PDA

View Full Version : need help with 1984 rabbit gti

bjones12142
02-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Hey everybody thanks for reading my post here.

ok down to buisness i just recently saved a 1984 vw rabbit gti from a man's back yard under 4 foot of snow and ice. its a crazy story i went to an auction to bid on a 88 honda crx si (which turned out to be a rust bucket) when a fellow bidder offered me a look at an older gti right down the road at a friends house. after about an hour of snow removal i found a gem. heres the kicker 5 years inactive not a speck of even surface rust on the body, and underside is clean (of course you will have some surface rust on the underside, and some surface mold, but you know what i mean) and all it needed was a fuel pump i fired it this afternoon. 250 bucks and a flat bed charge cause he had a few other toys in the way.

moving on.... since this is such a soild car i decided to drive it to save some cash on gas (i am sick of feeding my silverado) while i gather up performance parts to put it on the track. what i am hoping to gain from you fine folks is some information on brands for parts basically the most bang for my buck. i was hoping to get some online sources but any will help at this time. also if their is anyone out there with a current rabbit racer pictures would be awesome. i am by no means a vw expert i drove a couple rabbit diesels and have always been a fan of VW and its engineering so any little bit of info you have would be fantastic.

thanks for your help,
Bob
ps the user name refers to the car, eventhough i enjoy a furry friend from time to time i def prefer the VW version.

JLawton
02-20-2007, 06:42 AM
If you are looking to race it, this is the place to ask questions. If you are looking to just hop it up (pun intended) go to vwvortex.com. That is the place for VW info.... Just remember, you get what you pay for...........

I would start by putting a V8 in it!!! ;)

lateapex911
02-20-2007, 09:36 AM
There's always Bildon..............

Click on any link here! Owner seems like an OK guy too.....

racer_tim
02-20-2007, 10:25 AM
Bob, go to the VW section of this site, and post your question there. You'll be amazed by the responses you'll receive.

I assume that your not on the left coast?

Shoot me an e-mail if you want additional information. Sig is at the bottom.