PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Gen Muffler - Dynomax

mbuskuhl
03-19-2007, 10:22 AM
I've done a little research, looks like Dynomax is the preferred muffler. I know ISC sells the whole setup but I don't want the whole setup. I've got a new exhaust system and want to just replace the muffler. It currently is header, 2.5" pipe, glass pack. I did not do this setup, it came this way but has maybe 10 hours on it. I was going to replace the glasspack with a Dynomax muffler.

Question: How about the Dynomax race series vs. the Ultra Flo SS? I know ISC sells Ultra Flo. Why not the race series? Does it not quiet the rotary enough ? Dynomax claims a 2-4db sound reduction over straigh pipe with the race series. I was going to go with 3" on either one and use a 2.5 to 3" adapter, that way I could go to 3" pipe in the future if I wanted.

23racer
03-21-2007, 02:26 PM
Don't know how it is in comparison to the UltraFlo or the Dynomax, but I use a 3" in and 3" out Borla straight through race muffler. When you look inside it has 5 perforated tubes welded in a pentagon style where the exhaust passes through the centres of the 5 pipes. The pipes are surrounded by stainless wool packing.

My FC DP car makes over 220 RWHP and is one of the quietest cars on track, almost streetable. Oh yeah the best part, the muffler has been on the car for over 6 years with well over 40 race weekends on the system and it is still quiet.

I would seriously recommend the Borla for quiet and longevity. Can't comment on the power comparison as I haven't done any back to backs.

Eric