PDA

View Full Version : SEVENTEEN ITS cars at CMP -- Let's race boys

JeffYoung
03-21-2007, 03:37 PM
Porsches, Zs of all flavors, a Prelude, a Miata, a 325 and a Triumph should be a ton of fun boys, can't wait to see everyone down there.

mattbatson
03-21-2007, 04:32 PM
How many ITB cars?
I didnt think I would be able to make the race due to my schedule...but would make an exception if the turnout was high

JeffYoung
03-21-2007, 04:53 PM
Six so far, and some cool cars (Peter Keane's Accord and Olin Gayle's GORGEOUS Opel GT):

4 Jim Wray Yellow 1984 VW Rabbit
Sponsored by: Your Name Here
7 Jay Marlowe blue 1977 Toyota Celica
Sponsored by: LNA Engineering
23 Peter Keane Yellow 1988 Honda Accord
52 Lette O'sheill White 1986 Honda CRX
71 Olin Gayle silver 1970 opel gt
Sponsored by: imports only
90 Richard Floyd Red/white 1987 Honda CRX Si

Plus Richard Floyd's front page of the newspaper starring CRX!

mattbatson
03-21-2007, 09:09 PM
Nice mix of cars. Never been on track with an opel...
Full steam ahead...maybe I can get it ready in time.

jmark
03-22-2007, 06:50 AM
Nice group of Z cars. Might have to run down there & shoot some pics.

tbtapper
03-22-2007, 07:43 AM
Yippie, this will be fun. I do so love CMP it takes real "skill" to master the course and I for SURE don't have it mastered.

I've had some fabulous duels with Gerald, 240's (obviously not John Williams) even a BMW (Donna) because the layout does not really favor any particular car and severely penalizes macho driving styles.

Just my kind of place. I know Jeff and I will have have fun and so will we all, lets just get through turns 1-3 so we can sort it out before the really tight section ok!

Travers
ITS19

x-ring
03-22-2007, 08:05 AM
Nice group of Z cars. Might have to run down there & shoot some pics.
[/b]

Do it! Do it! :026: :026:

I wanna see!

I do love living in the desert southwest, but there are disadvantages. I don't think that if you totaled up all of the ITS cars that ever raced in RMDiv you get to 17. A typical ITS field here is three or four.

jmark
03-22-2007, 08:22 AM
Do it! Do it! :026: :026:

I wanna see!

I do love living in the desert southwest, but there are disadvantages. I don't think that if you totaled up all of the ITS cars that ever raced in RMDiv you get to 17. A typical ITS field here is three or four.
[/b]Ty, Are you running a 280Z? Got any pics.

JeffYoung
03-22-2007, 08:28 AM
Travers, should be fun. A good group of guys in ITS here in SEDiv, as you know. I saw you run with Brian/Steve Parrish's Z at CMP one time. Great race. I agree, while a lot of people complain about CMP, it to me is a driver's track.

Also, note that we will take the green on the backstraight, so we have to get into turn 12 safely. Not sure if that is any better than 1-3, have done it both ways and both are a bit hairy.

Jmark, we've got Steve Parrish in his 240z, Ron EArp in his 260z and Jay Miller in his 280z, so you should have pics of all three flavors of the original car.

jmark
03-22-2007, 09:27 AM
Travers, should be fun. A good group of guys in ITS here in SEDiv, as you know. I saw you run with Brian/Steve Parrish's Z at CMP one time. Great race. I agree, while a lot of people complain about CMP, it to me is a driver's track.

Also, note that we will take the green on the backstraight, so we have to get into turn 12 safely. Not sure if that is any better than 1-3, have done it both ways and both are a bit hairy.

Jmark, we've got Steve Parrish in his 240z, Ron EArp in his 260z and Jay Miller in his 280z, so you should have pics of all three flavors of the original car.
[/b]Yea. I have met Steve before. He has a great looking Z. Not met Ron & Jay yet. I was hoping to get Spillman out in his new 240Z as well. Not sure it will be ready in time. Where's a good place to stay around CMP. I have never been there before.

JeffYoung
03-22-2007, 11:32 AM
J -- Ron's 260z used to be half mine. A bit ratty but alots of good parts on it (it came from Atlanta, built in 1990 and has been raced for a long time). David S. I talked to two days ago and he is shifting his stuff over to a new tub and is not done yet. Jay M. has a new 280z that you may not have seen yet, orange and blue and a cool color scheme.

Kershaw is, frankly, a dump, and has I think two motels. One is a low level chain that is acceptable, and one is a no-tell motel. I would avoid both.

We usually stay in Camden, which is 20 minutes south of the track. Camden and its neighbor Lugoff have 10 or so chain hotels (we usually stay at the Ramada I think) plus good food and let's just say an interesting nightlife. WE call it the "Southern Farscape." Lots of drinking goes on in that town, and it has at least two "after hours" "private clubs" (liquor joints, not ta ta bars) that stay open till 4 a.m. serving liquor illegally. Too much. Plus, we know the Town Skank. I'll stop there.

Stay in Camden. It's a little farther from CMP thank Kershaw but worth the ride.

jmark
03-22-2007, 11:40 AM
Thanks Jeff. I have stayed at the Ramada in Lugoff. I have done some work at the Dupont plant there. I might just come down Sunday. We'll see.

JeffYoung
03-22-2007, 11:41 AM
Correction. EIGHTEEN ITS cars. Wow.

And Matt -- EIGHT ITB cars. Not a bad field.

jmark
03-22-2007, 12:50 PM
All we need is Greg Ira in the blue ECR winning 240Z & Spillman in his 240Z and we could call this race the 2007 ARRC!

x-ring
03-22-2007, 12:55 PM
Ty, Are you running a 280Z? Got any pics.
[/b]

If you'll PM, or post, you address I can probably find some photos of my now departed (a moment of silence, please) 280.

jmark
03-22-2007, 01:02 PM

If you'll PM, or post, you address I can probably find some photos of my now departed (a moment of silence, please) 280.
[/b]My email address is [email protected]. Thanks!

mattbatson
03-22-2007, 03:16 PM
8 ITB cars...awesome.
I had to get with S.Ekerich to see if he could do my cage, and that looks like a go..

Looks like I'm number nine...

See ya there.

Parrish57
03-22-2007, 10:00 PM
Well.. So far I have the oldest car (1970) so you guys will have to give me a head start! I'll be driving Saturday and Bryan will drive Sunday. This sounds like a blast!!

tbtapper
03-23-2007, 07:45 AM
That's right Jeff I forgot that we were starting on the back straight. Not really sure if that's much better as 12 is a real bear under any circumstances much less a starting scenario.

Anyway, there's good run off available for those that insist on running a kamakazi on the outside in the grass in the hopes of making up a few places on the first turn.

It's been so long since I've been on track (ARRC) that my main goal is to try and get some rythm and smoothness into my driving and try and avoid any foolishness.

Oh yeah?, guess I never had any of that to begin with! guess it's never too late to start.

See ya there.

Travers

manny
03-24-2007, 06:37 AM
hey everyone i would love to make it but i need to add the 2 side bars to my car and i dont know where to get them or even have them welded in, can any one help? i'm in indian trail nc. thanks

Knestis
03-24-2007, 07:43 AM
Competition Cages in Hillsborough, NC can get you updated.

http://www.competitioncages.com/

K

jmark
03-24-2007, 10:52 AM
How close is Lancaster to CMP?

Team SSR
03-25-2007, 05:06 PM
North of CMP maybe 20 minutes(?). When we don't drive home we stay at a Hotel in Lancaster

Joe-Racer
03-27-2007, 06:16 AM
There is a Jameson Inn in Lancaster. Pretty decent for the money. When I am in Camden, I ONLY stay at the Colony Inn. Yea, its cheap..but the breakfast is damn good.

BTW - anyone catch the '07 Z06 on the roster? Schweeet :eclipsee_steering:

tbtapper
03-27-2007, 09:30 AM
Manny, guess you could stop by Greenville, SC on the way if you've made prior arrangments with either Sam Henderson or Steve Hampton and get the bars in.

Sam's number is 864.297.0313 (after 12 pm) Steve's number is 864.915.1776

Travers

JeffYoung
03-27-2007, 10:57 AM
Joe, I forgot about the Colony, it is a good deal. Internet access, and a good restaurant out back.

Butch Kummer
03-27-2007, 02:52 PM
Only problem with the Colony Inn (or any other place in Lugoff) is this is also the weekend for the Carolina Cup horse races in Camden. The only reason we got rooms at the Colony is because some horse people called and cancelled just before I called to check.

And besides the IT Hoards, it also looks like we'll have a gob of stock cars running as well. Ought to be a great show.

See ya...

Butch Kummer
GTA Monte Cuervo #57

manny
03-27-2007, 04:14 PM
thank you very much guys.

Joe-Racer
03-27-2007, 07:34 PM
If anyone needs a place to crash - last I checked (couple days back) there were some rooms left at the Jameson. Rate was $63 and change. B)

Jameson Inn Lancaster
114 Commerce Blvd.
Lancaster, SC 29720
United States
803-283-1188

Parrish57
03-27-2007, 09:27 PM
So Far So Good!!!

Thu
Mar 29 Few Showers
58°/40° 30%
58°F

Fri
Mar 30 Mostly Sunny
63°/42° 10%
63°F

Sat
Mar 31 Mostly Cloudy
74°/50° 10%
74°F

Sun
Apr 1 Partly Cloudy
74°/50° 10%
74°F

Mon
Apr 2 Isolated T-Storms
78°/49° 30%
78°F

Ron Earp
03-28-2007, 06:54 PM
I'm happy to say that I will definitely make it. Jeff just brought over my permanent numbers, 38 (old Jensen numbers but I don't think she'll need them lying in a field and rusting away....), and put them on the car for me so I suppose I have to go now! Had some damage from the recent school and a few others problems, but those are sorted now it looks like, or will be by Friday AM.

I'm looking forward to CMP. I've not driven the track in over a year but it is my favorite track in the SE. Looking foward to seeing a lot of you guys and looking forward to actually starting to race (or drive) in ITS for the first time without rookie Xs on the car (not quite true, I did get to go Rockingham but the car was not healthy and we limited track time).

R

manny
03-29-2007, 07:47 PM
are all you guys going to be in the race on sunday also? i can only make it on sunday to watch.

Joe-Racer
03-29-2007, 11:44 PM
I havent been able to make it to the other events - so yea, definitely running both this weekend. :D

Looks like 11 drivers in IT7, too. Should be a lot of fun.

jmark
03-30-2007, 09:14 AM
Doesn't look like I'll be making this one. Sorry. Good luck to all & have a safe weekend.

mattbatson
04-01-2007, 05:17 PM
Holy crap, what an awesome race...!

Jay marlowe, richard floyd, and I were all within a half second of each other in ITB qualifying, promising a kick ass race...and it didnt disappoint.

We were out with the crash miata's...and THEY didnt disappoint either!

At the start both marlowe and richard schooled me, passing on either side of me right off the bat...I didnt even see it coming (newb here).
The whole race was filled with action, with the miata's around us driving thier nuts off...and in some cases themselves and others off too :P

I did my first bump draft on a miata :eclipsee_steering: Very cool...(no, the stewards didnt say anything afterwards). And for the rest of the race the miatas we were around were begging me to do it some more...
Between the ITB cars it was really clean, professional racing, with no contact.

I was constantly schooled by Mr. Marlowe as he would take the line away from me, time and time again.

During the race, I had a miata sideswipe me in the carousel, almost pushing me off the track...and this was after I rear ended him on the front straightway, of all places (no, it was much more then a bump draft...trust me). Kinda weird, like he backed off the gas or missed a gear...So a few turns later in the carousel he decides on a little backwoods justice and nails me...

It came down to the last corner, 14, before the finish line straight...this same miata basically messed the corner up for marlowe, getting him sideways....I was able to pull up on marlowe and it was, as Jay called it...a four cylinder race to the finish! :happy204:
So, after I had my sandwich and read the paper, we crossed the finish with the winner getting it by half a car length!!!!

And, even though Jay was running a car that he had pulled out of the cobwebs and wasnt handling well, and Richard Floyd was on old tires and had a suspension problem (which eventually took him out of the race), it didnt make me feel any less proud to be running up front with the fast guys!!!!!

Anybody have an extra large helmet they want to sell? Mine doesnt fit anymore :P

Anyways, we had people coming up to us after the race saying how exciting the race action was...very cool.

Oh, and to top it all off, I had forgotten to put the battery back in my video camera, so I had no footage :bash_1_:
I'll be beating myself up over that one for a long time.
I was only there for saturday...
In the ITS race, Ekerich checked out, both in qualifying and in the race. He was in a different league. Very smooth and consistent, from what I could see.
I saw the Truimph TR-7 go off in the first corner after the start (we started on the backstraight) on saturday. Hopefully mr. earp had better luck on sunday.

See ya guys at roebling next month!

Marlboro Mafia
04-01-2007, 07:24 PM
black Swift?

mattbatson
04-01-2007, 07:51 PM
yep...you that spec miata?

If so, there are no hard feelings on my part...

I was wondering what happened to you on the straight when I rear ended ya....But, my wife was in a hurry to leave, so I didnt have time to look ya up.

Sorry about hitting you so hard. I honestly didnt expect you to slow down on the straight, and I couldnt move over to the left as Mr. Marlowe was coming up my left.

Andy Bettencourt
04-01-2007, 09:50 PM
Saturday

http://www.mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?id=491053

JeffYoung
04-01-2007, 10:07 PM
Success comes from experience, experience comes from mistakes. No s#$%.

Here's an experience for you - do not replace the working brake master cylinder that got you a 2nd place two weeks ago with a new one for no reason. New one failed, and I threw away what was probably going to be two 4th place finishes in a good S field.

Props to Steve E, he was extra fast, Ben and Taylor, the BMW looked good, Steve P -- I heard you got a 1:53 Sunday! Way to go man, although I did hear it induced some vomiting. Double props to Ron E. who got a 6th, closing on 5th, in his first time at CMP in an S car.

Lynn, Travers, good to see you guys as well.

Andy, thanks for posting. I didn't realize this was up yet.

Jeff

Parrish57
04-02-2007, 09:04 AM
Thanks Jeff... Yeah, I got pretty sick. I started feeling bad during qualifying and pulled off. I might have beat a 1:53.7 if I was feeling better!!!! Sticker tires and stupidity will make anyone into Superman. The problem is that the Z can only hold that pace for about 3 laps before the brakes go China Syndrome.

Congratulations to Steve E for a pair of effortless wins. You make it look easy. Kent T had a good run on Sunday, giving everything he had to run down Steve. Ricky T and Tim D put on a great show in ITA. I wish I could have been on the track with everyone for that one.....

Ron Earp
04-02-2007, 10:04 AM
Good stuff this weekend. I enjoyed meeting a bunch of you guys at the track and had a great time on Saturday. Steve E, Ben, and Steve P. were in rapid transit mode for certain. I'm looking forward to some more races, but couldn't make Sunday due to electrical gremlins. Still a great time and I enjoyed my first S race down there.

Sorry the TR8 had some brake problems, but we've seen that movie before. We'll get it fixed. Sunday's race I hear had a bit of banging and crashing going on?

R

Joe-Racer
04-02-2007, 10:29 AM
Ron - I about cr*pped my pants when your brakes failed in the first corner at the start of Sat's race! :o You shot off into the grass after just narrowly missing the front of my Rex. I corrected to the right which put me into the grass as well - and I ending up dead last. :(

But hey - that's racing. Anyway, that lit a fire under me to get back into the hunt. I passed about 6 cars in the span of 1 1/2 laps before realizing I was driving at 10/10ths and not my usual reserved self. The extra speed cost me and I hit the kink on the back straight with my foot planted to the floor and unsettled the rear just enough to cause the car to sway side to side (more than I wanted at 100+mph). The car stepped off the track sideways into the grass and I did my best to correct. Only to have it go backwards through the tirebarrier and kissed a tree. Nice. Pics of the carnage on the website.

Hopefully I'll get it back together in time for Savannah. Russel mentioned he may have a roller 1st gen available.

Ron Earp
04-02-2007, 10:50 AM
Ron - I about cr*pped my pants when your brakes failed in the first corner at the start of Sat's race! :o You shot off into the grass after just narrowly missing the front of my Rex. I corrected to the right which put me into the grass as well - and I ending up dead last. :(
[/b]

That is actually Jeff Young in the TR8, I'm Ron and I drive the silver 260z.

High praise to Jeff for making a good race decision and saving some cars, including his. He had no warning of failure (qualifying was fine, brakes good, ran 58s) and on the pace outlap before the race had no problems. But going into the turn after green he tried to brake and had NO brakes at all from the front. He found an open side to the right and shot over there or else he'd have piled up into the braking line for the turn. I'm sure he'll write, but thanks for letting him over and good driving in missing him.

As one that works on the car a lot I apologize too for the brake failure. We didn't know that was going to happen, but apparently the master failed or went bad as she's not pumping much fluid to the fronts now, but was fine for the early sessions.

Thanks to all the drivers in that session that avoiding hitting him and damaging your car in the process. I was far back on the grid so only saw dust, and in fact didn't know he wasn't running until the end of the race when I came in.

Ron

JeffYoung
04-02-2007, 12:28 PM
Joe, that was me, and it was my fault. I owe you and everyone else out there an apology. The brakes worked fine in qual and I got a 5th place starting spot. The first corner on the out lap, only the rear worked, but I thought that was just the pads getting some temp in them as they worked fine after that. I still should have pulled off. They didn't work fine going into the first turn, and I almost cost people a lot of damage as a result. That won't happen again, and sorry that I interfered with your race. Thanks also for missing me -- that was some great driving on your part.

Hope you make it to Savannah.

CHennecy85
04-02-2007, 10:20 PM
Below is a link to the video I shot Sunday of the IT race at Kershaw since I wasn't in the race, had a camera and thought I would be productive. I know I wish I had some video of me racing from outside of the car. In-car cameras are cool but you don't always get to see all the action. So, enjoy! Congratulations to Steve who won both Saturday and Sunday's races.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8772837790524457983

seckerich
04-03-2007, 08:27 AM
Nice video Chris!! It is different to see it from the outside. Great group to race with. Could not believe the give and take with lap traffic to let the leaders through--thanks to all. Steve we really missed the Z car in the field Sunday and hope you get feeling better. Get that car fixed Chris and get on the other side of the camera. You had a strong run at Rockingham before it started missing. Don't give up.

Team SSR
04-03-2007, 09:54 AM
Yeah, great video!
We missed being there. Still putting the 944 back together...

JeffYoung
04-03-2007, 10:14 AM
Chris good to see you post. Your car looked great at Rockhingham, did you have the same problem at CMP? Get it sorted, you are really getting that car up front.

Steve, great runs. You were flying.

cherokee
04-03-2007, 01:14 PM
Do any of you folks have a pic of the Opel? I would love to see it.

Parrish57
04-03-2007, 03:22 PM
Thanks, Steve.... I wish I could have been there too. All that I can guess is that I ate something bad. It hit me at exactly the wrong time. I started to feel better but was not anywhere near 100 percent at race time. I may not be able to keep up with you guys, but I feel that I need to be out there to drown out some of that rotary noise :)

Chris... Very cool video!

NutDriverRighty
04-03-2007, 04:03 PM
In the IT7 race, Tom Lyttle checked out with myself, Grover McNair, and John Buenting having (what I think was) a helluva battle. IIRC, I passed Grover on the outside through Faith, Hope, and Charity. John hounded me incessantly throughout until (it seemed like) his tires went away. Apologies to John if I slashed him once or twice. I thought I was in 3rd and didn't want to give up the chance at the "podium". Little did I realize that I was in 2nd. Congrats to both of you. That's by far the best race that I've had in the time I've had my license. Sorry that we all couldn't have gotten trophies. Oh, and John, thanks for not punting me. Not sure I could've had the same restraint.

Scott Franklin
IT7 #91 (on Sunday)
www.NutDriver.org

Marlboro Mafia
04-03-2007, 05:36 PM
yep...you that spec miata?

If so, there are no hard feelings on my part...

I was wondering what happened to you on the straight when I rear ended ya....But, my wife was in a hurry to leave, so I didnt have time to look ya up.

Sorry about hitting you so hard. I honestly didnt expect you to slow down on the straight, and I couldnt move over to the left as Mr. Marlowe was coming up my left.
[/b]

I was the white SM. I should send you a thank you note.

manny
04-03-2007, 07:32 PM
lets see if this works, i hope its the pic of the opel

again

Hotshoe
04-03-2007, 08:12 PM
I feel that I need to be out there to drown out some of that rotary noise :)
[/b]

Parrish,

... I appreciate the move over and point by on Saturday. That was awesome!!!! You gave me the opportunity to race for my class win. It is something I always try to do for your class and it was nice of you to return the favor ........ It will not be forgotten........

Ron,

.... Thanks for the parts..... My car was 100% on Sunday, and boy did I need it. Tim Jr made it a whale of a race despite the contact ......... The "red mist" was affecting him...... lol

mattbatson
04-03-2007, 08:54 PM
I was the white SM. I should send you a thank you note.
[/b]

your welcome...

That was some close racing eh?
I think you were motioning for me to bump draft...or was I misinterpreting your hand gestures :D

I guess sometimes it can get a little messy with multiple classes on track at once...
It was tough enough to get around that blue celica, much less avoid all the miata's too.

Great fun...cant wait till roebling

Cherokee,
the opel didnt run in qualifying on sat. and dont remember seeing it in the race either...I think he was having issues with it.
Maybe he will come on and post up some pics.

Does anyone in the ITB race on sat. have video?

Marlboro Mafia
04-03-2007, 09:48 PM
I'm not big on bump drafting. I was just motioning for you to run with me and for the two of us to stop dicing back and forth for a lap or so in order to pull away from the others.

Good race. I watched the turn 13 action in the rear view mirror on the last lap.

mattbatson
04-03-2007, 09:58 PM
ahhh, gotcha.

I shouldve looked ya up after the race, but the pit crew (wife) was hungry and anxious to hit the road...

I'll remember what that hand signal means in the future. :P

Great close racing, that was mostly very clean...I dont think I'll ever forget that race.

cherokee
04-03-2007, 10:21 PM
your welcome...

Cherokee,
the opel didnt run in qualifying on sat. and dont remember seeing it in the race either...I think he was having issues with it.
Maybe he will come on and post up some pics.

[/b]

Thanks, at least I am not the only one. :lol:

Ron Earp
04-03-2007, 10:27 PM
Ron,

.... Thanks for the parts..... My car was 100% on Sunday,

[/b]

No problem, glad to help.

I would have liked to have raced Sunday but the Nippon Electrical Gods did not smile upon me Saturday afternoon. On Saturday night we saw some things in Camden that just should not be. Fortunately we escaped unharmed.

R

mattbatson
04-03-2007, 11:43 PM
video?

mattbatson
04-04-2007, 02:45 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1632951269785731811

Joe-Racer
04-04-2007, 05:24 PM
Joe, that was me, and it was my fault. I owe you and everyone else out there an apology.

Hope you make it to Savannah.
[/b]

Don't sweat it, man. You flew through the corner so quick I figured something wasn't right. Come and introduce yourself at Savannah and share a brew. :birra:

Well I found a roller RX and baring any unforeseen issues, should have the car back together by Roebling. I justify the new body panels because the old ones were heavy and full of bondo. :D

Marlboro Mafia
04-04-2007, 07:30 PM
video?
[/b]

I can send you a DVD if you PM me your address.

Anubis
04-04-2007, 09:03 PM
In the IT7 race, Tom Lyttle checked out with myself, Grover McNair, and John Buenting having (what I think was) a helluva battle. IIRC, I passed Grover on the outside through Faith, Hope, and Charity. John hounded me incessantly throughout until (it seemed like) his tires went away. Apologies to John if I slashed him once or twice. I thought I was in 3rd and didn't want to give up the chance at the "podium". Little did I realize that I was in 2nd. Congrats to both of you. That's by far the best race that I've had in the time I've had my license. Sorry that we all couldn't have gotten trophies. Oh, and John, thanks for not punting me. Not sure I could've had the same restraint.

Scott Franklin
IT7 #91 (on Sunday)
www.NutDriver.org
[/b]

Scott,

Good to hear of the good run, you guys certainly deserve it after all the messes you have been through in the past year. Keep it up!

mattbatson
04-04-2007, 09:19 PM
I can send you a DVD if you PM me your address.
[/b]
Hey, I would really appreciate it...

You know, if you want to save on postage and the trouble of going to the post office...are you going to be a roebling road late this month? I can get it from you there?
pm'd

matt

tbtapper
04-05-2007, 11:46 AM
Kudos to all for pretty clean driving. Saturday was pretty good for me with a 4th PIC.

Poor old RX is getting tired though, started having some "breakup" (fuel or ignition Duh!) in the 5 to 6k range and I could not get off the corners.

Once past 6k it pulled ok to 8k but by then everything I lost off the turn couldn't be made up. I'm sure I PO'ed the IT7 guys 'cause I kept catching them on the straights and balking them off the corners.

Sunday the problem got worse and so I bailed, little bit of slamming and banging in the autocross section between IT7 guys though. Some of it looked retalitory maybe not.

So sorry Jeff, at least there was no metal involved right???

No more racing till the car is running properly don't want to be an impediment out on the track it invites all sorts foolishness.

Wow, how 'bout that weather!!

Travers
ITS 19

instigator
04-06-2007, 10:42 PM
Hey Scott, this is Kurt. How did the new engine preform? Did you finally get your lamda meter and/or EGT gauges installed? Please let me know.

Kurt A Jackson IT7 #00 & #59

NutDriverRighty
04-09-2007, 08:06 AM
Kurt,
PM'd you. Thanks.

Scott