PDA

View Full Version : Do not try this at home.

gsbaker
03-15-2007, 06:18 AM
This showed up on a circle track forum:

<blockquote>I got a idea for a low budget hans devise....

I call it the d.i.r.t (Ducktape Injury Reducing Thing)

installation:
1:
Tie 24" long string to halo bar
tie other end of string to utility knife (or any other knife that will accept a string)
Position knife so it is suspended within easy reach of driver

Note...explain to driver that the knife is sharp will swing around cockpit while racing...caution is suggested.

2:
Get your roll of ducktape out of the tool box....

note...If you do not have a roll of ducktape you really have no business racing in the first place.

use:
1:
driver gets into car as normal

2:
crew member tapes drivers helmet to the back of the seat using many horizontal wraps.
warning...be sure to wrap only the upper part of helmet above visor. If tape is wrapped over the entire front of helmit and visor many potential problems can ensue.

In the event of an accident the D.i.r.t. will hold drivers head in a safe position. Exiting the car is easy. Simply reverse the steps taken when driver got in.

In the need of an emergency exit of the car... (such as up-side down and on fire while in the track pond) simply locate the utility knife and carefully cut ducktape wrap to get out of car.

Note... Don&#39;t Panic being flipped upside down in a pond while on fire is perfectly safe so long as you take your time and follow these directions.

Note...In case utility knife was lost in the wreck a back-up plan is available....simply undo chin strap and slid head out of helmet leaving the whole thing still taped to the seat. Helmet can then be removed later by crewmen (or your self after returning from the plastic surgeon)

I got a patent on it so if it works and you copy it I will sue you.....of course if if doesn&#39;t work and you copy it your family probably will be suing me.</blockquote>

:)

ddewhurst
03-15-2007, 08:31 AM
^ Stolen from the Red Green show. :wacko: :blink: ;)

RacerBill
03-15-2007, 09:56 AM
NO, NO, NO - Use #2 is wrong. You wrap the duck tape all around the helmet (including the visor) and then use the knife to cut a slit in the tape for the driver to see out!!!!!!!

Almost as funny as his attempt to mod a car with gull wing doors operated by a chain drive garage opener, or the platform and lifts that came out to let you change a tire while the car was moving!