PDA

View Full Version : 260Z Racers - or any Z racers

Ron Earp
03-23-2007, 06:48 AM
Who else on the IT forum is racing a 260Z? Just interested to know so I can have some conversations RE: motor specific items.

Other Z racers post as well to give a rough idea of how many forum members race Zs.

R

Joe Harlan
03-23-2007, 07:27 AM
Ron, I directly build engines and prep 6 240z's here in the NW. That does not include all of the others like vintage and gt stuff. The are no 260's running out here.

Ron Earp
03-23-2007, 09:56 AM
They seem to be rare, everyone is afraid on those flat tops. Someone had one on here not long ago talking about getting weight out of it, have to look for that thread.

Joe Harlan
03-24-2007, 10:51 AM
They seem to be rare, everyone is afraid on those flat tops. Someone had one on here not long ago talking about getting weight out of it, have to look for that thread.
[/b]
I think carbs are the issue, Weight should not be a problem as if you run it as an early car you can ru the light bumpers. As we discussed before I have not spent a great deal of time on those carbs but I do feel I could get the HP out of them. I tend to think the 76 280z would be one of the better Zcar choices if somebody wanted to really work on one.

04-11-2007, 08:43 AM
I seem to have lost my mind and my login ID so I re-registered. Tried to send a message to the webmaster, but got no reply. I run a 260Z in the southeast, once or twice a year. Blue with yellow graphix and a red nose. I'm the guy with the weightloss work previously. A couple of other winter projects have kept me from working on my car, but I hope to be back in the race shop in a week or two and have the car out for the Lowes race in June.

Mike

x-ring
04-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Oh, a new login name. Whew.

For a second there I thought there was a fourth nutball gone off the deep end. :D

Ron Earp
04-19-2007, 07:16 AM
Mike
Ty
Ron

And one under construction, Jeff R.

Looks like three in the Southeast then. Any more?

R

pballance
04-19-2007, 08:49 AM
Not a 260, but I will be around next year in a 240. Thought I would go ahead and chime in since you asked about other Z's as well.

Solo 1 for me after my debacle at RR. :( I was at TGPR a couple of weeks ago for a track day and I am finally getting some "butt" feel to the car. Hope to be at TGPR later this month and then Nashville for Time Trial next month.

Paul

x-ring
04-20-2007, 08:52 AM
...I am finally getting some "butt" feel to the car. Hope to be at TGPR later this month and then Nashville for Time Trial next month.

Paul
[/b]

GO man, go.

Mike
Ty
Ron

And one under construction, Jeff R.

Looks like three in the Southeast then. Any more?

R
[/b]

There's another one under construction here in RMDiv. Not sure why he hasn't spoken up yet.

Redeye? You out there?

Bueller?

abq_redeye
04-20-2007, 09:43 AM
GO man, go.
There's another one under construction here in RMDiv. Not sure why he hasn't spoken up yet.

Redeye? You out there?

Bueller?
[/b]
Cause I'm just a wannabe

Tom Donnelly
04-20-2007, 11:31 AM
I ran a 240 in the southeast. I haven't had a chance to run the new car yet.
260z Mike, I think I ran into your car once, literally, with David driving. :D

How you been?

Tom

Ron Earp
04-20-2007, 11:54 AM
test

bobpink
04-22-2007, 12:07 AM
The only person I heard of that made these carbs work well in IT is Eddie Radatz at E. Radatz Motorsports. Give him a call at 770.926.6609 and see if he can help you out. His shop is located north of Atlanta.

They seem to be rare, everyone is afraid on those flat tops.[/b]

04-24-2007, 10:16 AM
Yea Tom, that is me. Got to work on brakes and swaybar before LMS, I hope! I keep getting side tracked on other projects like a 16hp go kart, a flow bench and a tubing bender. If I worked at Walmart the number of hours I spend building these things, I could buy top of the line!!!!

Oh well, it keeps me off the streets!

Mike

Tom Donnelly
04-24-2007, 05:46 PM
Mike,
I'm actually working on a riding lawnmower I got for free from a jobsite.
We were building basement rooms and the owner was throwing it out.
I asked if I could take it and she was glad to get rid of it. I'm a sucker for
lost cause type projects.

16 hp go cart. That's a formula car.

Tom

Ron Earp
04-24-2007, 07:53 PM
The only person I heard of that made these carbs work well in IT is Eddie Radatz at E. Radatz Motorsports. Give him a call at 770.926.6609 and see if he can help you out. His shop is located north of Atlanta.
[/b]

He actually did these. The car has notes he made as well as the owners too. Lots and lots of needle/jet combos were run through it by him. Mine work fine, but I think some folks are scared of them because few folks know how to make them run. I don't know how to make them run, but I can follow the directions in the setup book and maintain what was given to me on the car.

R

racer-025
05-14-2007, 08:50 PM
what about the 200SX racers?
www.geocities.com/mcnuttracing/200sx.html

CU Zcar
09-03-2007, 11:32 PM
Hoping to have a 72 240z running in the southeast for '08. Maybe I'll be ready for the double Roebling school.