PDA

View Full Version : ATV?

IPRESS
02-22-2007, 09:58 PM
Anybody ever bought one of those Chinese ATVs. The warehouse they ship them from is here in Ft. Worth. They are tempting pricewise. We are talking much less then a grand for a small one that would tote my presently to heavy self. They also look ok, but at times so do I!

JLawton
02-23-2007, 08:02 AM
The problem comes when you need parts. Some of them are impossible to get................

planet6racing
02-23-2007, 08:36 AM
The problem comes when you need parts. Some of them are impossible to get................
[/b]

Kind of like race parts for a Saturn... :D

JamesB
02-23-2007, 09:14 AM
Just break out the plastic welder....

parts are parts usually, though I stick with major brands because of cheaper support if it where me. I would like to find an old 150 or 250 4 stroke for a pit bike, but for now I can handle having my mountain bike.

cherokee
02-23-2007, 10:01 AM
There are a couple of different.....ah...classes of the chinese stuff. Some are good some are not.
Find out what "brand" they sell and do some internet checking.

If you are going to use one as a pit bike I would say I doubt that you would have any trouble with it, loctite every bolt you can find. The plastic is very brittle.

I bought my kid a chinese dirt bike and the thing has been fantastic he has beat the crap out of it and it still is going strong, and it is crazy fast....too fast, but kids will be kids and dads will be dads.

I hope the following is ok to post here:
Check out the www.thumpertalk.com and look in the Dualsport section of the threads, mostly doing with bikes but you can get an idea of who to steer clear from, as well as a ton of links.

I am thinking of getting one myself, just on the experence of the bike that I got my kid, perfect pit bike, even the small ones have e-start.