PDA

View Full Version : Boxster coilovers

ldp82
03-05-2007, 10:39 PM
Has any one set up a Boxster with a JIC-Cross competition coilovers? How do you like them? Trying to keep the car PCA E-class and IT legal but well set up. Looking to run 7kg/mm front and 8kg/mm rear on M030 sway bars and full monoball suspension. Any comparisons to PSS9’s or H&R clubsports coilovers or the like.
Thanks for your help
-Luke

Fastfred92
03-08-2007, 09:38 AM
I have no idea what 7kg/mm or 8kg/mm is in real world terms but I looked at a Boxster that ran in some canadian race series a few years ago and they had crazy rates like 600 ft and 850 rear ( I bet it turned real well )....... I have never seen the JIC stuff but I am sure the H&R and PSS9 is a little light for all out track duty. I have seen some 996's with revalved and heavier springs on PSS9's and have heard that KW make some track kits for Boxster's ( I am sure JRZ and Ohlins makes stuff too, big $$$ )

Andy Bettencourt
03-08-2007, 01:04 PM
Speedsource may be a source for info. They ran some Boxsters in GAC the first few years.

dj10
03-08-2007, 01:44 PM
Has any one set up a Boxster with a JIC-Cross competition coilovers? How do you like them? Trying to keep the car PCA E-class and IT legal but well set up. Looking to run 7kg/mm front and 8kg/mm rear on M030 sway bars and full monoball suspension. Any comparisons to PSS9's or H&R clubsports coilovers or the like.
Thanks for your help
-Luke
[/b]

Check with Steinel's Autowerks in Twinsburg, Ohio they may have set one up or info to set one up.