PDA

View Full Version : Sebring Test Day?

loperdw
02-09-2007, 03:27 PM
Does anyone know if there is a place online or a phone number to call to sign up for the SCCA Sebring Test day on Feb 23rd? Do I just show up at the Chateau Elan and get in line?

Thanks!

JimLill
02-09-2007, 03:45 PM
did you try the registaar:

Central Florida Region
Deanna Harry
2829 NW Lakeview Dr
Sebring, Fl 33870
863-382-4226 (no calls after 9 pm)

e-mail [email protected]

gsbaker
02-09-2007, 03:46 PM
If as in the past, there will be on-site registration at Chateau Elan. But you may be able to preregister online, don't know.

loperdw
02-09-2007, 04:25 PM
After a conversation with some people at Sebring, looks like you just show up at the Elan on the day. Just seems a little fishy as things are usually setup so strict everywhere else. Deanna gave me the number of the Sebring Airport... not sure what do with that. I think she might have the wrong number.

camop
02-09-2007, 04:35 PM
Yep, just stand in line at the lobby of the chateau Elan and show your license and pay for the test day. There is always a sign outside the front door. Every member of your group has to be present to sign the waiver and get a gate pass.

See you there.

Neal Norton

loperdw
02-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Sweet! Thanks!

Colin Harmer
02-14-2007, 08:35 AM
Does anybody know the license requirements for the test day?? I was hoping to have a friend of mine hlp me baseline the car and although he holds a current FIA class B License and a Grand Am licence, he doesn't have (or need for his job) a SCCA competition license. Any idea's if this will be OK for the test day? Or who would I contact to make sure that he doesn't waste a trip to Sebring on Friday?

camop
02-14-2007, 10:39 AM
Hi Colin:

I understand that all FIA and Grand Am Licensed drivers are BANNED from any area within 50 miles of Sebring during that weekend! There should be a sherrifs deputy checking at the gates, so he really shouldn't bother coming :P

Besides, if your car were any quicker, you wouldn't have any fun at all. . .those ITS guys at the front will just make your race miserable!

See you there!

Neal Norton

Colin Harmer
02-18-2007, 01:15 PM
Neal,

Well that certainly clears things up a little.... Since Mike will sell his "go fast" parts to anyone (including me...) I know have new things to sort out. :happy204:

Those "pesky" ITS Cars should be an even more challenging with out the long straights for them to get away from us.

Looking forward to a good weekend! See you there.

Cheers,