PDA

View Full Version : how long does it take to get novice permit?

anrkii
02-23-2007, 03:03 AM
just wondering,

I sent off for my # and novice permit at the same time, two weeks ago, I got confirmation of my permanent #, but nothing on the novice permit.
my first school is in a month, and I cant register yet cause my permits not in.

Think I should call and bug someone about it? who?

RSTPerformance
02-23-2007, 06:14 AM
Call SCCA Membership # and ask if they recieved your info. It usually takes a few weeks to process. Also if you are worried check with the regisra for the school you are entering, I am sure that they will wiave any late fees expecially if you contact them in advance.

Raymond

Gary L
02-23-2007, 07:49 AM
To whom did you send the application? For instance, getting in touch with the national office could be a waste of time if you sent the app to someone at the regional or divisional level.

JamesB
02-23-2007, 09:17 AM
I had to use national for my novice permit, it took about 3 weeks to get it back from them once I sent all the forms filled out, the pictures and the fee.

tom_sprecher
02-23-2007, 09:31 AM
I got mine in 12/05 and I was amazed at how quick the turnaround was. IIRC it took a week or so. Call National and ask for membership. They have been very helpful to me in the past.

Hopefully I can get a couple of races in this year so I can see how long it takes to get a regional license.

lateapex911
02-23-2007, 09:33 AM
I would make a call. Squeaky wheel and all that.

I'd also register when I felt I needed to to ensure space or beat the late fee, and just write "pending" in the areas where you need to. You can show them the real deal at the track and all will be good. Maybe include a note to the registrar to tell them whats up, but they'll probably know.

JamesB
02-23-2007, 10:15 AM
Thats exactly what I had to do when I registered but my car didnt have an SCCA log book yet (had a waterford hills.)

cmaclean
02-23-2007, 03:51 PM
The trick I've found dealing with the SCCA is always to call them. If you use email they appear as a giant red tape machine. But if you call and talk to someone they are always the nicest people. They'll tell you exactly where your application is and when to expect it.

JamesB
02-23-2007, 04:11 PM
I was about to call when it showed up in the mail. Everyone I spoke to before I sent it just to make sure I had all the paperwork done right told me expect 2-3 weeks.

joeg
02-23-2007, 04:28 PM
Do you belong to a SCCA region? Novice log books are sold by the Region. Folks bring me a copy of their medical, driver's license, photos and SCCA membership card and I sell them their novice log book. After they run their schools--hopefully suceessfully--they run their regionals on the log book and then forward it to Topeka for a regular license.

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

Of course if you are also trying to join SCCA for the first time, I can see your issues, but regions do help new members--pretty efficiently.

JamesB
02-23-2007, 04:30 PM
we didnt have someone trained in that position in 2005. WDCR might have someone filling the position now but not back then.