much my engine sucked balls then. B)

Racerlinn
04-03-2007, 12:06 PM
No handicap race (for It cars).
[/b]

Now you didn't hear this from me........but if the IT guys want to petition the race chairman to allow an IT group into the "Spec Challenge" specialty race on Saturday, I'd suggest you make your views known.
His email is on the entry form.....
:happy204:

R2 Racing
04-17-2007, 09:00 PM
Seventeen more days. The Integra and Prelude should hopefully be ready to go as soon as next Tuesday. Ian's CRX might take a little longer, but it shouldn't have any problem being there.

Also, Saturday is Cinco de Mayo, so I'm bringing my blender and Tequila again. :birra:

downingracing
04-17-2007, 10:28 PM
Cage should be done Tomorrow. Picking the car up after work. Just about 20 things to do to have it ready. Entry going in the mail Tomorrow... I'll be at Kevins on Sat. for tech.

And Kevin - Yea, the blender - thats what we need! :blink: Looking forward to another Friday of drinking at the track!!!!

R2 Racing
04-17-2007, 11:12 PM
And Kevin - Yea, the blender - thats what we need! :blink: Looking forward to another Friday of drinking at the track!!!!
[/b]
We haven't decided about Friday yet. Either we're working and won't get to the track until late, or we'll blow off work, drive out Friday morning, and get Ian's car out on track for the afternoon test sessions. Usually the "blow off work" option tends to win, so that's the one I'd put my money on right now.

downingracing
04-18-2007, 07:53 AM
I thought about doing the test day to figure out the new parts, but every year I see someone 'trash' their car at the test day. I think I'll just drink :birra:

I believe this will be a guys weekend for us. The wives are staying home with the kids. We will miss them, but I'm sure we will get by! :cavallo:

Glad to hear that Ian should have a car together for this season! Looking forward to having him in the ITA field!

iagreen
04-18-2007, 03:40 PM
It should be done. But it might be wet when it gets put in the trailer. :P

It's all together. Well except for the rear anti-roll bar. I've driven it. Hopefully the belts will show up by Friday. Bought paint this morning. Stickers soon. New windsheild tomorrow. Maybe I should send in the entry?

I'm starting to think of blowing off the test day. I would like to "know" everything is good, and I would like to have ample time to sit and watch the sunset and drink margoritas. But I've driven it. It should be fine.

It'll be fun. :happy204:

Oh yea. And new tires. So no more of this.
http://www.indyscca.org/photos/Race/2006/ssprints/jww/sat_grp3Race/images/ITA%2099jh_JPG.jpg

Racerlinn
04-18-2007, 06:41 PM
Ah, windshields and roll bars are over-rated - you don't need 'em.
Duct tape is your friend.
I think you drive better on the hard boiled eggs.
But nothing can help Downing......
:018:

downingracing
04-19-2007, 08:57 AM
The cage is done and the car is home! Painting the cage Tomorrow. Finishing the bodywork (1/2-a$$) as usual. Fixing small things to get ready for Tech. Sat. Looking forward to drinks @ sunset!

R2 Racing
04-19-2007, 01:40 PM
Matt, your car really has no idea what's going on, does it?

"WTF is this?! Is he....I think he......I think he is! He's working on me!"
<then it does something like this> :OLA:

Racerlinn
04-19-2007, 03:30 PM
Matt, your car really has no idea what&#39;s going on, does it?

"WTF is this?! Is he....I think he......I think he is! He&#39;s working on me!"
<then it does something like this> :OLA:
[/b]

Or this:
:mad1:

downingracing
04-21-2007, 07:59 AM
Lets get this straight:

The car: :OLA:

Me: :mad1:

Steve: :dead_horse:

:P

Racerlinn
04-24-2007, 02:14 PM
OK, who wants to lay odds as to which one of us loops a car first?
Me, Downing, or Green? Two of us have new suspension pieces and one has a whole new car.
Special long-shot odds on Ruck maybe?
Hell, I may just drive it down to T1 on the first lap of quals and pull the ebrake just to get it over with.

Did a track walk today at lunch, everything looks the same as last year (even Kevin&#39;s favorite tire wall).
They did repave the grid lane, it&#39;s nice and smooth. Please save the rants about track paving - the grid lane is more important to the NHRA than any of the rest of the road course track surface. The use it as the return lane for the drag strip and that&#39;s their priority. Depending on this season&#39;s financial&#39;s, we may try and fund another paving project (yes, T2) next year.

R2 Racing
04-24-2007, 04:53 PM
OK, who wants to lay odds as to which one of us loops a car first?
Me, Downing, or Green? Two of us have new suspension pieces and one has a whole new car.
Special long-shot odds on Ruck maybe?[/b]
Damn, that&#39;s a tough one! Well, lets see. Steve&#39;s never going fast enough to spin out, so he&#39;s out. Ian does kind of drive for a living, but he had several of course excursions last year. Plus that whole new car thing. Matt has been known to traverse the grass from time to time, and he&#39;s got the new suspension. But, I may have scared him into knowing how different his car&#39;s going to feel so he&#39;ll take it easy. Wait, this is Matt we&#39;re talking about. "Take it easy" lasts until about third gear coming out of pit lane for him. Then there&#39;s me. I managed to spin myself out of the lead in both races at IRP last May. Hmmm, a tough one indeed.

Depending on this season&#39;s financial&#39;s, we may try and fund another paving project (yes, T2) next year.
[/b]
NO! The washboard effect in Turn 2 is partially why the Integra can never loose at IRP! :smilie_pokal:

iagreen
04-24-2007, 05:51 PM
I&#39;m gonna go with Matt. I&#39;m showing up with the car more neutral so I can get through 2 better. Then I&#39;m just gonna wait for Kevin to spin. :smilie_pokal:

downingracing
04-25-2007, 07:48 AM
As much as I&#39;d like to bet on someone else, I&#39;m a sucker for a &#39;sure thing&#39; bet! I&#39;ll put $20 on me. Considering last year I made it about 1/5 laps before facing traffic... I&#39;m really going to try to take it easy at first, but I think Kevin hit the nail on the head - About 3rd gear leaving the pits, I get that "GOD I LOVE THIS RACING THING!" "How fast can I get thru this turn" "I can go faster" "Crap, I&#39;m backwards..."

Anyone have the results from last year? I&#39;m interested to actually look at lap times. This whole working on the car thing has me thinking about things other than just driving the car. (other than :birra: )

R2 Racing
04-25-2007, 09:05 AM
Anyone have the results from last year? I&#39;m interested to actually look at lap times. This whole working on the car thing has me thinking about things other than just driving the car. (other than :birra: )
[/b]
mylaps.com, y0!

Saturday:
http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=130871

Sunday:
http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=130865

edit - Matt, I went out in the trailer last night and was like "Why do I have all of these rain tires in here?" and remembered that I still had your rain tires in there from the ARRC. So, do you want me to just leave them in there and bring them to ORP? Four years after building the Integra, I actually have rain tires for it now, so I don&#39;t need them anymore. :P

downingracing
04-25-2007, 02:32 PM
Kevin,

Yea - if you could bring them, that would be great. I&#39;ll find a place to tuck them for the trip home. (Plus I might need them!) I forgot all about them :blink:

Racerlinn
04-25-2007, 04:43 PM
edit - Matt, I went out in the trailer last night and was like "Why do I have all of these rain tires in here?" and remembered that I still had your rain tires in there from the ARRC. So, do you want me to just leave them in there and bring them to ORP? Four years after building the Integra, I actually have rain tires for it now, so I don&#39;t need them anymore. :P
[/b]

Kevin, I got a free donut for you if your "forget" to bring them.......
:)

R2 Racing
04-25-2007, 04:46 PM
Kevin, I got a free donut for you if your "forget" to bring them.......
:)
[/b]
Doesn&#39;t matter much.
He&#39;d probably still beat you.
I enjoy sprinkles.

iagreen
04-25-2007, 06:52 PM
Did anybody ask yet if there are roundy-round races that weekend.

Did anybody else notice that only Kevin, Matt, Steve and I have posted on this page. Losers!

Racerlinn
04-25-2007, 10:10 PM
Did anybody ask yet if there are roundy-round races that weekend.

Did anybody else notice that only Kevin, Matt, Steve and I have posted on this page. Losers!
[/b]

Nope, nothing on the oval on Saturday.
That really is a GOOD thing. Really.
Just pin a tail on Downing and watch him run around in circles after a few margarittas.
:026:

GT240sx
04-25-2007, 10:20 PM
I plan on being there the whole weekend since I live in Indy. As for spins....well, I have only done one practice day at ORP and I spun twice.... I&#39;m looking forward to getting back on track and hopefully the winter modifications have made the car a little more competetive.

R2 Racing
04-25-2007, 11:12 PM
Nope, nothing on the oval on Saturday.
That really is a GOOD thing. Really.
Just pin a tail on Downing and watch him run around in circles after a few margarittas.
:026:
[/b]
Damn. I always enjoy the Saturday night roundy racing. Enjoyable to go over and watch. Oh well. I guess that just means Margarita&#39;s, Corona&#39;s, and Dos Equis Amber at the RV. I mean, it will be Cinco de Mayo afterall, and ITA is in Group 4. I need to remember the party lights. :birra:

downingracing
04-26-2007, 07:44 AM
Yea - probably will end up running in circles Sat. night... Are we allowed to have a camp fire? I noticed that they are allowing camping now, so hopefully we can also do the fire thing. Nothing better than a bunch of drunk racers around fire!!!! :cavallo:

Steve, Are you staying at the track? We need to get a few in you on Sat. night! You can chase me in the circle (and no - you still won&#39;t be able to catch me). :P

Racerlinn
04-26-2007, 10:57 AM
Yea - probably will end up running in circles Sat. night... Are we allowed to have a camp fire? I noticed that they are allowing camping now, so hopefully we can also do the fire thing. Nothing better than a bunch of drunk racers around fire!!!! :cavallo:

Steve, Are you staying at the track? We need to get a few in you on Sat. night! You can chase me in the circle (and no - you still won&#39;t be able to catch me). :P
[/b]

I&#39;ll be on the premises pretty much constantly from around 9:00am Friday to 7:00pm Sunday - although I do plan on going home to sleep at night.

Camping yes, giant killer fireball camp fires, no. In fact, no open fires whatsoever (sorry).

I have no plans on chasing in you circles at any time in the future - unless it&#39;s you doing the "circles" thru T1.
(we need a spinning smiley icon on this board)

downingracing
04-26-2007, 11:28 AM
How about grilling? And what if the flame is a little higher than normal, and the grill is on the ground... And we are all sitting around with no food to cook... (But it really is a grill) Just lookin for the IT loophole in the rules!

Racerlinn
04-26-2007, 03:13 PM
How about grilling? And what if the flame is a little higher than normal, and the grill is on the ground... And we are all sitting around with no food to cook... (But it really is a grill) Just lookin for the IT loophole in the rules!
[/b]

I can&#39;t hear you. I can&#39;t hear you. I can&#39;t hear you. I can&#39;t hear you. I can&#39;t hear you. I can&#39;t hear you.

(Save me a "hot dog" from the "grill"....)

R2 Racing
04-28-2007, 01:01 AM
Is it too early to say that the weather looks really good for next weekend?
Fri, May 4 - Partly Cloudy, 69°/48° 10%
Sat, May 5 - Mostly Sunny, 72°/50°, 10%
Sun, May 6 - Sunny, 71°/53°, 0%

It looks like Ian, Brian, and I won&#39;t be coming over for the test day, so we&#39;ll be rolling in around 8pm or so Friday. I can&#39;t wait!

I can never remember this. This time of the year, I&#39;m gaining an hour coming from Ohio, right?

downingracing
04-28-2007, 07:15 AM
No time change this year... 5:00pm here is 5:00pm there. I&#39;m not too happy that the &#39;free&#39; hour of drinking has been taken away, but that means that I&#39;ve got the &#39;extra&#39; hour on the way home!

Not until 8:00 Friday!?!?! Man, I&#39;ll be trashed by then. Maybe I&#39;ll pace myself - you know I won&#39;t, but it is a nice thought! See you all next Friday!

I won&#39;t be checking here until next Thursday, so smack talk directed at me will need to wait until then for a response. Or wait until Sat. when I pass you! :cavallo:

Racerlinn
04-28-2007, 10:02 PM
I can never remember this. This time of the year, I&#39;m gaining an hour coming from Ohio, right?
[/b]

As the spastic Mr. Downing indicated, no time change anymore. Indiana finally joined the 20th century regarding DST.
Yes, you loose an hour of drinking time Saturday. But, you also don&#39;t loose an hour on you way home Sunday afternoon/evening.

GT240sx
05-01-2007, 09:34 AM
Does anyone know of any in car video from IRP....ORP? Or a good description of a lap at ORP?

R2 Racing
05-01-2007, 09:38 AM
Does anyone know of any in car video from IRP....ORP? Or a good description of a lap at ORP?
[/b]
Russell, check the first post of this thread. ;) Also, there&#39;s one point in that video where I ran a very wrong line, so don&#39;t do that.

Integra&#39;s corner weighted, second camera mount built and installed for dual camera fun, busted foglight replaced, and radio system re-installed. Other than that, it&#39;s ready to hit the track! I can&#39;t wait!

R2 Racing
05-03-2007, 12:02 PM
So what was the consensus concerning the I-70 construction for us traveling from the east? Take the outerbelt? South outerbelt? North outerbelt?

Racerlinn
05-03-2007, 02:14 PM
So what was the consensus concerning the I-70 construction for us traveling from the east? Take the outerbelt? South outerbelt? North outerbelt?
[/b]

I think your best bet will be to take 465 around the south side of Indy. Going around the north side is about the same distance, but there is typically heavier traffic there.
They have been actively ticketing large trucks and anyone pulling a trailer.

R2 Racing
05-03-2007, 03:01 PM
They have been actively ticketing large trucks and anyone pulling a trailer.[/b]
On 70 through the construction?

Racerlinn
05-03-2007, 03:41 PM
On 70 through the construction?
[/b]

Yep.
Take 465 around. Takes an extra 20 minutes or so.

R2 Racing
05-03-2007, 03:55 PM
Is the construction on I-70 before or after I&#39;d hit I-65? Like, can I take I-70 to I-65 to I-465 on the other side of town? That looks a lot shorter, but I don&#39;t know where the construction starts. I had heard it was only on the south side of I-70, west of I-65, but I don&#39;t know for sure.

Ugh, it seems like I&#39;ve got a lot to do tonight.

R2 Racing
05-04-2007, 08:59 AM
Did some research on the interwebs, and the I-70 construction is actually between I-465 and I-65 on the east side of the city. So, we&#39;re going around. 28 miles on the outerbelt if you go north. 25 miles if you go the south route.

Ian and I are all loaded up and ready to go; just got to get this stupid work out of the way. Still hoping to be there around 8pm.

Rabbit07
05-06-2007, 09:16 PM
Results? Inquiring minds want to know..... :D

spdmonkey
05-06-2007, 09:30 PM
Kevin Ruck won ITA on Saturday although he kissed the wall in doing so. Ian Green was second Matt Downing 3rd. Matt smacked the wall this morning in qualifying and was a DNS today. Kevin was leading when I headed out after lap 3. I&#39;m sure those involved can speak of specifics. I can say that Indy region put on a great event although the track needs some serious paving. I was bounced around quite a bit in my SM.

Dave

R2 Racing
05-07-2007, 09:10 AM
Yup, won both days. Awfully rusty and didn&#39;t challenge my record at all, but overall please I suppose. FWIW, my tap of the wall was just that, a light tap. No real damage or anything like that.

Brian did awesome in our new and improved Prelude. He finished a close second to Tim Selby in his fast RX-7 both days but got down within 0.7 of Tim&#39;s track record set last year. We&#39;re very happy with that. We really need to get that thing handleing better in the tighter, twisty stuff though (hey, that sounds familiar!).

I wish they&#39;d repave that track. I love the layout of it but it has just gotten so bad that I just couldn&#39;t bring myself to really push it. There&#39;s just too many places there that if you mess up, it&#39;s going to be bad news.

Racerlinn
05-07-2007, 09:19 AM
Reference this link to how I feel about how my weekend went:

http://itforum.improvedtouring.com/forums/...showtopic=11374 (http://itforum.improvedtouring.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11374)

The word "melted" best describes my left front tire.

iagreen
05-07-2007, 09:48 AM
Sat 2nd
Sun 2nd by a transponder, 3rd by photo finish.

I need to learn how to draft. <_<

GT240sx
05-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Are you saying that the Kumho tires didn&#39;t hold up very well at IRP? Also, does anyone know where to find the pictures that were being taken at the track?

Racerlinn
05-07-2007, 03:22 PM
Are you saying that the Kumho tires didn&#39;t hold up very well at IRP? Also, does anyone know where to find the pictures that were being taken at the track?
[/b]

No, I&#39;m saying that V710&#39;s on my nose-heavy, understeering pig of a car driven by a ham-fisted driver only last about 6 laps. Then the fronts begin to do bad things. First time I&#39;ve tried the 710, I don&#39;t think it suits me or the car. Going back to Victoracers, or maybe trying some Hankooks.

They shot literally thousands of pics this weekend between the 3 photographers.
I would expect that they will be available at www.indyscca.org later this week.

R2 Racing
05-07-2007, 03:40 PM
No, I&#39;m saying that V710&#39;s on my nose-heavy, understeering pig of a car driven by a ham-fisted driver only last about 6 laps. Then the fronts begin to do bad things. First time I&#39;ve tried the 710, I don&#39;t think it suits me or the car.[/b]
For a second there I thought you were blaming the tires. Good to see that you aren&#39;t, and may God help you if you ever mount up Hoosiers. :P

Russel, did you beat the Mustang to the line on Sunday? It looked damn close from where I was standing.

spdmonkey
05-07-2007, 04:41 PM
The V710&#39;s worked fine on my SM even at 2 years old and hard. Sure I was not blazing fast, but I was only running -.8 camber in front and -1 rear. Could have run more and been quicker except the track put bumps right where I needed to brake, turn, accelerate etc... Steve consider that the V710&#39;s were run on last years T1 champ and that dude running 1:42 in T1 Saturday. Granted they are rear drive. I think you probably had too much pressure in them. They differ quite a bit from the victoracers in setup. The thing to remember is in our paddock the guy with the hoosiers crashed Saturday and the guy with the Hankooks crashed Sunday. The guy running the V710&#39;s did not even spin :D . Coincidence?

Dave

downingracing
05-08-2007, 07:37 AM
Don&#39;t blame the tires for driver (me) error... The Hankooks are great tires! I&#39;ve been real happy with them and have been using them for Two years now. A great product for a good price. No, I don&#39;t get anything from them - I just really like the way the tires feel. :D

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the Mid-Ohio IT-Fest. in August!

GT240sx
05-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Well, the transponders say that he got me by 0.054 seconds!! I think we need to look at the photos.... in any case it was really close and I learned a lot about trying to pass cars with twice the horsepower!

It was nice meeting you guys and the weekend was a lot fun.

Racerlinn
05-08-2007, 10:17 AM
The V710&#39;s worked fine on my SM even at 2 years old and hard. Sure I was not blazing fast, but I was only running -.8 camber in front and -1 rear. Could have run more and been quicker except the track put bumps right where I needed to brake, turn, accelerate etc... Steve consider that the V710&#39;s were run on last years T1 champ and that dude running 1:42 in T1 Saturday. Granted they are rear drive. I think you probably had too much pressure in them. They differ quite a bit from the victoracers in setup. The thing to remember is in our paddock the guy with the hoosiers crashed Saturday and the guy with the Hankooks crashed Sunday. The guy running the V710&#39;s did not even spin :D . Coincidence?

Dave
[/b]

Oh, I have no doubt that it&#39;s a good tire. It&#39;s apparantly just not a good tire for me or my car. I took all the front camber out (only ran -1) and had cold pressure of 25/ hot pressure 35. They still went away after 7 hard laps. I watched the video last night. All of the sudden the RX7 and Miata just drove away from me (we were having a fun battle swapping back and forth) while my hands were all crossed up trying to get the car to turn at T12. It was icky. I will chalk it up to a bad experiment. I don&#39;t have the time/funds/motivation to try and pursue a solution.
Already sold the 4 new ones I have sitting in the garage (I love me that Interweb!). Gonna go back to the Victos - gonna bite the bullet and buy 15" wheels too (yes, I&#39;ve been running on teeny little 14" wheels...)

Matt, get that car fixed, dammit!

downingracing
05-08-2007, 02:36 PM
Working on it Steve... Its all F&#39;d in the A! I&#39;ve got the hood,bumper,fender,radiator off (in the trash) and will continue to strip it down this week. Working on finding a frame shop to pull it/replace it and put a new core support on. Once it is straight again, I&#39;ll put the usable pieces back on and replace everything else. Later this week, I&#39;m going to be going thru my parts to start to figure out what I have and what I need to buy. Not going to be cheap, but it will get done. I&#39;m bummed I&#39;m not going to Grattan - I know I could have it done, but I think we will take our time and try to do it for as little $$ (out of pocket) as possible.

Driver pre crash = :eclipsee_steering:
Driver post crash = :o , :bash_1_:

iagreen
05-08-2007, 05:42 PM
Don&#39;t forget to fix that rack too.

Eagle7
05-08-2007, 07:27 PM
I&#39;m bummed I&#39;m not going to Grattan[/b] :(

downingracing
05-09-2007, 11:29 AM
Yea - :( I really look forward to the Grattan race each year! Nice track, great workers/region, good competition, and plenty of friends to catch-up with! I&#39;d say there is about a .5% chance I can make it. (Leaving 95.5% that I won&#39;t) I&#39;m kicking around the idea of just driving up to hang out with Shawn on Sat.... We&#39;ll see.

Mark Downing
05-09-2007, 03:27 PM
Matt,
You should take the Fiat. It handles like a Honda!

bonespec
05-10-2007, 05:12 AM
Just checking in on my "babies"

Matt, let me know what it needs, sounds like you need another case? :bash_1_:

x1/9racer
05-10-2007, 07:54 AM
Matt,
You should take the Fiat. It handles like a Honda!
[/b]
I tried that, he isn&#39;t interested. I think he has lost his will to live!

spdmonkey
05-10-2007, 12:42 PM
Matt,
Check out the photos from Saturday qualifying. They caught your lurid spin. Freeze frame action just like my crash sequence....Well except you keep most of your car on the ground and don&#39;t hit anything at the end.

downingracing
05-10-2007, 03:30 PM
Nice pictures! Mighe see if I have any $$ left after the repairs and purchase the sequence. It is nice to see pictures of how the front looked (should look again!). Where is the bleeding money icon? (or pissing money away icon) :cavallo:

John McFarland
05-10-2007, 04:48 PM
So that&#39;s why you bought the smaller trailer. Seems like you keep making the car smaller! (just had to get a dig in!)

Sorry to hear about the problems! I think you should race the FIAT! Show Mark your the better driver! Or that he&#39;s just insane driving that thing!

Just use that extra parts car of yours!

Racerlinn
05-11-2007, 11:07 AM
Nice pictures! Mighe see if I have any $$ left after the repairs and purchase the sequence. It is nice to see pictures of how the front looked (should look again!). Where is the bleeding money icon? (or pissing money away icon) :cavallo:
[/b]
You bounced through the pothole! Ugh. So that&#39;s where the rack broke?
I recall coming around 12 and seeing all the gravel thrown up - didn&#39;t know that was the result of you attempt to wreck (the first time).

downingracing
05-24-2007, 08:59 PM
So I got a sun burn and a busted-ass car from the weekend - Any estimate on when the Trophy pics. will be mailed? I&#39;d like to see what the car &#39;should&#39; look like :birra:

R2 Racing
05-24-2007, 11:22 PM
Here Matt, I got a picture of you. Well, of your legs at least. :P
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j228/krbobcat/0240733-R3-042-19A-small.jpg

Now that&#39;s a keeper! B)
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j228/krbobcat/0240733-R3-056-26A-small.jpg

BTW, I got those emailed to me because, well, I&#39;m just cool like that.

Racerlinn
05-29-2007, 10:35 AM
So I got a sun burn and a busted-ass car from the weekend - Any estimate on when the Trophy pics. will be mailed? I&#39;d like to see what the car &#39;should&#39; look like :birra:
[/b]

Patience, they are in the works (yes, I know it&#39;s been more than 2 weeks).

downingracing
05-29-2007, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the update Steve!

R2 Racing
05-30-2007, 07:21 AM
Steve - is it possible to get the results from this event put up on mylaps.com? That&#39;s something that pretty much every region should be doing by now. Thanks.

spdmonkey
05-30-2007, 09:40 AM
Steve - is it possible to get the results from this event put up on mylaps.com? That&#39;s something that pretty much every region should be doing by now. Thanks.
[/b]

Kevin,
They were up the monday after the race. At least my group was posted. Look under NEOHIO region as Con Peplowski posts them for all the GLDIV regions.

Dave

R2 Racing
05-30-2007, 09:50 AM
I swear those weren&#39;t there on mylaps last night. Whatever - I must be retarded. :bash_1_:

Nevermind!

downingracing
06-07-2007, 10:47 PM
Patience, they are in the works (yes, I know it&#39;s been more than 2 weeks).
[/b]

Any update yet?

Racerlinn
06-08-2007, 09:03 AM
I swear those weren&#39;t there on mylaps last night. Whatever - I must be retarded. :bash_1_:

Nevermind!
[/b]

Retard.
:D

Any update yet?
[/b]

Yep, I have them sitting right here, just got them from the printers.
In the mail this afternoon.
I&#39;m wiping a booger on Ruck&#39;s.

R2 Racing
06-08-2007, 02:22 PM
Yep, I have them sitting right here, just got them from the printers.
In the mail this afternoon.
I&#39;m wiping a booger on Ruck&#39;s.
[/b]
Good. I&#39;ll be sure to circle it with an arrow pointing to it from a caption that reads "Jealousy is the finest form of flattery." :023:

Racerlinn
06-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Good. I&#39;ll be sure to circle it with an arrow pointing to it from a caption that reads "Jealousy is the finest form of flattery." :023:
[/b]

No jealousy, I&#39;m just gross, that&#39;s the way I roll...
You don&#39;t want to know what I did with Downing&#39;s. B)

R2 Racing
06-11-2007, 10:53 PM
I received my pictures today, complete with a booger inside the envelope. Two nice shots, especially Saturday&#39;s - the right side taken after I tapped the wall. Thanks for that.

Oh yea, and Ian&#39;s car does indeed look just like grass. You can barely see the damn thing! :D

downingracing
06-12-2007, 07:35 AM
Got mine too! (and the nice note with it - thanks Steve/Ass) Looking forward to beating you at Mid-Ohio! :P

Racerlinn
06-12-2007, 10:13 AM
I received my pictures today, complete with a booger inside the envelope. Two nice shots, especially Saturday&#39;s - the right side taken after I tapped the wall. Thanks for that.

Oh yea, and Ian&#39;s car does indeed look just like grass. You can barely see the damn thing! :D
[/b]

I had nothing to do with the picture selection, although if I did I would have made sure it showed the love tap side. :D
And yes, I thought the very same thing - Ian&#39;s car looked like the grass.

Got mine too! (and the nice note with it - thanks Steve/Ass) Looking forward to beating you at Mid-Ohio! :P
[/b]

Happy to serve. Yes you will. I&#39;m considering Gingerman in July, anyone else?

R2 Racing
06-12-2007, 04:51 PM
I had nothing to do with the picture selection, although if I did I would have made sure it showed the love tap side. :D

I&#39;m considering Gingerman in July, anyone else?
[/b]
You can even see the white marks on the tires! me---> :bash_1_: <---wall

Slightly considering Gingerman. It&#39;s far from my favorite track, but if I end up making some substantial changes to the Integra and the Prelude, we might look to get them out before the IT Fest. Unlikely right now though.

downingracing
06-12-2007, 07:08 PM
I&#39;m just planning for the M-O race. Already had to miss Grattan (one of my fav. race weekends every year) because I&#39;m a dumbass... :eclipsee_steering: :blink: :bash_1_:

Q: How many colors can a car be?

A: We might see in August!

R2 Racing
06-12-2007, 10:49 PM
As long as the body panels are relatively straight, who cares?

Mine&#39;s a nice shade of orange, black, white wall, and original red. All good! :023:

iagreen
06-13-2007, 03:29 PM
I thought you had a stockload of red body panels? I&#39;m pretty sure they sell $0.99 "Red" spray paint a Walmart.

downingracing
06-15-2007, 01:44 PM
I thought you had a stockload of red body panels? I&#39;m pretty sure they sell $0.99 "Red" spray paint a Walmart.
[/b]

All the parts I have are not the parts I need! Multi-color "HERE I COME"! I&#39;m going to see what I can do to make it look 1/2 way decent for the August race. If you&#39;re not going to be good, at least look good... :eclipsee_steering: