PDA

View Full Version : NEW CLASS CALLED ST?

BMW RACER
02-08-2007, 01:21 PM
Hey troops.

Excuse my lazyness I'm trying to help someone out quickly.

Where is ST in the GCR?

I know nothing about this new class

Thanks in advance

Andy Bettencourt
02-08-2007, 01:48 PM
Not a Road Racing class. You are probably thinking of the ST classes in Solo. "Street Touring"

STS, STS2, STX, STU...

VERY popular over the past 5 years and growing. STS2 and STU are new versions.

Rabbit07
02-08-2007, 01:58 PM
Some people are refering to the new T1 as Super Touring or ST

JamesB
02-08-2007, 02:04 PM
Actually in the Touring section of the GCR 9.1.10 there is T1, T2, T3 and ST.

JimLill
02-08-2007, 02:15 PM
GCR-581

STa

Corvette Z06
Viper
Ford GT

BMW RACER
02-08-2007, 03:22 PM
Thanks.

That was the info I needed.

Actually found it on GCR page 561

You guys rock!

JimLill
02-08-2007, 03:25 PM
Thanks.

That was the info I needed.

Actually found it on GCR page 561

You guys rock!
[/b]

On my crummy at-work CRT the 6 was fuzzy in the PDF (book at home)

JamesB
02-08-2007, 03:48 PM
I havnt even broken the plastic wrap on the book at home yet. PDF file takes care of that.

Andy Bettencourt
02-08-2007, 04:03 PM
Sone of a gun! I guess that makes as much sense as ITS and ITR being 'before' ITA, ITB and ITC!

That class will be a muct watch at the runoffs!

Bildon
02-08-2007, 04:54 PM
ST is the new class we run in :D
http://gsm.bildon.com/

sorry :P

Butch Kummer
02-08-2007, 05:29 PM
ST (Super Touring) is one the five new National classes for 2007, with the others being FB (F-1000), FE (FSCCA), BP (World Challenge GT) and DP (World Challenge Touring). It came about because Dodge and Chevy continued to hound the CRB about giving the unrestricted Viper and C-6 Z-06 a place to play. They kept asking to be put into GT-2 and the GT Ad Hoc Committee kept saying "over our dead bodies". There was a similar request to add the World Challenge GT cars to GT-2 with a similar response. Why the CRB/BOD didn't combine ST and BP I have no idea, but both groups are being given a chance to "make their numbers" in order to get an invitation to future Runoffs. It would appear that neither will do so in 2007 (for the 2008 Runoffs).

Because they are ineligible for the 2007 Runoffs, all five classes will be part of the 2007 ARRC. We expect a full field of FE cars (they will probably qualify for the 2008 Runoffs), a pretty good number of FBs and the jury is still out on ST, BP and DP.

Butch Kummer

Bill Miller
02-08-2007, 05:52 PM
ST (Super Touring) is one the five new National classes for 2007, with the others being FB (F-1000), FE (FSCCA), BP (World Challenge GT) and DP (World Challenge Touring). It came about because Dodge and Chevy continued to hound the CRB about giving the unrestricted Viper and C-6 Z-06 a place to play. They kept asking to be put into GT-2 and the GT Ad Hoc Committee kept saying "over our dead bodies". There was a similar request to add the World Challenge GT cars to GT-2 with a similar response. Why the CRB/BOD didn't combine ST and BP I have no idea, but both groups are being given a chance to "make their numbers" in order to get an invitation to future Runoffs. It would appear that neither will do so in 2007 (for the 2008 Runoffs).

Because they are ineligible for the 2007 Runoffs, all five classes will be part of the 2007 ARRC. We expect a full field of FE cars (they will probably qualify for the 2008 Runoffs), a pretty good number of FBs and the jury is still out on ST, BP and DP.

Butch Kummer
[/b]

Butch,

I didn't there there were that many of the FSCCA cars out there.

Oh, and as far as not going to the '07 Runoffs, don't be surprised if you see a last minute "promoter's option" stunt pulled to allow them to run. John Heinricy wants yet another Runoffs' gold medal.

Rabbit07
02-08-2007, 08:07 PM
It came about because Dodge and Chevy continued to hound the CRB about giving the unrestricted Viper and C-6 Z-06 a place to play.

Butch Kummer
[/b]

Chevy maybe, I wouldn't include Dodge in that statement.

Butch Kummer
02-09-2007, 08:33 AM
Bill,

As far as ST (or any of the rest of the new classes) being at the 2007 Runoffs, I can only state what's been published. Due to those statements (which I realize can change at a moment's notice), we are planning to invite those five classes to participate in the 2007 ARRC as their "National Championship". Since they will fit nicely with existing run groups, that will NOT detract from the track time available to you guys.

My understanding is there are almost 100 FSCCA cars out there with more being sold every week. Based on their participation in 2006 Nationals, they would have made the "top 24" and thus have been eligible for the 2007 Runoffs had that logic been in place. We had 22 show up at the ARRC last year. With the expectation there will be even more this year (likely the last time they can run the ARRC), we've given them their own race on Sunday afternoon, replacing the Pro Shootout. They will qualify with the other Wings & Things on Friday, watch the rest of us on Saturday, then race on Sunday.

Rabbit07,

When I was still on the GT Advisory Committee we got regular requests to classify the C-6 Z06 and Viper Competition Coupe in GT-2. Some came from private individuals while at least two versions came directly from the manufacturers. YOU may not include Dodge in my statement, but I will. B)

Butch Kummer

Rabbit07
02-09-2007, 08:46 AM
Rabbit07,

When I was still on the GT Advisory Committee we got regular requests to classify the C-6 Z06 and Viper Competition Coupe in GT-2. Some came from private individuals while at least two versions came directly from the manufacturers. YOU may not include Dodge in my statement, but I will. B)

Butch Kummer
[/b]

Dodge wanted the Comp Coupe in GT-2 not the SRT-10. They only wanted the SRT-10 to run unrestricted in T1. The old T1 that is.

Butch Kummer
02-09-2007, 09:30 AM
Chris,

I stand corrected, it was the Competition Coupe they wanted in GT-2. An unrestricted SRT-10 would absolutely kill the old T-1 (which is still called T-1) by making all the C-5 Z06's obsolete. I agree that's the nature of Touring/Showroom Stock classes (buying the "car of the year"), but it'd be the same as when the BMW Z-4 was being allowed in SSB and there would have been four cars at the Runoffs when all the Miatas pulled out. It appears they have a pretty good balance in T-1 with the restricted Viper against the modified C-5, but you wouldn't know that from all the whining and moaning from BOTH sides.

BK

Rabbit07
02-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Chris,

I stand corrected, it was the Competition Coupe they wanted in GT-2. An unrestricted SRT-10 would absolutely kill the old T-1 (which is still called T-1) by making all the C-5 Z06's obsolete. I agree that's the nature of Touring/Showroom Stock classes (buying the "car of the year"), but it'd be the same as when the BMW Z-4 was being allowed in SSB and there would have been four cars at the Runoffs when all the Miatas pulled out. It appears they have a pretty good balance in T-1 with the restricted Viper against the modified C-5, but you wouldn't know that from all the whining and moaning from BOTH sides.

BK
[/b]

Yeah, the whining is all part of Showroom stock and Touring. The one who whines the most gets the car of the year. "His car was too fast. That car has brakes too big for the class. Why doesn't my car get a suspension kit? " It never ends......

Bill Miller
02-09-2007, 08:19 PM
Bill,

As far as ST (or any of the rest of the new classes) being at the 2007 Runoffs, I can only state what's been published. Due to those statements (which I realize can change at a moment's notice), we are planning to invite those five classes to participate in the 2007 ARRC as their "National Championship". Since they will fit nicely with existing run groups, that will NOT detract from the track time available to you guys.

My understanding is there are almost 100 FSCCA cars out there with more being sold every week. Based on their participation in 2006 Nationals, they would have made the "top 24" and thus have been eligible for the 2007 Runoffs had that logic been in place. We had 22 show up at the ARRC last year. With the expectation there will be even more this year (likely the last time they can run the ARRC), we've given them their own race on Sunday afternoon, replacing the Pro Shootout. They will qualify with the other Wings & Things on Friday, watch the rest of us on Saturday, then race on Sunday.

Butch Kummer
[/b]

I'd like to see that data Butch.

And as far as ST going to the Runoffs this year, my prediction is that they will go. Given what it's going to cost to put one of those cars on the track, just how many of them do you think will be out there? Do you think the people w/ the $$$ (and connections) to build and campaign one, are going to invest that much time and money w/o going to 'the show'?

The mfg's stopped the consolidation of SSB and T3 (and the conversion of SSC to T4), and they got ST created. They'll be at the Runoffs this year, count on it.