PDA

View Full Version : New Lime Rock Website

gran racing
02-27-2007, 07:00 PM
I saw a picture of no name straight, and it really got me ready to get out on the track. Check out the new site. My only complaint was I couldn't find my name in the Lime Rock's Legends page. What's up with that? Gesh!

Lime Rock's Web Site (http://www.limerock.com)

Oh, for all of us IT.com addicts: Wi-Fi isn't just for the office…

Speaking of fully connected, that's another nice touch on offer at Lime Rock Park—Free high-speed wireless internet access throughout the Park. So even if you are roughing it in camping, enjoying a fine wine in the hospitality area, or just looking online for the most scenic route home from the track, you can enjoy access to the internet all over the track.

tcpip
02-27-2007, 11:48 PM
Was just about to make the comment about free wi-fi. Hmm...

Jeremy Billiel
02-28-2007, 08:44 AM
It's just OK for me. I found navigation to be not very friendly to find certain data you knew where it was before.

16v
02-28-2007, 09:02 AM
When it first went live it took me about 10 min to figure everything out. Nothing like the super useful ner.org ;)

one thing about the wifi. I'd be interested to know if it will actually be up for club events or just the "big" race weekends. I know at other tracks like Sebring, and Road Atlanta there was wireless but it was only turned up during their large events.

lateapex911
02-28-2007, 12:00 PM
Cool web site, but they really didn't use the real estate of the screen well. Too bad, some of it is gorgeous.

Wifi? Cool! Now, how about getting the biggest cel service (verizon) to have coverage there!?

Only 8 test days this year, and two will probably be restricted.

RKramden
02-28-2007, 08:37 PM
Now you know why they jacked the rental rate for the track up to the sky.

Someone has to pay for all the WiFi and web site work....

gran racing
03-01-2007, 08:00 AM
Oh gesh. We complain if it's not there, we complain if it isn't. :rolleyes:

Depending upon how they utilize the WiFi, it could be a very, very good thing. At least for their big events, it would be great to have a site live with updated places within classes among other things.

Jeremy Billiel
03-01-2007, 08:07 AM
I agree with you Jake the pages are way too small and I hate the scrolling to read everything!

Greg Amy
03-01-2007, 08:11 AM
"New Web Site! New Logo!"

(how about)

"New Pavement!"

JamesB
03-01-2007, 09:38 AM
(how about)

"New Pavement!"
[/b]

who needs that?

robits325is
03-01-2007, 09:49 AM
(how about)

"New Pavement!"
[/b]

Maybe 'Pave the Park' meant the paddock.

16v
03-01-2007, 10:28 PM
Wifi? Cool! Now, how about getting the biggest cel service to have coverage there!?

[/b]

Jake, the biggest cell provider in North America does have coverage there. Cingular's cell site is up near the chalet - works pissah :023: