PDA

View Full Version : ECU Rule input

Andy Bettencourt
02-25-2007, 01:13 PM
If you feel like none of the 3 options is the right way to go, feel free to draft your own rule and explain your reasoning. Great response so far. Rivaled only by spec tire input in Spec Miata! :happy204:

Thanks!

Jeremy Billiel
02-25-2007, 02:13 PM
I have to send my letter in, but I am in favor of only making modifications that can be made by desoldering the chip and replacing it.

Greg Amy
02-25-2007, 03:04 PM
I have to send my letter in, but I am in favor of only making modifications that can be made by desoldering the chip and replacing it.[/b]
That would be Door Number 2.

Andy Bettencourt
02-25-2007, 03:11 PM
That would be Door Number 2. [/b]

http://wuzzadem.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/door_2.jpg

lateapex911
02-25-2007, 05:03 PM
Maybe we'll have this lady reveal the answer....

spnkzss
02-25-2007, 07:51 PM
Would it be possible to just create a poll and send that in? We don't need another thread related to it explaining why they voted the way they did. Just a simple poll. 1, 2, or 3.

tnord
02-25-2007, 08:04 PM
Would it be possible to just create a poll and send that in? We don't need another thread related to it explaining why they voted the way they did. Just a simple poll. 1, 2, or 3.
[/b]

they rightfully wouldn't place any value whatsoever in an online poll. writing a letter and including your name and membership # means something.

xr4racer
02-25-2007, 08:28 PM
I am in favor of letting the competitor do anything in regards to the ECU. Replace with Motec, Wolf, AEM, Hondata, build your own if you want. If this is the rule no one will be excluded. This is the way that the tuners of today are going and the current rule makes you spend more money than having an open ECU rule. At least all of the owners will have the same opportunity to tune their cars. The current rule works for some makes and not others.

Matt Miller
ITS RX-7 with stock ECU-rev limit

Andy Bettencourt
02-25-2007, 08:33 PM
they rightfully wouldn't place any value whatsoever in an online poll. writing a letter and including your name and membership # means something. [/b]

http://thebluelizardlounge.com/images/gambling_images/bingo_win.jpg

Seriously, this isn't intended to duplicate a thread, it's to let people know they don't have to vote for 1, 2 or 3 - I would love to see hybrid ideas - or ANY odea you think is better than the 3. There is ALWAYS a better idea out there. We may or may not have hit it. You tell us if we have.

Greg Amy
02-25-2007, 08:57 PM
I am in favor of letting the competitor do anything in regards to the ECU...[/b]
Door Number Three...

tdw6974
02-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Door Number Three...
[/b]
And Door # 1 is leave them Stock or stock with rev limit removed? TW :eclipsee_steering:

Andy Bettencourt
02-25-2007, 09:21 PM
And Door # 1 is leave them Stock or stock with rev limit removed? TW :eclipsee_steering: [/b]

Nope. Door #1 is leave the rule as is. #2 is chipped or flashed. #3 is open her up with free ECU, free sensors and free wires.

xr4racer
02-25-2007, 10:05 PM
#3 is the only one that can be policed, because you do not have to police it, anything goes. Then you just have to look for stock injectors and forget about the computer .

Matt

Greg Amy
02-26-2007, 10:17 AM
Seriously, this isn't intended to duplicate a thread, it's to let people know they don't have to vote for 1, 2 or 3...[/b]
As such, it would be interesting to hear from folks how they "voted" (although I sinerely hope this is not being considered a democracy, instead being used for membership input before grown-ups make a sound, reasonable decision.)

To that end, I'm going to create a poll. No discussion, just when you send in your letter post anonymously what direction you went in...

lateapex911
02-26-2007, 12:40 PM
#3 is the only one that can be policed, because you do not have to police it, anything goes. Then you just have to look for stock injectors and forget about the computer .

Matt [/b]
No, actually, reread it. It is very specific in what you CAN do. If it doesn't say you CAN do something, you can't.

Like add crank angle sensors, or add wires to injectors or ..or...or...

Get it?

xr4racer
02-26-2007, 05:27 PM
As I read it you will be able to add certain sensors for some sytems. I was taking this as it would be detemined later
matt

lateapex911
02-26-2007, 05:34 PM
To be clear, as it is currently worded, if you want to add a TPS you may. If you want to add a MAP, you may. And you may substitute equal sensors for those already installed. If your choice of EMS works best with a certain temp sensor have at it, in other words.

Eagle7
02-27-2007, 10:00 AM
To be clear, as it is currently worded, if you want to add a TPS you may. If you want to add a MAP, you may. And you may substitute equal sensors for those already installed. If your choice of EMS works best with a certain temp sensor have at it, in other words. [/b]

That's exactly how I understood it. The only part I wasn't sure about was whether a substituted sensor could add "associated wiring", or if the new sensor must connect to the stock unmodified harness.