PDA

View Full Version : FireballPhil on Musclecar

CDS
03-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Just saw the episode of "Musclecar" on Spike TV where Phil from Memphis teched the cage on the vintage Mustang. Very cool! :OLA: :023:

So what class are they building that car for? GT1? Doesn't seem legal for anything else.

m glassburner
03-04-2007, 12:55 PM
I believe it's the unlimited cmc for nasa...#19 omni mdg. B)

R2 Racing
03-04-2007, 02:30 PM
I watched that this morning too. That Mustang is going to be freaking insane!

FireballPhil
03-05-2007, 01:13 PM
I wished that MuscleCar had told me whent it would be on air so I completely missed it. I will also miss the reair if it shows again this Saturday since I will be at the track all weekend. If someone just happened to tape it I would buy a copy.

That car will be "sweet" when they finish. It will be a street legal track car with a tube frame and stereo and interior. Lou and crew took the entire existing chassis out and is substituting a custom tube frame. HorsePower TV built a 401cubic inch fuel injected motor to be put in the Mustang. About the only class it can run in SCCA would be Super Production. NASA has a class very similar that it also fit but I don't know what it is.

Phil

Gregg
03-05-2007, 01:51 PM
I find it funny that Lou, when introducing the project, said that the car was being built for the NASA "outlaw" class, but everytime safety regs are quoted they specify what "SCCA requires" and they call in SCCA Chief Scruitineer, Fireball Phil.

I wonder why that is. :P

CDS
03-05-2007, 05:39 PM
Where do they tape those shows? And, I've always wondered, how many people do they have behind the scenes to do most of the work that Lou and the other guy seem to be doing themselves? :D

If I ever hit the lottery, I want a shop like the one on Musclecar, and a dyno like the one on Horsepower!

FireballPhil
03-06-2007, 11:21 AM
Gregg,

NASA uses SCCA safety rules. And an SCCA log book is accepted by NASA. They did a good bit of research on how to approach the rule/logbook situation. Not sure but I believe that I was the closest tech available.

Craig,

In the shop with me was Lou, Jarrod his assistant, the camera man, the light man, and the director. The whole atmosphere was very laid back. A lot of cutting up and jokes flying and I had to get involved too. At one point while on camera, Lou asked me how I like the car. I told him that I liked it and couldn't wait to drive it. Did that make it on the show? And that shop is totally awesome. Mega room in there. I also got to tour the Horsepower shop and saw that dyno and also the Extremem 4x4 shop and talked to Ian for about 15 minutes. Oh, and at one point while I was there, was stand arm to arm with Courtney! :P

Phil

charrbq
03-06-2007, 05:29 PM
I can hear it now...sitting on the grid at the 5 minute warning and someone wearing their sweater over their shoulders will scream at an anonymous stooge to check Phil's makeup!

CDS
03-06-2007, 06:43 PM
Phil, I didn't record it but I'll set my cable/DVR box to record all of them and see if I can catch it again. Don't know if they re-air them at other times. If I get it I'll make you a copy.

FireballPhil
03-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Chris,

I knew that I could depend on you to come up with some !@##$$^&*&#^ remark! :happy204:

Craig,

I was told by someone here at work that it was going to reair sometime this Saturday and I think it was 11:30am. Not 100% sure though. And I haven't checked their web site lately either.

See you this weekend,

Phil

riharris
03-08-2007, 10:21 AM
Famous last words from Drew when he sees Phil on TV

YOU SUCK!

charrbq
03-08-2007, 11:02 AM
Phil,
I try to remain consistant on matters of great importance such as this! You guys have fun this weekend. Wish I could be there, but the car is far from ready. I'll be there in May...got the license this week.

CDS
03-08-2007, 11:09 AM
We'll be thinking about you Chris. Looks like only 2 in ITC so far, hope we get a couple more.

charrbq
03-08-2007, 12:42 PM
I know, it really chaps my tostados that I can't be there. I've run many times as the only C car, and now, I would have a class...and fun. Well, this will give you guys a reason to get busy and learn how to go fast so you can't use that as an excuse in May! lol

Now that Rebstock has sold his car, we can all have a good time!

charrbq
03-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Since I couldn't run and play this weekend, I made an effort to see "Famous Phil" on TV. Believe it or not, I actually learned something. He gave me a good idea on where to locate my second door bar that was not only what I was thinking about, but much easier to pull off.

I was wondering how he managed to walk with all that smoke blown up his butt by Lou. :lol:

By the way Phil, check the makeup, that Brad Pitt look you were going for fell just a little bit short. :D