PDA

View Full Version : Steering Rack Boots for 240Z

240zdave
03-03-2007, 07:29 PM
Does anyone know where to buy steering rack boots that fit? I ordered a pair from Victoria British / Blackdragon, and the diameter of the big end is too large. I tried NAPA this afternoon with the same result. I think NAPA and Victoria buy from the same manufacturer. I found some at Courtesy Nissan online; haven't yet checked with my local Nissan dealer. Probably should have started with them first.

pballance
03-03-2007, 07:44 PM
You might want to check advance auto parts online. They carry Beck Arnley as well as a cheaper line. I have had VERY good luck finding Z parts through them. Shipped to the store about 3 miles down the street at no cost. Have you checked MSA?

Paul

240zdave
03-04-2007, 08:01 PM
I have not tried ordering Z parts from Advanced. I know Motorsports Auto lists them in their catalog. In fact, I have found several sources for them. The problem is, I think a lot of them are carrying what appears to be the same universal rack boot that just does not fit properly. The big end is too large, and the small end is too tight. Courtesy Nissan online has them. They are a little pricey, but a Nissan dealer should have the correct part. Not realizing the parts I ordered are the wrong thing until the Saturday I needed them is frustrating, and the Nissan parts departments are closed until Monday. I'll probably find the right ones tomorrow.