PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, another door bar question

KarsRgood
02-24-2007, 12:16 PM
I'm sorry, but I try keep up with the posts but just want to clarify that what I'm about to do will be legal. As we all know it says that NASCAR style or "X" style bars are permitted, not mandatory. So if I weld two bars that are horizontal to the ground that connect the front and main hoop, I should be okay, correct? That way I have the two required door bars. Please steer me right if this is not the case.

Also, if I did do the "X" style on one side, do they have to bisect each other or can the two pass by each other close enough that I can weld them together without cutting one in half?

Let me know if that makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

dickita15
02-24-2007, 01:32 PM
as long as you have a minimum of 2 bars you are okay and you can weld them together if you want.

lateapex911
02-24-2007, 03:57 PM
Yes, the requiremnts are rather loose on this, so you can actually create a "NASCAR" setup that isn't what you see in Nextel Cup. All in all, it's a good rule.

KarsRgood
02-24-2007, 09:26 PM
Great, really appreciate the help guys. :023:

CDS
02-26-2007, 10:20 AM
This is a very timely thread for me too, since I am about to redo my door bars this week. I have a related question: I have to add a second bar to the passenger side. As I read the rules, I can gut the passenger door if I run the bars into the door. Do both bars need to protrude into the door? My plan is to leave the existing bar in place and add a second one below it that extends slightly into the door. Is this legal?

lateapex911
02-26-2007, 12:37 PM
Yes, IIRC, the definition of "Nascar" bars is rather loose. Reread it to be sure of course. (And there are some who feel that keeping the bar a bit away from the door allows any impacts to produce lower G-loads, as opposed to pushing the bar right up to the door skin/internal door bar)