PDA

View Full Version : 1st gen tubs

Joe Harlan
03-06-2007, 09:44 PM
I go to a car auction once a month and there is always one or two good first gen cars there and they can be had reasonable. Are rust free cars getting hard to get and would there be any value in these things on the other side of the country. I am not looking to make a living just trying to maybe help out with decent starter cars. Shoot me some feedback.

x-ring
03-07-2007, 08:57 AM
They're still easy to find around here, where nothing but old Datsuns rust.

I'm probably offered about one per year for free just to haul it away. Not sure what I'd do with it... :blink:

lateapex911
03-07-2007, 12:16 PM
From what I hear, the number of sevicible major engine components is starting to dry up ( (12A that is)

ddewhurst
03-07-2007, 12:19 PM
***From what I hear, the number of sevicible major engine components is starting to dry up ( (12A that is)***

Jake, which parts house/motor builders is your source for drying up 12A parts?

lateapex911
03-07-2007, 12:27 PM
I got my engine from ISC, and he said he was either getting out of the 12A biz altogether, or doing one off work as he couldn't source the components he needs at what he considered reasonable prices and in a reasonable time frame.

CaptainWho
03-07-2007, 11:28 PM
Yep, ISC told us the same thing, wow, at least a year ago. Sunbelt just redid our engine, and it was less expensive than I expected, coming in at like 3600, IIRC, including R&R, clutch install, brake m/c, and something else. There's also a guy up near Asheville, NC, whos name I can't remember right now that told us he could do it back last summer or so.