PDA

View Full Version : YAW Carbs

ccasteel
03-19-2007, 11:01 AM
From Paul Yaw's website it appears he no longer will rebuild/modify carbs for the 1st gen IT7 cars. Does anyone know of a comparably talented individual who can do the same thing? My original carb that came with my car is old and tired. I would like to find someone who can modify a spare one I have laying around.

ddewhurst
03-19-2007, 02:51 PM
Being that your from KS why don't you ask Jesse Prather of Prather motorsports (father/son). Jesse builds rotary racing motors & either he will do one or knows where to get one completed. I also have a Yaw which works very good. I have head of others but don't know them to be a factual good carb.

Do you know Scott Peterson from KS? He is a 1st gen RX-7 racer & straight shooter who would guide you correctly.

dickita15
03-19-2007, 04:49 PM
does anyone have any first hand experience with PB&J that frequents the Rx7 board

Speed Raycer
03-19-2007, 04:53 PM
You can try Carl @ PB&J Racing. He rebuilt my SDJ carb and it worked great for the little bit I got to run it . I pretty sure he's still doing carbs but not sure on how quick his turnaround is... from what I've heard other's on the board have had less success getting in touch with him.

www.pbandjracing.com IIRC

I've had a good experiance with Carl/PB&J. I think Jake has had some problems getting in touch with Carl.

mustanghammer
03-19-2007, 10:45 PM
From Paul Yaw's website it appears he no longer will rebuild/modify carbs for the 1st gen IT7 cars. Does anyone know of a comparably talented individual who can do the same thing? My original carb that came with my car is old and tired. I would like to find someone who can modify a spare one I have laying around.
[/b]

Call Charlie Clark 816-257-7305

He can help you with your carb and or sell you a rebuild kit.

miketrier
04-04-2007, 09:07 PM
I don't know if Mike Vansteenburgh at ISC racing services still does them or not. He did mine and it was great out of the box. It's been used since 1999 without a rebuild, without changing jetting and the car is still winning races (with a different driver).

ishod
04-14-2007, 06:00 PM
Hands down the best carb builder for a 12A is Tom Dragoun at 7's Only. In my opinion he's better than Yaw or at least every bit as good. This man knows 1st Gens and is an excellent resource for tuning information. GREAT GUY! If you buy a rebuilt carb from him you will not be disappointed. And the great part is he is almost ALWAYS available to talk you through specific tuning issues on race weekends. I can't say enough great things about Tom and his wife Betty. You've got any question about 1st gen race setup issues and are a customer of theirs, Tom will educate you. http://www.sevensonly.com 661-764-5456.