PDA

View Full Version : New Log Book for New Class? Or keep old one?

tom91ita
03-02-2007, 09:17 PM
the original log book is getting close to full and there is an entry / item that needs to be fixed before going on track (a cracked turn signal lens).

for going from ITB to GP, the turn signal lens needs to be removed and will not be an issue. but i plan to run the car in both classes this year.

do i change the logbook back and forth from ITB to GP or do i just get a new "GP" logbook and present whichever logbook is for the configuration that the car has for that weekend?

tia, tom

OTLimit
03-02-2007, 09:43 PM
When we changed over the ITB car so that it was dual purpose, it got a second "front page" if I remember correctly; but we continued to use the log book.

MMiskoe
03-02-2007, 09:52 PM
I did this once & the tech guy wanted me to get a whole new book. But then I asked what would happen if I got severe damage written up in one, I'd just run the car in the other class & they'd never know about the damage.

He just marked the page where the annual was done w/ the new class.

I had a similar conversation when I had a car that had run w/ EMRA and they stamped the SCCA book. SCCA tech didn't like EMRA's stamp in the book until I gave him similar logic to what I wrote above.

Just run the same book until it fills up, then staple the new one to the back of the old to make them one.

Matt

x-ring
03-05-2007, 08:57 AM
See 9.2.1.B

"Only one Logbook shall be issued for each vehicle (other than as a continuation of the original or replacement). ... The possession of two Logbooks for one vehicle shall be deemed a breach of the rules under 2.1.3 ..."

Local tech should know this, but all it takes is for them to make an entry in the book at the time of the annual inspection noting the class change, as Matt said.

keycom
03-05-2007, 02:37 PM
Don't want to steal this thread, but how is it possible to run the same car in both ITB and GP?

Doesn't GP require the cage to run through the firewall?

Just curious, since I have a car that could run either class depending on prep. :018:

Thanks.

dickita15
03-05-2007, 03:18 PM
Doesn't GP require the cage to run through the firewall?
[/b]

No, the forward cage bars are not required. You do have to do some optional IT things, fuel cell, windshield clips and door glass. I think the only other thing is remove the lights for Prod and put them back for IT

keycom
03-05-2007, 03:47 PM
Aha . . . . thanks!

Lael Cleland
03-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Is there any thing about not being able to touch the pedals, or steering wheel when i drive it in prod?