PDA

View Full Version : IT7 Updates

ccasteel
03-17-2007, 11:36 AM
Does anyone know an easy way to indentify GCR changes in the last few years? I have an IT7 car last raced in 2002. It was legal and up to tech standards at that time. I have been out for a few years and need to know if there are any significant changes I need to make to the car.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Charles Casteel

Speed Raycer
03-17-2007, 12:46 PM
Belts are 2 years now
2" tow eyes
2 doorbars on each side required
Air source for carb has to be inside the engine compartment
<strike>SFI padding around the head</strike>
Weight is now 2280 IIRC

That&#39;s all I recall... do a search and you&#39;ll probably find a few more

Eagle7
03-17-2007, 01:35 PM
SFI padding wasn&#39;t approved.

dickita15
03-17-2007, 01:55 PM
Window net must drop down.
Horizontal bar full width of the cage (when did that change)

tnord
03-18-2007, 11:09 AM
Does anyone know an easy way to indentify GCR changes in the last few years? I have an IT7 car last raced in 2002. It was legal and up to tech standards at that time. I have been out for a few years and need to know if there are any significant changes I need to make to the car.

Charles Casteel
[/b]

the double door bar rule for this year is the big one i think, i don&#39;t believe they have to be NASCAR bars though.

welcome back, and i hope to see you out there. of course i&#39;d rather see you convert to an ITA car, but it&#39;s always good to have more people in the field.

where do you live? i&#39;m also in overland park.

ccasteel
03-18-2007, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the input. Looks like I&#39;ve got a couple things to do before the school in two weeks.

BTW I have a YAW carb and when was cleaning it I turned it upside down and out fell a pin and bearing. I can&#39;t tell where it came from to put it back. Any thoughts on that.

Travis: I&#39;m in south OP near 135th and Quivira.

instigator
03-18-2007, 08:12 PM
Some thing new also if you are going to race in the south east division we have adopted a spec tire compound for the class . Toyo proxi RA1, At this time no specified tire size .You are now able to run anything from a 13in wheel size to a 15in wheel size. Hope to see you around.

Kurt A Jackson IT7 #00 & #59

kbailey
03-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Since IT7 is a region specific class and not part of the GCR remember to check your regions rules. As previously mentioned the SEdiv has the spec tire rule, I don&#39;t know what other region specific rules are out there.

And if you want to send me a picture of the pin and bearing I&#39;ll see if I recognize it. I have rebuilt a couple of stock carbs...we might get lucky.

lateapex911
03-19-2007, 08:24 AM
If the carb was open, I&#39;d look at the float mechanism, as it&#39;s held in with a loose pin. Grosse jets use a bearing, but I think it&#39;s captured and shouldn&#39;t be able to fall out. Interesting question. I can&#39;t think off the top of my head what the bearing could be.

Speed Raycer
03-19-2007, 09:15 AM
IIRC, Yaw was pretty against Grosse jets, so you can probably rule that one out.

MiDiv hasn&#39;t adopted any IT7 specific rules... just follow the IT rules.

Hope to see you out there! My 7 is getting a "new" motor so I&#39;m hoping to get back out there for a few events this year! Hopefully hitting the Double Reg. at HPT

RacerBill
03-19-2007, 11:47 AM
Air source for carb has to be inside the engine compartment
[/b]

"or stock location" - not familiar with RX7

mustanghammer
03-19-2007, 12:21 PM

Charles Casteel
[/b]

Hey is that Charlie Clark&#39;s old car?

welcome back

ccasteel
03-20-2007, 01:17 AM
It is Charlie Clark&#39;s old car, by way of at least one other racer.

Scott, I was hoping to meet you Tomorrow night, but it turns out I may have to leave town in the morning.

mustanghammer
03-20-2007, 09:14 AM
It is Charlie Clark&#39;s old car, by way of at least one other racer.

Scott, I was hoping to meet you Tomorrow night, but it turns out I may have to leave town in the morning.
[/b]

Actually I am not going to the race group meeting because I am still thrashing on my car. Will you be at HPT on the 31st?

It will be good to see that car again. It is the first real race car Charlie let me work on. I was WELL supervised of course!

steve s
03-20-2007, 07:17 PM
the ball goes first in the acellerator pump jet hole. then the pin, then the pump jet & squirter assembly.
hope that helps.