PDA

View Full Version : Willow Springs

Joe Harlan
02-20-2007, 11:18 PM
I know John Norris is gonna be there. Anyone else? I will be down working with a couple of vintage cars on friday and thought I would stay the weekend to meet some folks.

JoshS
02-20-2007, 11:46 PM
I was there for this race last year, but can't make it this year. Have fun down there!

Joe Harlan
02-21-2007, 01:05 AM
I was there for this race last year, but can't make it this year. Have fun down there!
[/b]

Josh, that T2 hotrod isn't gonna sell sittin in the garage...Tell your wife it will sell better at willow springs... :)
SHould be a fun deal I have never been there and I am getting to work on some cool old Datsun stuff..(its good to be me sometimes) :eclipsee_steering:

JoshS
02-21-2007, 01:20 AM
It's not all the wife's fault -- I'm not sure I'm ready to leave the 4-week-old for a long weekend yet, and we're not prepared to travel with him yet!

Joe Harlan
02-21-2007, 01:27 AM
It's not all the wife's fault -- I'm not sure I'm ready to leave the 4-week-old for a long weekend yet, and we're not prepared to travel with him yet!
[/b]

4 weeks, I guess I missed that...the little one needs brake dust ASAP to secure its fate as a gearhead like the rest of us.... :P Enjoy the time racing will still be there (maybe) when you get back.

Joe Harlan
02-25-2007, 10:24 PM
Hey this was great fun nice track, very fast. I am gonna drag my hotrod down the next time I go there. Norris opened up a can of whoop ass on the field. Nice BMW but I think it has a little to do with the driver. Honsowetz had his Z31 300zx out and it is a very nice car. If you have ever read any of his car prep books you would guess the car is engineered like a prototype car. Met some really fun people and had every kind of weather from snow to sunshine. Thanks to CalClub for the hospitality.

Olitho
02-27-2007, 06:27 AM
It is with great honor I make my first post on this forum. In doing so I can pay tribute to The Great One, Mr. Norris. I had a great race with John Norris in his BMW in Group 6. I am his "Biatch" who came in second behind him. There is a lot of good video of me chasing him.

Norris drove an outstanding race. I got bumped, my fault, by Chad Holzer and spin on Turn 4 at minute 16:30. Chad is a brave man and to his credit, when pressured, he will not yield an inch.

I did get the fastest lap of the race though.

The music at the end is a special tribute to Mr. Norris.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3877069708803198798

Sunday's race is even better, but I accidentally turned my camera off right at the start. [:'(]

Norris and I changed positions about 5 or 6 times in Sunday's race. It does not get much better than that!