PDA

View Full Version : What car numbers are you using for Cendiv IT

theman631
02-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Triple Helix Racing is hoping to run 22,23, & 24 and shwah has 20 on his car for ITB. And as david has pointed out, all cars running IT will need to be different because of running at the same time. I was hoping that for the most part we could sort this out before we show up at blackhawk at the end of april with the same numbers on our cars. Anyone who reads this and has a number that they want or knows a buddys number for this year, post on here and I will update the list. Unfortunately there are no officially reserved numbers, so we can almost clear it up this way. Thanks everyone, Jimmy (#23 ITB)

:024:

R2 racing - ITC 1
R2 racing - ITC 2
R2 racing - ITA 3
anrkii - ITB 13
David - ITA 14
Shwah - ITB 20
Danny (THR) - ITB 22
Jimmy (THR) - ITB 23
Jim (THR) - ITB 24
x1/9racer - ITC 33
Grumpa - ITC 36
R2 racing - ITS 42
Bob - ITB 49
planet6racing - ITA 92
mike - ITB 98
iagreen - ITA 99

www.triplehelixracing.com

shwah
02-13-2007, 08:32 AM
Yup, as noted I have #20

ddewhurst
02-14-2007, 09:25 AM
Jimmy, your thread title reads "ITB". Because most times all the IT classes in CenDiv run the same race group when picking a number you'll need to consider all IT cars in one race group.

Have Fun ;)
David
ITA #14 (for the past 8 years)
CenDiv Milwaukee Region

theman631
02-14-2007, 01:27 PM
Thank you David. I did not consider that. This compounds the situation a little but I hope that it can help some people either avoid duplicates or pick a number that no one is using. I can also recommend looking at last years results to see what numbers people were using. I am getting anxious. :eclipsee_steering:

anrkii
02-14-2007, 08:05 PM
to prevent this kind of thing, I opted to choose a # that no one else runs as my permanent for this year.

#13 ITB
and yes, its a green car

:happy204:

you could say that im not really all that superstitious

planet6racing
02-15-2007, 08:48 AM
92 ITA.

As for no one wanting 13, I wouldn't say that. That is my lucky number. But, I numbered the car already and it is bad karma to change it...

R2 Racing
02-15-2007, 01:12 PM
The Ruck Racing fleet:
ITC Civic - #1
ITC Civic - #2
ITA Integra - #3
ITS Prelude - #42 (we should just make this #4)

shwah
02-15-2007, 02:22 PM
Kevin - do you guys primarily run Great Lakes Div events, or will we see you on our side of the lake too? :eclipsee_steering:

R2 Racing
02-15-2007, 06:20 PM
Mainly GLDiv, but I think the Integra will be up at Road America for at least one event this summer, possibly two if the schedule permits. I'd also kind of like to check out Autobahn Joliet too. BHF is also a slight possibilty - haven't been there since July of 2000.

shwah
02-16-2007, 07:43 AM
Great, well we look forward to seeing you.

Oh - no regional at AB this year, maybe next...

dj10
02-16-2007, 10:19 AM
The Ruck Racing fleet:
ITC Civic - #1
ITC Civic - #2
ITA Integra - #3
ITS Prelude - #42 (we should just make this #4) [/b]

Kevin, I didn't realize the orange 42 was your car until now. Brian drove the car right? I saw him in impound but he never said a word to me. I did meet a guy in another Honda named Chase who seemed like a nice guy. If I remember right they were both on 16" Toyo's. Are they better on the front wheel drives?

Good luck this year with your fleet. :D

Dan

R2 Racing
02-16-2007, 03:16 PM
Kevin, I didn't realize the orange 42 was your car until now. Brian drove the car right? I saw him in impound but he never said a word to me. I did meet a guy in another Honda named Chase who seemed like a nice guy. If I remember right they were both on 16" Toyo's. Are they better on the front wheel drives?

Good luck this year with your fleet. :D

Dan
[/b]
Yes, Brian Ehmer drives our ITS Prelude for the most part. I think you raced against him at the WOR Games. I know he was on the poll at least one day, but your BMW would just kill him on the starts. We probably had some "left over from the NASA days" 15" Toyo's on the car that weekend. It generally has Hoosiers on it. In November, Brian finished 7th at the ARRC in the car in his first attempt at the event. Second highest FWD car. We're looking to improve this year with the weight cut it received. :023:

Chase Lin works for Honda R&D and sometimes drives their blue 5th gen Prelude. He's a really cool guy and generally paddocks with us up on the hill.

dj10
02-16-2007, 03:38 PM
Yes, Brian Ehmer drives our ITS Prelude for the most part. I think you raced against him at the WOR Games. I know he was on the poll at least one day, but your BMW would just kill him on the starts. We probably had some "left over from the NASA days" 15" Toyo's on the car that weekend. It generally has Hoosiers on it. In November, Brian finished 7th at the ARRC in the car in his first attempt at the event. Second highest FWD car. We're looking to improve this year with the weight cut it received. :023:

Chase Lin works for Honda R&D and sometimes drives their blue 5th gen Prelude. He's a really cool guy and generally paddocks with us up on the hill. [/b]

Yes, I remember, we were testing different tire brands and just changed some weight and alignment that weekend between the practice/ qualifying & the race. I thought both were on 16" wheels, I guess it was just Chase. That's the weekend that SCCA Tech had me open up my hood to see if I had the SIR on. I do remember the Sunday start, I think I just got lucky, the starter threw a late green and I caught the front guys as the might have lifted a little while I was putting it to the floor. I'm sure that weight cut will help, I hope it helps me too in ITR.

theman631
02-16-2007, 09:27 PM
Updated the list. My favorite number is also 13 but chose to go with 23 instead. I can't wait to meet you guys in person and have a fun year racing together. Jimmy B)

iagreen
02-20-2007, 03:46 PM
For what it's worth. ITA 99. But I think someone else runs that occasionally as well.

downingracing
02-20-2007, 09:50 PM
ITA 14 for my Civic, but I don't really care. I can be 44, 4, 11, whatever. I just like to :eclipsee_steering:

edit: I'm running (most if not all) GLDiv races...

shwah
02-20-2007, 10:34 PM
If I remember correctly, Michael Baumet uses 99 on his ITB Golf (although I think I have seen 98 as well), and is pretty regular at CenDiv races. I know we have an ITA car on this list with that number, so I will get in touch with him and see if he has a preference.

It's a shame we cannot reserve permanent numbers, but this is a good idea, and a good way for visitors/guests to scope out a number that is unlikely to be taken forcing last minute tape jobs.

anrkii
02-21-2007, 04:08 AM
oops, I dont think I apply here, im in midiv, not cen.

my permanent midiv # is 13 this year.

michael baumet
02-22-2007, 06:25 PM
If I remember correctly, Michael Baumet uses 99 on his ITB Golf (although I think I have seen 98 as well), and is pretty regular at CenDiv races. I know we have an ITA car on this list with that number, so I will get in touch with him and see if he has a preference.

It's a shame we cannot reserve permanent numbers, but this is a good idea, and a good way for visitors/guests to scope out a number that is unlikely to be taken forcing last minute tape jobs.
[/b]

I am #98 since 2000, thats the year I was married and my son was born.

ddewhurst
02-22-2007, 06:39 PM
Matt, if we show up at the same event we'll make it work. 14 turns eazy to 74. No :014: allowed...........

downingracing
02-24-2007, 12:06 PM
David,

No worries! Like I said - makes no difference to me. I don't care what # I run.

Matt (looking forward to the IT racing @ Mid-Ohio!)

x1/9racer
02-25-2007, 03:53 PM
I'll probably mostly run GLDiv, but my ITC Fiat X1/9 is #33.

Racer X
02-25-2007, 08:09 PM
My car is currently for sale, but if it winds up in the permanent stable I will race it in CenDiv and NER in 07. I run #20 ITA.

I know of at least another #20 in CenDiv, another ITB VW. What usually happens when we both show up is a temporary tape job, not a big deal. But I must admit, it does make me cringe to have to put tape on the car...

Ep

shwah
02-25-2007, 08:34 PM
My car is currently for sale, but if it winds up in the permanent stable I will race it in CenDiv and NER in 07. I run #20 ITA.

I know of at least another #20 in CenDiv, another ITB VW. What usually happens when we both show up is a temporary tape job, not a big deal. But I must admit, it does make me cringe to have to put tape on the car...

Ep
[/b]
Yeah I finally got the tape adhesive off my car from the Firecracker in December. I was using 20 because that is my son's birthday, but if I get to the point of doing new vinyl this year, I could change it to 23 in honor of son #2 if no one is using it.

theman631
02-26-2007, 01:39 AM
Yeah I finally got the tape adhesive off my car from the Firecracker in December. I was using 20 because that is my son's birthday, but if I get to the point of doing new vinyl this year, I could change it to 23 in honor of son #2 if no one is using it.
[/b]

Ummm.... The original post that I put up was in order to try and save 22, 23, and 24 for my brother, myself and my father. So... I would prefer that you didn't use 23. Maybe a wedding date or the months that the kids were born in? :026:

downingracing
02-26-2007, 07:27 AM
...But I must admit, it does make me cringe to have to put tape on the car...

Ep
[/b]

I've got about 4 rolls of tape holding my car together... :cavallo:

shwah
02-26-2007, 09:52 AM
Ummm.... The original post that I put up was in order to try and save 22, 23, and 24 for my brother, myself and my father. So... I would prefer that you didn't use 23. Maybe a wedding date or the months that the kids were born in? :026:
[/b]

Whoops! Forgot that. Anyhow if I get to that point, I will just post up in this thread with a new number. Until then I will be #20 whenever I can.

x1/9racer
02-27-2007, 03:49 PM
I've got about 4 rolls of tape holding my car together... :cavallo:
[/b]
Aren&#39;t your "graphics" made of tape also? <_<

shwah
03-06-2007, 02:33 PM
Bob posted in the other CenDiv IT thread that he will be using #49 on his white Scirocco

theman631
03-06-2007, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the update.

Grumpa
03-20-2007, 05:25 PM
My ITC Rabbit sports the number 36 on its flanks.