PDA

View Full Version : I need to have an ITB VW 8v engine built Any recommendations?

theman631
03-22-2007, 11:12 PM
I need to have one or two of these built and I was hoping to not spend over $2500 each. Is that resonable? I know where to have honda engines built but these are our first VW's :happy204: We have core engines to trade or use for the rebuilding. Also, what company should I use to reflash the ecu's in the cars? Trying to get a good start to hopefully a great season. Thanks in advance for any replys. Jimmy #23 B)

JLawton
03-23-2007, 05:44 AM
Where are you located?

theman631
03-23-2007, 09:38 AM
Near Milwaukee Wisconsin

shwah
03-23-2007, 09:53 AM
I am having my motor done down in St Louis at AMT Racing Engines.

There are some other options in Chicago area - Apex Machine in Bensenville could probably do the machine/balance/main assy very well.

MobileOneInc in Glenview could do the long block assembly, and would probably have Apex do the machine work.

For ECU - what year are the cars? If they are CIS-E there is no chip tuning to worry about. If they are Digifant, there are a few so-so options out there such as CSW chip ($100), AMS chip ($250?), however Bildon has in the past offered an "IT specific" chip.

I would recomend not moving on the ECU issue until the new ECU wording is released. If it is CIS-E you can still add a fuel enrichment device easily, but if it is Digifant don't invest much effort until the new rules.

jlinfert
03-23-2007, 11:17 AM
David Boles at Atlantic Auto Works does very very nice IT golf engines. But he's in Melbourne FL.... You might want to contact him anyhow as he does superb cylinder head prep and that is where all your power is.
[email protected] will reach him.

Knestis
03-23-2007, 03:43 PM
Cameron Conover did my 2.0 and I'm very happy with it. He's in Greensboro, NC - link below.

Kirk

theman631
03-27-2007, 12:24 AM
All the above mentioned places have been contacted. If anyone else has any I would appreciate it. Some were quite a bit above budget. Thanks

JimLill
03-27-2007, 05:40 AM
http://www.interpreptuning.com/

Drew Aldred
03-27-2007, 09:28 AM
A little bit closer to you in Port Washington: http://www.speedperformanceresearch.com/

Either Jeff (owner) or Greg can help you. Both great guys who know what they are doing. In house machine shop w/dyno. Jeff used to off-road race VWs, so he's got a pretty good idea what makes them go and last.

If you do talk to him, I'd appreciate it if you mentioned I referred you. THANKS !!!

edit: The shop isn't the easiest to find, although it is right off of I-43, so be sure to ask for directions if you end up going there.