PDA

View Full Version : How to go about making a change

spnkzss
02-06-2007, 12:07 PM
How does one go about requesting a Region to spend some of their own money to improve a track?

This is what I would like to see, and I know of quite a few people that would like to see it also. I want to see WDCR pay/pay majority/help pay for gazebos at Summit Point to replace the crows nest. That would make it much nicer for the corner works during the August races and anytime it rains.

How do you go about requesting? Would creating a poll/petition help?

tom_sprecher
02-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Depends on the region. In some cases a call to the RE might be sufficient. At the other end of the spectrum you may have to put on some knee pads... :o

Racerlinn
02-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Polls and petitions don't do much. Work for resolution, not demands.
Contact the Region's RE, let him/her know your thoughts, and then attend that Region's next Board of Directors meeting. Come prepared to present the idea and rationalize the expenditure. Prepare to also then volunteer to head up the effort to make it happen. Regions do not have an infinite amount of resources, either financial or volunteer. Also then to expect to run the juggernaut of dealing with the track and it's rules and restrictions on capital improvements, insurance reqirements, vendors, etc.
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

mlytle
02-07-2007, 04:41 PM
How does one go about requesting a Region to spend some of their own money to improve a track?

This is what I would like to see, and I know of quite a few people that would like to see it also. I want to see WDCR pay/pay majority/help pay for gazebos at Summit Point to replace the crows nest. That would make it much nicer for the corner works during the August races and anytime it rains.

How do you go about requesting? Would creating a poll/petition help?
[/b]

poll/petition won't help. we already have a system in place. talk to your class drivers rep or worker specialty rep. they can bring it up at the comp committee meeting.

ps- this topic comes up on a regular basis in the comp committee. i forget what the resolve was last time the "hot tub" issue came up.

marshall
ITS/ITR class rep
wdcr comp committee

JimLill
02-07-2007, 04:54 PM
re: actual structure....

Look into kid' fort kits. The modern variation on tree forts has standalone stuff that is pretty nice and often cheap.

spnkzss
02-08-2007, 07:50 AM
poll/petition won't help. we already have a system in place. talk to your class drivers rep or worker specialty rep. they can bring it up at the comp committee meeting.

ps- this topic comes up on a regular basis in the comp committee. i forget what the resolve was last time the "hot tub" issue came up.

marshall
ITS/ITR class rep
wdcr comp committee
[/b]

Thanks Marshall.