PDA

View Full Version : NARRC/NERRC #1 NHIS

Andy Bettencourt
03-15-2007, 12:33 PM
As Lawton said in the other thread, Registration is open. Who is in?

Andy Bettencourt
09 ITA - Miata - Group 7

And paying attention to the supps, we all knew this was on for this year but it's in there:

"<span style="color:#0000ff">All drivers will be required to have a Medical Information tag attached to their helmet. These will be available at Tech."

</span>

Doc Bro
03-16-2007, 08:55 AM
Was it a shock to anyone that Lawton was the first signed up???

5 weeks is going to go quickly!!!!

Let&#39;s see things to do.......

paint car
vinyl car
add nascar bar to L
install suspension
install motor
install trans
set up car
tune car
sevice truck
service trailer

.......................yup, right on schedule!!

R

almracing
03-16-2007, 09:32 AM
Sounds like my list:

Re-install Transmission
Install new RR Suspension
Install new LR Suspension
New Decals
Alignment
New Window Net (top-down)
Install new Belts
Install new Seat
Corner Weights
Test Day - April 12 <_<

YIKES!!! What am I doing sitting here? :o

Greg Amy
03-16-2007, 09:47 AM
My list:

- Go to VIR for a three-day NASA weekend, shake all the cobwebs off and get back in the groove.
- Show up at NHIS test day to verify track setup.
- Run the first NE race of the year at NHIS against all you rat b******ds.

"A" games needed...

benspeed
03-16-2007, 04:42 PM
Looks like a tranny reinstall - noticed a fine crack in the rear tail shaft of the tranny that holds the drive shaft on the stocker. A tiny bit of fluid tipped me off- the crack was on the top of the housing at 12:00 - couldn&#39;t see it but could feel it. I think of the Jensen Healey thread and the damage done to that car. Wonder what the damage would be at 170 mph if the drive shaft busted loose? Not good. Glad I spotted it. Nice thing is that the stocker has all the state of the art safety components and does have a driveshaft retainer.

The Fiero is really shaping up into a nice car. The motor pulls well and even though I haven&#39;t been to the dyno it feels pretty racey compared to before. Did some autocross testing with it yesterday before we got the snow and it is reall getting dialed in. It is just a cool car. I don&#39;t like the exhaust on it and regretfully will drop more cashola for that. Very close to gutting it for the cage.

If anybody does plan on building a car the most fun way I&#39;ve now discovered is to keep it streetworthy while you do everything else first. I&#39;ve been able to drive it in my neck of the woods and its really nice to see how the upgrades feel. Last car I built I couldn&#39;t hope to get away with a drive on the street. Another reason why the exhaust will be one of the last things also - but it does have a really sweet set of custom built headers on it.

Who got the blizzard today? Nasty in Jersey.

16v
03-17-2007, 12:31 AM
Charge Batteries
Put gear in Pelican
Put Pelican in trunk
Drive to track
Shoot pix
Drink beer

easy as pie B)

JLawton
03-17-2007, 05:56 AM
Charge Batteries
Put gear in Pelican
Put Pelican in trunk
Drive to track
Shoot pix
Freeze ass off
Drink beer

easy as pie B)
[/b]

More like it ^

16v
03-17-2007, 08:37 AM
mind over weather :114:

benspeed
03-17-2007, 08:42 AM
Fiero makes for a great doughnut mobile and is light enough to pull out of snowbanks with a snowmobile. :snow_cool: Great for horrifying wife and sister in-law too!

lateapex911
03-17-2007, 01:16 PM
Fiero makes for a great doughnut mobile and is light enough to pull out of snowbanks with a snowmobile. :snow_cool: Great for horrifying wife and sister in-law too! [/b]

I&#39;d modify that, in my case with, "Great for testing girlfriend, and future (or not, if test fails), sister in law too"....

Andy Bettencourt
03-17-2007, 01:22 PM
I don&#39;t think Jake Gulik races anymore.

benspeed
03-17-2007, 02:21 PM
If you can get her to take a snowboard and get pulled by the snowmobile with a waterski rope she&#39;s a keeper - I told both of &#39;em that I needed to test each (seperately or together :biggrinsanta: ) to determine if they were both "fully optimized" but that was refused.

RSTPerformance
03-18-2007, 11:55 AM
Where is the "club racing" link on the ner.org website (I can&#39;t find it and I know I saw it before)? I am trying to look at registration info for the April Scool... I am trying to convince a friend to run the school but need the $$$ info.

Raymond

Andy Bettencourt
03-18-2007, 12:05 PM
Where is the "club racing" link on the ner.org website (I can&#39;t find it and I know I saw it before)? I am trying to look at registration info for the April Scool... I am trying to convince a friend to run the school but need the $$$ info.

Raymond [/b]

Bottom of the page.

RSTPerformance
03-18-2007, 12:08 PM
Bottom of the page.
[/b]

I think that the buttons have disapeared :( I see the e-mail classifieds and merchandise links but that is it...

Raymond

TimM ITB
03-18-2007, 03:00 PM
Raymond; below the "email lists" "classifieds" etc are the links to club racing, rally, etc. Once you click on "club racing" go to "event information" and you&#39;ll see the link to "register for events online".

later,

Tim M

JLawton
03-18-2007, 03:10 PM
I&#39;m callin&#39; Dave Gran out with his new ITA car. Let&#39;s see if you&#39;ve got what it takes to run in ITA!! Or are you going to let Melissa drive it??

Andy Bettencourt
03-18-2007, 03:47 PM
I think that the buttons have disapeared :( I see the e-mail classifieds and merchandise links but that is it...

Raymond [/b]

All the way...picture of a Neon and a 911...

Here is the link: http://www.ner.org/rr/index.htm

RSTPerformance
03-18-2007, 04:35 PM
Thanks Andy...

For some reason the links are not showing up on my computer, but I can get to what I need with the link Andy posted.

Thanks again;

Raymond

Dave what is this ITA stuff???

benspeed
03-18-2007, 05:34 PM
I&#39;m callin&#39; Dave Gran out with his new ITA car. Let&#39;s see if you&#39;ve got what it takes to run in ITA!! Or are you going to let Melissa drive it??
[/b]

Now this is going to make for some great entertainment value!

Tkczecheredflag
03-18-2007, 08:20 PM
Is this snow going to melt in time - no way I&#39;m getting to the trailer in the near future - it&#39;s buried deep.

lateapex911
03-19-2007, 08:36 AM
I don&#39;t think Jake Gulik races anymore. [/b]

Well, after the crap that has fallen from the sky, my trailer, with the car inside, isn&#39;t moving for a week or so, so it&#39; looks more like April testing for me.....

Greg Amy
03-19-2007, 08:52 AM
Ditto. I&#39;m buried too, but I&#39;m supposed to go to VIR in a couple of weekends...

benspeed
03-19-2007, 09:29 AM
I just got the word from my shop that my trans tail shaft is a specially manufuctured piece made of magnesium and is on back order - and also costs $500 - ouch!

I just hope I make the opener! Focus now goes to the Fiero and getting that cage in - maybe I will give Lawton some torment - heck all you guys! Seems like ITA is the leading post class on the forum. Perhaps the most competitive too!

Andy Bettencourt
03-19-2007, 10:26 AM
...maybe I will give Lawton some torment - heck all you guys! [/b]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dominojd
03-19-2007, 02:18 PM
maybe I will give Lawton some torment - [/b]

That seemms to be the trend around here. :D

All I know is I&#39;m ready to go.

Except for the car still on jack stands, no trans in it, need new master cylinder, have to get shocks, no header or exhaust, and need some brake pads. Beside them few items good to go.

BobsAuto
03-26-2007, 09:12 AM
Ok, you guys, just an update on the weather up here. We are officially into mud season in Loudon. If the weather stays like it is, the snow will be gone and hopefully the mud dried up before the first event.

Also, if anyone needs crew, I AM available so pm me if you need help that weekend.