PDA

View Full Version : Only 8 1/2 More Weeks......

JLawton
02-18-2007, 08:58 AM
til the first race!! It seems like a loooong ways away!!

Cars in the shop getting some little things cleared up. Found a couple of "small" issues with the suspension......... :o Hmmmmm, I wonder how much better it will handle now!! Bad news is, I have to start from scratch on the set up!! :( I can deal with that!!

Still need to send the hood out for a paint job (one of the few parts that isn't plastic.......)

Can't wait!!

16v
02-18-2007, 09:54 AM
I thought racing begins today? Yeehaw for the Daytona 500

:unsure:

Greg Amy
02-18-2007, 10:02 AM
Found a couple of "small" issues with the suspension...[/b]
"Small"?!?!? Yeah, right. I'm surprised you were able to drive that thing last year...

R2 Racing
02-18-2007, 10:33 AM
Still 12 friggin' weeks for me. :( Damn the :snow_cool: !

Good luck with the fixes/up-grades, Jeff.

JLawton
02-20-2007, 07:12 AM
OK, so no one from the NE is excited for the NHIS race like I am??? Is anyone else going????

I know Andy is..................

Any students planning on signing up for the school?

gran racing
02-20-2007, 07:45 AM
I'll get much more excited once Matt stops adding things to my list of items to replace and I hear the engine start up. Jeff, I was looking at your car and noticed a few things that could use replacing too. :P

JLawton
02-20-2007, 09:51 AM
Jeff, I was looking at your car and noticed a few things that could use replacing too. :P
[/b]

Yeah, I have a long list too. Unfortunately the suspension re-work is the killer. But at least I'll now have a car that handles....... :happy204:

lateapex911
02-20-2007, 10:21 AM
I thought that was the Saturn that Greg A was so big on? Built by some real wizard, and one of the nicest ITA cars in the country...what happened?

R2 Racing
02-20-2007, 12:51 PM
I thought that was the Saturn that Greg A was so big on? Built by some real wizard, and one of the nicest ITA cars in the country...what happened?
[/b]
That's what I'm wondering too. When Walker had it, it was a rocket. I'd be scared to know that he was running around on a jacked up suspension back then. :o

Greg Amy
02-20-2007, 12:59 PM
...one of the nicest ITA cars in the country...what happened?[/b]
Jeff Lawton bought it.

gran racing
02-20-2007, 01:42 PM
Ouch!

R2 Racing
02-20-2007, 04:40 PM
Jeff, this information might be useful right now:

http://medicalimages.allrefer.com/large/minor-burn-first-aid-series.jpg

Greg Amy
02-20-2007, 09:23 PM
Ah, jus' me pickin'....

I ain't revealin', but the flaw has been there long before Jeff got it...

JLawton
02-21-2007, 07:56 AM
Hmmmm, I didn't mean for this to turn into a thread about Jeff's car....... I wanted to hear how everyone else is getting excited for NHIS :026:

That's what I'm wondering too. When Walker had it, it was a rocket. I'd be scared to know that he was running around on a jacked up suspension back then. :o
[/b]

Still is a rocket (the driver needs the work) I did run the same time at the ARRC that he did when he came in fourth, only with less time in the car, well used tires, a bad shock (hmmmm, what other excuses can I come up with!!) I was very happy with my times at ARRC. Very encouraging knowning that I can run the car like he did. Remember, the prep level of ITA cars has improved dramatically over the past few years (at least in the upper mid west and the north east). His car was 10/10ths then, it's 10/10ths now. Only difference is, everyone else got faster!!! :unsure:

Yes, the suspension has some issues. Not sure if James had them. Maybe my driving style has an impact, maybe the new inserts are a little different than the ones he used <shrug> It will be fixed, should make a difference. I hope to put a "little" fear into some of the faster guys this year. Both in the region and at ARRC ;)

Jeff, this information might be useful right now:

http://medicalimages.allrefer.com/large/minor-burn-first-aid-series.jpg
[/b]

Yeah, and I actually call him my friend!! <_<

Bottom line: I can&#39;t wait to go racin&#39;!!!!

JLawton
03-06-2007, 10:38 AM
Anyone know what the hours are for the tech session Saturday at the Kart track in Wallingford?

Anyone know if Smarty will be there for NHIS school?

Greg Amy
03-06-2007, 10:47 AM
Anyone know what the hours are for the tech session Saturday at the Kart track in Wallingford?[/b]

http://www.ner.org/rr/07/index.htm

Anyone know if Smarty will be there for NHIS school?[/b]
Bring PBR and he&#39;ll be there.

JLawton
03-15-2007, 06:09 AM
Registration is OPEN!!!!

5 more weeks to go...........